Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mixed signals from a girl, should I walk away?

chalkitup

Reaction score
Me and this girl were on and off dating for about 10 months last year. we were extremely close, we would see each other at least 3 times a week, even in the periods when we weren't hooking up or dating. we were pretty much best friends. in december she went back to her ex of 4 years and we didn't speak for 4 months. i saw her 4 months later and she said they broke up and we started seeing each other again for the past 3 months. now this last month she told me we just friends again, and i said fine and started going no contact. after that day i seen her once a week and everytime we have kissed and been super close, yet after the time spent she goes distant and i dont hear from her for like a week.
so last friday we hung out and everything was great. on the monday i tried to call her, she ignored my call, didnt call back. tuesday i tried to call her again twice, no answer no call back. then it happened. my grandfather passed away on wednesday morning and i am living in another country so i was very sad and lonely. i texted her asking if shes ok cos she didnt return my calls and i told her the sad news and i said i could really use someone to talk to. well she replied immediately saying she's sorry for my loss etc and said she will call me later. didnt hear from her all day, so i called her in the evening. no reply but she called back straight away and was very offish on the phone, like she had to speak to me. then after about 2 minutes on the phone, she said she has another call, she'll call me back. no call back. texted her an hour later saying if u not busy after work do u wana come hang out, i could use a laugh and just relax with you. no reply.... everyone i know has gone out their way to message me and call me to see how i am doing, yet the girl i care for the most acted like she couldn't give 2 ****s and i haven't even heard a word from her... we supposed to be close friends. even if we not dating. so i'm really hurt and disappointed that she would act this way, all i needed was to talk to her and for her to show a bit of compassion.... is this the right time for me to just walk away, or do I call her out on this?

chalkitup

Reaction score
thanks for that.. just gave it a read and it make alot of sense.. thing is that over the past year and a half its been a major case of when i back away she comes back, then we get close again for a few weeks and she backs off again... its been a crazy cycle. however after what happened yesterday i can honestly say that i dont think i know her like i thought i did. what kind of friend wouldn't even reply to a message or call after hearing their grandfather died.. this is not a pity thing, but it sure tells me alot about the kind of person she is... i really have no hesitation in not calling or texting her ever again...
its also incredible how jealous she gets when she thinks other girls are in the picture in my life.. on friday when i last saw he she came to chill at my house, and we watched movies in my room. anyway she started looking at my desk and my stuff and she found a pair of ear rings that a girl i hooked up with the week before left there. i totally forgot i had left them out.. so she says ooh whos are these? so i said i dont know, probably a girl or friend who was here cos we always have people at our apartment on weekends. strange thing she does, she puts them on and starts flirting with me, kind of modelling herself in front of me and she says oooohhh so i do look sexier in them??? can i keep them??? wtf

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

Now, on to giving you some straight to the point advice.

chalkitup said:
now this last month she told me we just friends again, and i said fine and started going no contact.
No contact means no contact what so ever. Clearly you were fooling yourself and hoping she would coming chasing after reading the rest of your post, not good.

chalkitup said:
after that day i seen her once a week and everytime we have kissed and been super close, yet after the time spent she goes distant and i dont hear from her for like a week.
Remind me how this is going no contact?

She has you on a leash & you are not a challenge at all. Therefore, she comes to you when she is bored & wants attention. Your her puppet.

Let me be clear though, you have a choice & you are choosing to be her puppet because you are emotionally attached to someone who feeds you crumbs.

on the monday i tried to call her, she ignored my call, didnt call back.
tuesday i tried to call her again twice, no answer no call back.
i texted her asking if shes ok cos she didnt return my calls and i told her the sad news and i said i could really use someone to talk to.
so i called her in the evening. no reply but she called back straight away and was very offish on the phone
texted her an hour later saying if u not busy after work do u wana come hang out, i could use a laugh and just relax with you. no reply....
Dude, I cringed reading all this. Do you not know how to take a hint? You know the saying "she wants to have her cake & eat it too?" You are the "eat it too" part. In other words, you are the backup plan & you always will be. If you are okay with that, then by all means continue doing what your doing.

But if you have some self respect for yourself & don't want bread crumbs, realize what she is telling you thru her actions; LOW INTEREST.

Calling her out on not calling you back will accomplish the following:

a) make her more distant
b) make her look at you like the girl in the dynamic
c) make you look clueless

You should be happy that you have a girl who is not confusing you. She is CLEARLY indicating that she isn't interested in you. But your emotions aren't ready to accept that yet.

And never ever, call a girl so many damn times without hearing back from her. I don't even know you & I can tell that you are sitting in your room thinking about this broad all day & obsessing.

Pick yourself up, stop calling her. Go out with your boys this weekend & start meeting new girls.

PIMP

chalkitup

Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
First off, sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

Now, on to giving you some straight to the point advice.

No contact means no contact what so ever. Clearly you were fooling yourself and hoping she would coming chasing after reading the rest of your post, not good.

Remind me how this is going no contact?

She has you on a leash & you are not a challenge at all. Therefore, she comes to you when she is bored & wants attention. Your her puppet.

Let me be clear though, you have a choice & you are choosing to be her puppet because you are emotionally attached to someone who feeds you crumbs.

Dude, I cringed reading all this. Do you not know how to take a hint? You know the saying "she wants to have her cake & eat it too?" You are the "eat it too" part. In other words, you are the backup plan & you always will be. If you are okay with that, then by all means continue doing what your doing.

But if you have some self respect for yourself & don't want bread crumbs, realize what she is telling you thru her actions; LOW INTEREST.

Calling her out on not calling you back will accomplish the following:

a) make her more distant
b) make her look at you like the girl in the dynamic
c) make you look clueless

You should be happy that you have a girl who is not confusing you. She is CLEARLY indicating that she isn't interested in you. But your emotions aren't ready to accept that yet.

And never ever, call a girl so many damn times without hearing back from her. I don't even know you & I can tell that you are sitting in your room thinking about this broad all day & obsessing.

Pick yourself up, stop calling her. Go out with your boys this weekend & start meeting new girls.

PIMP

thanks dude.. i know you 100% right with all this. but i just cant seem to let go. oneitis sucks. funny thing is i hooked up with a girl a couple of weeks back, and she seems to be pretty into me, but i cant let go of this confusing chick... i know im being stupid i know it...

and about the calls. well i saw her on friday, she said she wants to come over to my place next week, so obviously i was gona call her. i tried once on monday and twice on tuesday, thats it.
even if we not dating, she is still a close friend to me, we often help each other when we need help. just last week, i lost my bank card and couldn't get cash for a week, she was the one to offer to help me. she came to me to even drop off the cash, then we ended up spending the evening together. so when i texted her on wednesday i just said i could really use you as a friend now to talk to, thats it... i really thought i could count on her to at least be nice and supportive. considering 2 weeks before she went out of her way to lend me cash she didnt really have. thats what i mean i cant understand her... she literally changes from being over into me one week, to being a complete ***** the next...

newboy718

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know but from experience if she's showing low interest like that she has someone else she's talking to. Females like giving mixed signals but hate when you take the bait for it.

Go no contact for a longer amount of time try to re apply contact and see what happens. If she's still acting the same move on it hurts but you have to do it.