Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mind, Body, and Liberation

imarockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats up my friends. Just wanted to post something while its still fresh in my mind. I had psych class tonight, and my professor has blown my mind each class ive had thus far. But tonight he has shattered my entire universe.

Liberation. What does that word mean to you? The first thing that comes to my mind is freedom, which is basically the definition. But are we liberated? Now Im not getting into a political topic here, I mean are you living your life the way you want to? Do you have impulses and gut feelings that you contemplate on but do not act on? Are you in denial? Are you waiting for the magic pill, some beautiful unpredictable miracle to happen in your life to motivate you, or are you just merely existing and taking up space?

My professor (whom ill refer to as professor X from now on, X-Men is my sh*t!) challenges us each week to be transparent, or see through. Meaning, he wants us to give our input on what we are going through. He wants us to be honest, generally just keep it real. Through this, our class has learned that we each have the same issues in one way or another. And to add to the process of being transparent, you become liberated. You accept yourself for who you are in spite of your short-comings or fears.

This is when the stars aligned, a cosmic aura surrounded me, I recieved my first dose of my own personal "magic pill". Professor X asked the class tonight why we feel we need to do drugs or drink alcohol, even on occasion. After some deep thought, I reminisced to my days as a drug addict. Last year I was addicted to pills, for a good 4 month period. I thought about how free I felt. How I didnt give a **** what the next guy was thinking, how confident they made me feel. Same goes for booze (liquid courage). I replied "because you are able to do things that deep down you really want to, and if someone has a problem with it you can write it off the next day that you were under the influence of something". I noticed a smirk on his face, and all he said back was "you desire liberation, and to compensate you use drugs/alcohol to give it to you, but the fact is that this is a false liberation". The next question he fires to me would've made Thomas Edison jizz in his pants, because the lightbulbs flickered in my head like a techno club on the fourth of july.

"Did you know you could feel like that all the time, if you just kept it real?" Damn, thats some heavy sh*t. Now im not dissing alcohol at all. I love getting drunk on the weekends. But how many of us really keep it real with ourselves? Me personally, there are so many things I want to get into and dont. Ive taken baby steps, but Ive failed to follow through to the things that Im really interested in. Ive been going to the gym religiously for the past 6 months. Ive been talking to girls, really just talking to everyone, sharpening my social skills. But when I thought about it, Im scared that Im going to fail at the things that really interest me, and then what?

Well Im here to say f*ck that. Starting this moment on Im going to control my life. If I want to do something, Im going to do it. Professor X also mentioned something about your mind and your body. That your mind really wants to do something, but your body doesnt, or vice versa. Perfect examples are you really wanting to go to the gym mentally, but physically your body doesnt feel like it. Or from the other side, (which ill take from the masterbation thread here on good ol sosuave) your body really desiring a nice rub out, but deep down you would much rather be getting laid. You must take control of your body and overpower it with your mind.

Guys, Im not telling you to go out into the world and spill your heart to everyone. Im just telling you that everyone has their issues, and not one person is better than the other. What Im trying to get through to you is that you need to stop telling yourself lies. Stop telling yourself that it can wait, or that you'll do it next time, or that someones better than you, or that you're not good enough, or that you need that perfect job, car, or looks to get that girl. Its all about inner game fellas, thats all you need to get everywhere in life.

Do yourself a favor. Sit down and have a deep self-analyzation of you. Figure out what you want, dont think about the risk or think negatively, write it down if you want. Who do you want to be and where do you want to go. When you talk to people, are you saying what you really want to say, or are you trying to impress the audience or be someone else. Focus on how you interact with people. Not too much, but be alert and concentrate on keeping a good conversation. Push your limits, go out of your way to talk to people. Still have approach anxiety? Force yourself to face that fear. Have beliefs and opinions and dont be afraid to voice them, but at the same time realize that other people have their own set and respect it. And for Gods sakes stop being mad at the world. Put down your defenses.

Every great philosopher of their time came to the same general conclusion toward their end of days. That you become what you think about. Are you the type that sees the bad in a situation before the good? If so, change this ASAP. Keep the positive thoughts intact, and be aware of your way of thinking. This is the beggining of your new life, because now you are percieving things with a positive vibe. And that is what I stick by, the beauty of life, that you can change the things you dont like, and that you are always capable of recreating and reinventing yourself. I forget who said it, but adding on to the become what you think about theory, he went on to say that people are generally good, and this so short but so important time that we call life, we should strive to enjoy it and love each other while we are here. Trust me there are some oddballs in some of my classes, people I never thought Id have anything in common with or relate to, but at the core these are some genuinely cool people. Its true that once you stop judging people, you'll stop judging yourself.

Im glad I stumbled onto this site a year ago. After being in a 4 year relationship with a girl who was extremely beautiful and loving but at the same time neuratic as hell and completely disrespectful to me at times, I realized I had lost love for myself a long time ago and I relied on her to give me value. Its definately been a rough journey of self-doubt and falling down at times, but its been worth it because of where its taken me. If you get nothing else from this post, I hope you've learned what I have. That its impossible to be permenantely happy from something external if you aren't already there internally. And that life is short, that we cant wait another moment to take control of it. If you hate something, change it, its just that simple.

lugsy211

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post. You really have a refreshingly positive attitude to life, I bet you are a great influence to all those around you. Keep up the good work.

Don Wha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely good stuff. A little long, but worth reading.

:up:

-Don Wha in the making

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a positive post but a bit convoluted.

I mean, what is keeping it real? Like telling a girl that you REALLY want to be with her?? I mean, how real are you supposed to be exactly??

BTW booze makes me feel good because the buzz makes me mellow out and chill. Not because I feel liberated.. I don't get it.

imarockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I wrote isn't some pickup method, something to attract women, which it will anyways. Its about you as an individual. To keep it real is to keep it true to yourself. Do you change who you are in order to gain peoples approval, or are you being yourself, regardless of what people might think. Are you doing everything possible to improve yourself? In better words, take you in the present. Then imagine the kind of person you want to be.

For me, I decided a few things. I dont want to smoke cigarettes anymore, I want to continue going to the gym, just be healthy in general. I want to stay commited to my responsibilities, like school and work. I want to start taking martial arts classes, and get back into playing the piano. Most importantly, I want to stay true to my core beliefs, keep an open mind when I disagree with someone, but genuinely just respect each person I meet. I want to be content with the person I am.

After processing what I learned and then what I wrote last night, I realized that I can change all the things I dont like. This is the point Im trying to make. As for the booze, yeah it makes you mellow and relaxed. But you can feel this same state of relaxtion once you decide who you want to be and actually commit and make the changes necessary to do so. The alcohol wasnt really even a big deal, it was more to show when everything clicked in my head about innergame.

This post was just me reflecting on the information I was taking in last night. Everyones different and may process this in different fashions. For me, this is working, and Im going to continue living my life exempt of excuses or lies to myself.