Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Military Veteran

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi brothers, I'm a Former Marine Veteran looking to date again. I am 40 years old and the online matchmaking isn't working for me. I live in Wisconsin and I feel there is not much opportunity for me here. I don't know if I am insecure around women or just unattractive. I came to this site maybe to look at life in a different light. I live in a college town but I much rather find a women around my age. I have decent money from my time in the Marines, a car, and a roof over my head.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Were u really in recon?

**** bro just throw on those dress blues and walk around the mall

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No brother. My company was recon battalion in Okinawa. My mos was in support of recon. Dress blues huh....? Thats an idea. I don't know though if any serious woman would take me seriously.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Most guys in the military have hot girlfriends and dont seem to have any problems. Are you built? Pilots seem to get th hottest ones.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Hi brothers, I'm a Former Marine Veteran looking to date again. I am 40 years old and the online matchmaking isn't working for me. I live in Wisconsin and I feel there is not much opportunity for me here. I don't know if I am insecure around women or just unattractive. I came to this site maybe to look at life in a different light. I live in a college town but I much rather find a women around my age. I have decent money from my time in the Marines, a car, and a roof over my head.
Better than my county for OLD. I live in a county of about 250k, and the oldest median age in the state of 55 and can go for a week or more without seeing a single HB5 or above in my county on OLD. Even hardly any landwhales on OLD in my county LOL. Even the premium sites liek Match and Eharmony hardly anything within 30 miles. If it wasn't for the cold weather I'd trade you in a jiffy for your college town!!!!

How about trying to dress younger, and use Tinder Gold and hide your age? I'd imagine Tinder would work well in a college town and better looking girls too than here.

That's if you want to go way younger if you can't find anyone in your age range. However with those women in their 20s and in college there comes the maturity issues as well. I'm 36 and would prefer a hot 38 year old over a immature 21 year old college student.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't listen to BigGoal for advice. He's always wrong. He's our version of Mush from A Bronx Tale.

If you are in shape, decent height and have a some good activity pics, you should be fine. I am sure you can use some pics from when you were on tour with your company. Action pics are the best.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better than my county for OLD. I live in a county of about 250k, and the oldest median age in the state of 55 and can go for a week or more without seeing a single HB5 or above in my county on OLD. Even hardly any landwhales on OLD in my county LOL. Even the premium sites liek Match and Eharmony hardly anything within 30 miles. If it wasn't for the cold weather I'd trade you in a jiffy for your college town!!!!

How about trying to dress younger, and use Tinder Gold and hide your age? I'd imagine Tinder would work well in a college town and better looking girls too than here.

That's if you want to go way younger if you can't find anyone in your age range. However with those women in their 20s and in college there comes the maturity issues as well. I'm 36 and would prefer a hot 38 year old over a immature 21 year old college student.
Better than my county for OLD. I live in a county of about 250k, and the oldest median age in the state of 55 and can go for a week or more without seeing a single HB5 or above in my county on LD. Even hardly any landwhales on OLD in my county LOL. Even the premium sites liek Match and Eharmony hardly anything within 30 miles. If it wasn't for the cold weather I'd trade you in a jiffy for your college town!!!!

I just started using Tinder on my phone without much success. Dressing better sounds like a cool idea thanks. I like to discount shop at factory outlet centers that sell Nike,Express for men, Ralph lauren but with Wisconsin winters you can't be in style when it gets so cold.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes bro thats true, but the reality of the situation is there is long deployments,women cheat commit infidelity and there are break up letters too.Its a hard life.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Wouldn't do the dress in blue's. I played around with pics of me in my fatigues, wasn't much help. What did work were action shots, doing things, being adventurous, etc.

As for dressing. Keep it simple. Jeans, t-shirt (fitted), and nice shoes. Stick with the basics. You want a fitted or tapered look. Skip the Nikes, go with some nice shoes or boots. I do not know about express or Ralph Lauren, but consider looking at H & M, American Eagle, and Lucky Brand for some nice affordable options that look sweet.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't do the dress in blue's. I played around with pics of me in my fatigues, wasn't much help. What did work were action shots, doing things, being adventurous, etc.

As for dressing. Keep it simple. Jeans, t-shirt (fitted), and nice shoes. Stick with the basics. You want a fitted or tapered look. Skip the Nikes, go with some nice shoes or boots. I do not know about express or Ralph Lauren, but consider looking at H & M, American Eagle, and Lucky Brand for some nice affordable options that look sweet.
I do need to upgrade my wardrobe a bit. Lucky brand makes nice jeans and I do like doc marten boots. thanks

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

From where do you have the energy to post the same statement over and over? It's like I'm reading this landwhale and HB whatever stuff in every single thread these days...

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

Why are people telling me I dress wrong when I go on dates, I mean with women my age and older? I've been wearing Calvin Klein or Hilfiger, Polo Sport jeans along with usually a Ralph Lauren Polo Sport shirt or Hilfiger polo shirt With logos on it. People on here say a guy my age dressing like I'm in college is a joke to women in my age range even though those are not cheap shirts. Guys on here say just wear simple clothes, not expensive brand name.

Why wouldn't a 38 year old woman like a guy dressing in his early 20s?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Time of year too I think. Seems this time of year a lot fewer people on old and less quality. Summer and early fall seems to be a lot better. More dates and much high reply rates and less effort needed. Everyone seems busy right now. Summer a lot of teachers out of school too and the single ones are on old all day long bored. My reply rate was decent up until Oct. I even ghosted people on old over the summer due to too many at once I wanted to talk to. Even the trash site okcupid had some decent ones over the summer and ok reply rate as well. They after new year on old again.

If you're buffed I dunno why you don't show it off. Places like tinder in a college town would work. I wouldn't do that on a site like match or eharmony for example though.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, whatever you do, don't let your success/lack of success online reflect your real SMV (sexual market value). It's totally distorted nowadays and can shatter a man's confidence.
Social circles is always the best bet, after that go out and engage in new hobbies and passions that you enjoy. You will naturally meet new women there. Normal women, not narcissistic women with overflated online egos. Moving to a bigger city with more options is also an option.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there are any meetup groups in your area, check them out. It’s a good casual way to meet women.

-Augustus-

Glassguy

Reaction score
I love Lucky jeans.

OP- do you have any hobbies?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Why are people telling me I dress wrong when I go on dates, I mean with women my age and older? I've been wearing Calvin Klein or Hilfiger, Polo Sport jeans along with usually a Ralph Lauren Polo Sport shirt or Hilfiger polo shirt With logos on it. People on here say a guy my age dressing like I'm in college is a joke to women in my age range even though those are not cheap shirts. Guys on here say just wear simple clothes, not expensive brand name.

Why wouldn't a 38 year old woman like a guy dressing in his early 20s?
You do everything wrong on pre-dates, so, we automatically assume you act the same if you actually are able to meet a lady on a date.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was in the military and people were having sex left and right. STD's were prevalent. Navy and Marine chicks were called "door knobs" and "mattresses" because every guy had a turn and every guy slept with them. This site is mainly for autistic retards/nice guys who grew up missing the boat when it comes to understanding female nature. I don't understand why a former military guy would need advice from random online guys, lol.
Let's not judge. Maybe he's shy, was faithful to his partner, concerned with STDs, etc.