Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Might have to fight bigger heavier guy

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to get into the specifics of how or why this went down and I hope I'm just being paranoid... but I may find myself in a situation where I have to defend myself against a bigger heavier guy.

Now I'm not weak by any means but I think I need to concede that its most likely this guy is stronger.. he used to play college football (a scrub though).

I'm torn between what my strategy would be if **** hits the fan though... This popular youtube video says I should try to keep away from him using slipping techiques

However I feel like being smaller I should try to get inside on him and start throwing punches like a savage...

What would you suggest?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slips, what's he mad about?

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd guess 90%+ of all guys really don't know how to fight. It's just nonsensical flailing so if you can throw some controlled punches you have a good chance.

Almost no one knows how to block or slip an uppercut and it's a deadly punch. Even if he's big he may not know how to fight. Go on the offensive immediately if he throws a punch (you have a right to defend yourself) and put him on the defensive. If it were me, and I box a lot, I would L jab, L jab, overhand R, duck, come up with a huge R uppercut on the jaw. That could end it. If you can quickly move behind him and put him in a rear naked choke you can end it too.

Just make sure he throws the first punch, grabs you, something physical in the event you do hurt him you were defending yourself.

Good luck.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Congrads. Fighting is dangerous, you can be killed, or you can kill. I'm 5'11 and this dude 6'4 last sunday shoulder bumped me in front of other 3 people in a place where this kind of sht isn't done. I told him to watch it. Then later than evening when I and my buddy was drunk they refused to serve us in his cafe. I went outside and cut all 4 of his tires on his car. If we fight, he'd kill me. But I'm not sweating over sht like that. Anyway, I was drunk, next morning I got a call, I did not appologize, we agreed to a sum of money throuhg a different dude. I send half the money and I'm waiting for the other half, not sending it yet. Because I don't have it. It's a small sum, less than $180. Car is sht tires are cheap. So all this week that 5 year old big guy was calling me, where is my money. When he started to get ahole, I told him fck you. I know that you smoke weed, and I am going to file a complaint with police about it. This is jail time or pay big money time. He already gave his car to police 3 years ago so he wouldn't go to prison. Time to repeat it. I told him, you'd get your money, but fck you, you, you will have this problem.

I'm not even sweating it. Because I know that he knows that I know he will go to prison or have to pay a sht load of money for the week. That's besides if he touches me he'd go to prison. That's besides the fact that I will probably cut him up with that same knife I cut his tires with.

That dude apperantly wasn't able to drive his car for a week, cuz his business isn't profitable and he don't have money to buy tires. I'm laughing my ass off. I'm might even not send him 2nd half, fck him.

I'm torn between what my strategy would be
you got not strategy.

Just like that big dude has no strategy except make it appear how big he is and people should fear him. Until the time I told him to fck off he thought it worked. Now he is afraid of me. He is broke, and if cops come and he has to pee pee for week he will be even more broke or he'd go to prison, loose his driver license and have a sht load of problems. He won't touch me either, cuz he realizes that I will call police and he'd go to prison.....and if I didn't write to police for week yet, then I would..

I CUT HIS TIRES

Yes it is a crime.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slip to the outside of him and then keep smashing elbows into his arms and shoulder. He can't hurt you if those big arms won't stay up.

Frankly never fight because you don't know when some idiot will pull a knife. it's not like the movies I would never take on a guy with a knife and I'm trained in knife fighting.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I would recommend a non confrontational position.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Congrads. Fighting is dangerous, you can be killed, or you can kill. I'm 5'11 and this dude 6'4 last sunday shoulder bumped me in front of other 3 people in a place where this kind of sht isn't done. I told him to watch it. Then later than evening when I and my buddy was drunk they refused to serve us in his cafe. I went outside and cut all 4 of his tires on his car. If we fight, he'd kill me. But I'm not sweating over sht like that. Anyway, I was drunk, next morning I got a call, I did not appologize, we agreed to a sum of money throuhg a different dude. I send half the money and I'm waiting for the other half, not sending it yet. Because I don't have it. It's a small sum, less than $180. Car is sht tires are cheap. So all this week that 5 year old big guy was calling me, where is my money. When he started to get ahole, I told him fck you. I know that you smoke weed, and I am going to file a complaint with police about it. This is jail time or pay big money time. He already gave his car to police 3 years ago so he wouldn't go to prison. Time to repeat it. I told him, you'd get your money, but fck you, you, you will have this problem.

I'm not even sweating it. Because I know that he knows that I know he will go to prison or have to pay a sht load of money for the week. That's besides if he touches me he'd go to prison. That's besides the fact that I will probably cut him up with that same knife I cut his tires with.

That dude apperantly wasn't able to drive his car for a week, cuz his business isn't profitable and he don't have money to buy tires. I'm laughing my ass off. I'm might even not send him 2nd half, fck him.

you got not strategy.

Just like that big dude has no strategy except make it appear how big he is and people should fear him. Until the time I told him to fck off he thought it worked. Now he is afraid of me. He is broke, and if cops come and he has to pee pee for week he will be even more broke or he'd go to prison, loose his driver license and have a sht load of problems. He won't touch me either, cuz he realizes that I will call police and he'd go to prison.....and if I didn't write to police for week yet, then I would..

I CUT HIS TIRES

Yes it is a crime.

You are a scumbag and a punk

@logicallefty i get a talking to for being an azzhole but this guys talking about crimes and stabbing people. Nice.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You are a scumbag and a punk
I'm neither punk nor a btch. If I rolled with that guy's sht I'd be a punk and a btch.

All I did was puncture his tires after I got disrespected major time.

On the other hand he:

1. Shoulder bumped, dissed me major time in front of four other people. This kind of sht is not done in my society.
2. Talked sht.
3. Disrespected by not serving beer.
then
4. Buried his ass over phone with me, I have enough for phone bullying. It is an actual charge here, carries a sentence, either public work for up to 480 hours, or prison for up to 2 years, or public work for up to 2 years. It's serious.
mind you, this is after I told him ok I'll pay for your tires
5. He smokes weed. Just act of having THC in your blood is a crime. It's also major sht that will cost an arm and a leg and be on your record forever. Here people either bribe police, or go to prison. 3 years ago he bribed them by giving them his car.

I'm a scumbag? NO... I AM NOT.. There was initial exchange and disrespect, I decided to pay him, he acted like a btch. Before he acted like a btch there was no point 4 and 5 in the talk. Entire talk was, pay me money, or I will f you up.

I'm not a scambag, I just had enough of that sht.

Will I pay him 2nd half of his money? Probably yes. Will I carry out points 4 and 5? Probably no.

At this point I'm waay too amused by a fking owner of a cafe not being able to afford himself tires for less than $200. I'm laughing my ass off actually.

@Reyaj you can't fight. That's first and foremost. If you aren't fighter you can't fight.. Get over it.. Now this don't mean you should take crap from people who act all tough and sht. Because deep down inside they are weak. Tell me please, in my story. What will happen if that guy approaches me and punches me out? Obvious answer is that points 4 and 5 will be executed, and point 6 will be added to the list, assault.

Quit listening to people who say they will fck you up. Acts of violence have consequences, unless you are attacked and defending yourself. They are saying and acting tough because they are weak.

P.S. What kind of charge does puncturing tires carries? Basically nothing in position that I'm at. For the reasons listed above. Maximum I could be ordered to pay him. Which I already sort of did.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he absolutely insists on fighting, knee him in the nuts hard. Anyone who says it's "dirty" is just another white knight. Unless you've got a referee present.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
@backseatjuan messing with someone’s car is a biitch move no matter how you slice it. When he shoulder checked you, if you were a man you would have handled it right then and there. Instead you stab his tires and threaten to call the cops on him because he smokes weed LOL

you are a straight up punk. Also culturally i can tell your not even American. We operate under different standards. This is exactly what i meant when i mentioned an influx of autists and foreigners on these boards

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also trap his hands and head
If he absolutely insists on fighting, knee him in the nuts hard. Anyone who says it's "dirty" is just another white knight. Unless you've got a referee present.
yeah I wouldn't fight fair unless you're a Trained fighter (what I'm tryin to do), also trap the hands and headbutt (lethal and could get you in trouble these days, but you're not trained so..)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a mixed martial artist I cant tell you what you should do, but I can tell you that lacking proper technique, conditioning (mental and physical) and experience, its no longer about skills but violence and size.

If you expect any of us to tell you how to set up an attack verbally so you can repeat in real life, its not gonna happen cause it takes months of practice to master a proper technique let alone executing on an hostile opponent.

What I can tell you is to always protect yourself (your head especially) and if you have to fight, if you are forced to, then go as violent as possible since you cant expect any niceness and mercy for your opponent.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
No talking. Attack first. Instead of hitting face, hit neck. You hit, and then you move to the side of him, and continue hitting him in the side. From the side ear is a good target, again neck, ribs. Whatever is soft. Balls.

But I think telling him I will have you arrested will be enough to scare him away.

If you that afraid, get pepper spray, and spray him. Without his eyes work every soft part of body he has, starting with his balls and neck.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get in front of as many cameras and witnesses as possible, use non threatening body language, then whisper whatever insult it takes to get him to deck you. Take the fall. Then sue everybody. Hopefully you can get criminal charges against the guy, which makes it easier to get paid. If the fight was on private property like a bar, you may also sue their insurance, which is probably your easiest way to make money.

Then take the money you won by losing the fight, and buy a few years of martial arts lessons, so you don't have to go through all of this sh!t again.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
MMA bud. For me, again I've been in a fight or a dozen, so one gets better with experience.. You can attempt to throw a punch (punch in, not around), then pull back and sweep the leg (back of the knee). He will fall down. You then jump on top and just beat the fvck out of him until he yields. However, it's best to wait until he throws the first punch (and misses) so you can claim self-defense. I've been told more than once I've used excessive force. The only thing that saved me was self-defence. Never throw the first punch or kick.

Take some MMA classes to learn how to fight. Most don't know how to fight and just think life is like the Karate Kid. Be pinpoint on your target and fast. Fast beats power unless he also knows how to fight and actually can land a punch or kick. The point is to get him on the ground and then pumble him into submission. Once he yields, you've neutralized your opponent and you back away. The point is to defend yourself and neutralize your attacker; not hurt him beyond what is necessary.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd guess 90%+ of all guys really don't know how to fight. It's just nonsensical flailing so if you can throw some controlled punches you have a good chance.

Almost no one knows how to block or slip an uppercut and it's a deadly punch. Even if he's big he may not know how to fight. Go on the offensive immediately if he throws a punch (you have a right to defend yourself) and put him on the defensive. If it were me, and I box a lot, I would L jab, L jab, overhand R, duck, come up with a huge R uppercut on the jaw. That could end it. If you can quickly move behind him and put him in a rear naked choke you can end it too.

Just make sure he throws the first punch, grabs you, something physical in the event you do hurt him you were defending yourself.

Good luck.
I know how to throw some controlled punches, I'm thinking either jab cross or jab overhand. The overhand is a great punch for a shorter person punching a taller one. Unless your Mike Tyson though, the upper cut is more of a set up punch, probably not one I'd use. Definitely agree boxing is the best choice here.

Slip to the outside of him and then keep smashing elbows into his arms and shoulder. He can't hurt you if those big arms won't stay up.

Frankly never fight because you don't know when some idiot will pull a knife. it's not like the movies I would never take on a guy with a knife and I'm trained in knife fighting.
Elbow his arms and shoulder? Yes agree avoiding this is the best choice.

I'd do anything dirty I had to which includes groin striking and eye gouging.

As a mixed martial artist I cant tell you what you should do, but I can tell you that lacking proper technique, conditioning (mental and physical) and experience, its no longer about skills but violence and size.

If you expect any of us to tell you how to set up an attack verbally so you can repeat in real life, its not gonna happen cause it takes months of practice to master a proper technique let alone executing on an hostile opponent.

What I can tell you is to always protect yourself (your head especially) and if you have to fight, if you are forced to, then go as violent as possible since you cant expect any niceness and mercy for your opponent.
Sound advice, I agree. Do you think the advice in that video I posted above is good? I'm torn between if I should be covering up, trying to back away and protect myself or go on the offensive... I practice western boxing techniques for exercise, if I were to rage I see myself using those.

A lot of these video say this front push kick is a good to use but is that just to gain space or can I hurt my opponent with it? Seems like a waste of time if its creating space as I'm sure the person would take it as an attack and come at me.

No talking. Attack first. Instead of hitting face, hit neck. You hit, and then you move to the side of him, and continue hitting him in the side. From the side ear is a good target, again neck, ribs. Whatever is soft. Balls.

But I think telling him I will have you arrested will be enough to scare him away.

If you that afraid, get pepper spray, and spray him. Without his eyes work every soft part of body he has, starting with his balls and neck.
There is a big caveat to what you said... I don't want to post it yet though.

Get in front of as many cameras and witnesses as possible, use non threatening body language, then whisper whatever insult it takes to get him to deck you. Take the fall. Then sue everybody. Hopefully you can get criminal charges against the guy, which makes it easier to get paid. If the fight was on private property like a bar, you may also sue their insurance, which is probably your easiest way to make money.

Then take the money you won by losing the fight, and buy a few years of martial arts lessons, so you don't have to go through all of this sh!t again.
I was with your line of thinking on the first part of it, but if the goal is to take martial arts to win the fight rather than profit from it, why not just take them now?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA bud. For me, again I've been in a fight or a dozen, so one gets better with experience.. You can attempt to throw a punch (punch in, not around), then pull back and sweep the leg (back of the knee). He will fall down. You then jump on top and just beat the fvck out of him until he yields. However, it's best to wait until he throws the first punch (and misses) so you can claim self-defense. I've been told more than once I've used excessive force. The only thing that saved me was self-defence. Never throw the first punch or kick.

Take some MMA classes to learn how to fight. Most don't know how to fight and just think life is like the Karate Kid. Be pinpoint on your target and fast. Fast beats power unless he also knows how to fight and actually can land a punch or kick. The point is to get him on the ground and then pumble him into submission. Once he yields, you've neutralized your opponent and you back away. The point is to defend yourself and neutralize your attacker; not hurt him beyond what is necessary.
What do you think of that youtube video I first posted? My thinking is more towards what you are describing but that one seems to stay to keep distance. Being shorter don't I want to try and get inside instead of keeping distance?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if the goal is to take martial arts to win the fight rather than profit from it, why not just take them now?
If you were a d1 collegiate wrestler, I could get you ready enough to win an amateur mma match in about six months, but your striking will still be poor. That is a fight with rules and a ref against someone your own size. You are talking about a no rules fight against a larger opponent, and I'm going to guess that you are no d1 wrestler.

Watching youtube videos and thinking that will teach you how to fight will get you killed. It just doesnt work that way. It takes years of training from a good trainer. There is no substitute.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What do you think of that youtube video I first posted? My thinking is more towards what you are describing but that one seems to stay to keep distance. Being shorter don't I want to try and get inside instead of keeping distance?
Depends on your reach. My main goal is to get the dude on the ground or in a head and body lock then to the ground to submit. Do you know how to fight? Watching Youtube videos will not teach you how to fight. It's a mindset. Is there a real MMA place near where you live?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ even still, it would take months and months, the 1st months would be cardio and getting to where you're not getting gassed although most fights end in under 1 minute, not like MMA or boxing professionally. Just fight dirty as fvck if you can't run from the bigger guy. My boxing partner, because I'm big with man-strength I get paired with a 360 lb man just a couple years younger than me. I hold the pads for this fat fvck and I do NOT want to get hit by his boxing-gloved fist much less a bare-knucked uppercut (his strongest punch, he doesn't jab hard at all, but his hooks, uppercuts are hard for me to hold pads properly for him). He wants me to hold the pads close to my face and I'm like what if you miss man. He's like so what? I'm like fvck you! I'm keepin them here away from my face. I don't even wanna get grazed by that fat fvck.