"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Missed a great PU opportunity!

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
I got a flat tire tonight and was stopped a long the road trying to figure out the jack on my brother's truck, while it was lightly sprinkling outside. This cute girl pulls up with her GF in a car behind her. I'm caught off guard and feeling a little weak because I'm having such trouble changing a flat, like a girl would. She asks if I was ok. I say "yeah, it's just a flat." She asks if I need to use her cell and gets out of the car.

As I'm calling my brother about his janky jack, I'm thinking that I should get this girl's number. It's not so much that she is gorgeous but just for the opportunity of the situation and the pride of being ballsy enough. Unfortunately, the AFC voice inside of me that I'm usually successful at smothering, pipes up with discouraging words. Plus, as I scrambled to decide whether to ask for the number, my mind went blank and I couldn't think of a smooth way to ask.

After the call, as she starts to get back into the car, I asked her name and thanked her. PERFECT time! Well as you may guess, a minute after she left, I realized, DUH! I should've simply said I was impressed that she stopped to help a stranger and wanted to thank her by taking her out and then got the number. Curses!

Again, it's not losing a chance with this girl that galls me, although the more I think about it, she may have some pretty cool qualities to make her stop like that. But the worst thing is backsliding into AFCness. I thought I had the approach and close under control and that intimate convo was the area that needed the most work. It goes to show that I'm still a work in progress. Ah well, live and learn.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Well as you may guess, a minute after she left, I realized, DUH! I should've simply said I was impressed that she stopped to help a stranger and wanted to thank her by taking her out and then got the number. Curses!
:D You won't beleive how many times it happened to me :D

But you'll remember this time when you see a hot chick in the future.

BTW: You may not realize it, but your bro has a caller ID. You have her number, unless it's blocked by default. :D

So make your move playa. ;)
 

Drex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
568
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ice Cold


BTW: You may not realize it, but your bro has a caller ID. You have her number, unless it's blocked by default. :D

So make your move playa. ;)
Hell yea. Call her up! Smart thinkin Ice Cold.
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
My brother does have caller ID but don't you think it's kind of weak and creepy to call her this way when I didn't have the guts to straight up ask for the digits? Not to flame you guys or anything. I entertained this thought myself.

Maybe I could frame it as the afterthought it was. hmmm. Sucks it's friday tomorrow. I hate to call on a Friday but calling on Sunday could make the afterthought line seem unauthentic.
What do ya'll think? Bend the rules or call on Sunday and act like I just realized the number was on the ID?

However, the main thing was that I backslid. Stressing over the girl, seems to be beside the point. You're right though IceCold, regardless of calling her, I can make the most of this by remembering it during my next opportunity.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
I can make the most of this by remembering it during my next opportunity.
Or you can make even more out of this, by remembering that you didn't ask for the digits AND DIDN'T CALL HER WHEN YOU HAD THE DIGITS. :D :D :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Well for those who've been closely following this story, ;) I called her up tonight and asked her out, framing it like an afterthought. It didn't feel creepy at all and she seemed genuinely pleased, not creeped out. She said she had a BF though and turned me down. :/ Regardless, it felt good to salvage a screw up and dare what I wouldn't have dared a year ago.
Thanks for your input guys!
 
Top