"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Mindset is key

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I've begun to realize that mindset is everything. Back in my AFC days I would overthink everything. And by everything, I mean absolutely everything. If I met somebody one time, then I would refuse to talk to them again. I convinced myself that they would think I'm weird, because somehow they'd know that I was only being that friendly to them, and they'd realize I was interested. My first instinct would then be to RUN AWAY!

But, then I realized something. If you're friendly and outgoing to everybody, then it's nothing out of the ordinary if I say hi to a girl I met once. I have friends. I've had girlfriends. I've had many missed opportunities. Obviously there's something appealing about me, so why should I be afraid to be friendly to somebody who I've met before? The answer: I shouldn't be.

Here's an example: I have a very good female friend who's a year younger than me. We hang out sometimes at lunch (although I never initiate the conversation or EC :) ) and through her I've met a bunch of sophomores. A couple of months ago, I would talk to them maybe a tiny bit, and then that would be it. Now though, I treat them with respect and friendliness whenever I see them, and they all know my name and engage me in conversation.

If you think you're a great guy, a friendly guy, and that you have attractive qualities, you'll make friends very easily.

Another example: I went to homecoming this weekend with one of my very good friends at her private, all girls school. She's the only one that I know who goes there. Before finding this site I would have talked to her the whole evening, been introverted, and not had the guts to ask anybody to dance. In fact, that's what every single one of my friend's friends' dates did. I was the only guy who didn't ditch his date to walk around or stand by the wall trying to look cool. I know I'm cool, I don't care what other people think of me, and I just acted like myself.

She called me today and said "dude, my friends loved you. they said that my date was so cool."

Damn straight.

Being friendly won't scare girls away. Being unfriendly will. At this homecoming, I managed to upstage every other guys in the group (it was four others, I think) before dinner had even started. How? I was friendly as all get out before I'd memorized everybody's names.

My friend told me that one of the girls was going without a date, because hers couldn't make it. So, I got my friend a rose, and I got this girl who I didn't know a rose. And they loved me for it. One of the girls looked at every other guy there and said "You all are going to have to step it up now."



There's nothing wrong with being friendly. There is something wrong with being unfriendly. Ignoring somebody and pretending you don't notice them because you've only met them once isn't cool - it's AFCish.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
734
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Miami
I absolutely fvcking LOVE this post man!!

I've made the realization about a week and a half ago about this whole being freindly concept. I used to think the being freindly made me look weak and submissive and my ego played a big part of that. Ever since Ive been slowly getting more and more freindly, and I have made alot of progress. It is going great for me now!
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Great post man and may I add...da da da dats all folks.:)
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
Jersey Biznatch
Friendliness (if done right), shows that you are confident in yourself to approach other people w/o putting them down to raise your ego.

IMO friendliness is highly underrated in the forums.
 

dbot

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
530
Reaction score
63
Exactly. The thing to do is be friends with and respect EVERYONE. If they piss you off, don't get worked up about it, just blow it off. This attitude will get you tons of respect.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Champion

New Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
here
You know I really liked this post…

Realizing yourself how much easier it is to be friendly and outgoing is a huge step that many guys never venture past.
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
896
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Wasn't being friendly something that comes out with being confident and sh*t. OF COURSE YOU'VE GOT TO BE FRIENDLY!!!


How in the hell are you supposed to gain true respect from someone?

I've never seen being friendly as submissive or weak, in turn I'm empowered. I get this respect from ppl, and in turn they actually look up to me. Like I told Boricua in a chat a while back, you've got to be laid back and have a good sense of hospitality and amiability(is that a word?) with people if you want to be a people person.

YES! during HS, being friendly to people will help you so much in gaining respect from ppl, and in life as well. It's what makes you a dominant creature within a place such as HS which obviously reeks the pungent stench of insecurity.
 
Top