Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Miguel Cotto

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen him fight, and he throws some good punches and combinations. A lot of people say he is the future of boxing.

He is fighting DeMarcus Corley next, who seems like the stepping stone for star boxers moving up in weight.

I guess what I am asking is, is Miguel Cotto the real deal?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cotto was one of the best amateurs in Puerto Rico.

He is relatively strong, good boxing skills, tight defence, pretty good speed and pretty solid power.

He has more of a in your face, pressing style, but when required, he can box.

He has some decent names on his resume, Ndou (but then again, he is a stepping stone also), Bailey (who has been beaten by a lot of only decent fighters in Hurtado, Corley himself, etc), he blew out Sosa, which was probably his most noteworthy win. Sosa is a tough customer, but then again, he is a lightweight.
He has also beaten Pinto, who beat him twice in the amateurs, this was another very impressive victory. Cotto showed his patience and tight defence to soak up and dish out some punishment to Pinto.

All in all, I think Cotto could be a great great fighter, and should dispatch of Corley relatively easily! But then again, Cotto is in the hardest division in boxing today, with guys like Mitchell, Tszyu, Witter, Hatton, Mayweather, Gatti etc. All of which Cotto could give a good fight.

So, wrapping up that, I would say he is a good solid fighter with potential to be great (albeit, he is a long long way from that).

I would definately not call him the "future of boxing".

We will wait and see until he fights a couple of the BIG NAMES until we can really tell the true metal of the man!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope we see Cotto or Jermain Taylor in a mega fight soon.

Do you know anything about these ESPN fighters? Like Juan Diaz, Maragarito, Kermit Clintron? Where do they rank overall?

I hear Margarito is going to fight Clintron.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Juan Diaz the lightweight? He could go a long way, he has a good punch output, he has some great boxing ability and some flashy combinations. Trouble is, the man doesnt have that much pop in his punches, so he is always at a disadvantage if he were to fight a guy like Coralles. Trouble is once more, he has not faced any big names at light, in Castillio, Casamayor etc

Cintron, has a lot of power, trouble is, he has not faced many top notch fighters yet, much like Pinto (who was also destroyed by Cotto). Cintron is really someone who is untested and hard to say if he will be great, I personally dont think he will be as great as a guy like Cotto.

Margarito, he has fought a couple of decent fighters, but nothing special. He, just a while ago, lost a TD to Daniel Santos, and was loosing on the cards after the 9th round had finished and the fight was stopped. Santos is a good fighter, but not a great by any means. Margarito has some decent power also, despite not having the greatest KO ratio.

I personally dont beleive any of the above men have the potential Cotto has to be a super-star. And none have done as well in comparison to the decent competition that Cotto has faced so far.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there you go! Cotto looked easy to hit and his chin was very suspect! Although he definately has a great great offence!

Guess we will have to see what he does up against some of the other big names of the division!

Although maybe he needs to move up in weight! He fought at 157 pounds, a middleweight! 17 pounds over the limit! That is a LOT of weight to put on after a weigh-in! Maybe making weight is just too hard for him now that his body is growing with age!

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
I hope we see Cotto or Jermain Taylor in a mega fight soon.

Do you know anything about these ESPN fighters? Like Juan Diaz, Maragarito, Kermit Clintron? Where do they rank overall?

I hear Margarito is going to fight Clintron.
cotto and taylor? i think theyre in different weight classes man.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh thats right....my bad, for some reason i thought i read AND