Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

middle-aged and meeting the parents ?

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my 40s, and am wondering if there's middle-aged men that have had good experiences with meeting the parents :nervous: of a younger woman 18-24. Do any parents accept that you're the same age or older than them? Or do they give you a grilling or express their disapproval?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Mate, if a bird that young asks you to meet her parents and your 40 odd, please do you, her and her parents a favour.

Laugh, ask her if she's stoned then go back to eating your sandwich.

Or do they give you a grilling or express their disapproval?
Who gives a sh!t, dont put yourself in that position to begin with.

It's not like its one of those "but I want you to meet them, dont you care blah blah" things either. She deep down knows this is a temporary deal just as much as you. (sorry society pressure on her is too great, and there are other shiny things she's gonna want.)

She pulls that crap, you put it to bed quick smart. It's only a whim or a test or whatever anyway.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old is this bird?

If she is 18-20, I would be more concerned with you actually having anything in common and things to connect with somebody that young.

Don't worry about what the parents or anybody else will say. If you are too worried about that kind of stuff, you're not equiped to date younger women.

If she doesn't care, and if you don't mind, go ahead. If she is attracted to you, nothing they say will decrease that attraction for you.

Keep us updated.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck.

My last LTR was 21 when I met her. Had a great relationship for the better part of two years but being in between HER age and HER PARENTS age was always a dark cloud looming on the horizon.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually just asking if others have had any positive experiences with meeting the parents.

I'm not in that situation now, but was awhile ago, and may be in the future since I work at a college and most of the single women around here are under 25.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why would you want to meet hte parents?

why would she want you to meet them?

unless you are getting married i would think that she would be just as averse to the two of you meeting as you would be.

unless she gets off on p*ssing her dad off i don't see why she would want to bring you around.

i dont know too many parents that would be ok with their 18 year old daughter banging a 45 year old man.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
why would you want to meet hte parents?
I wouldn't.

why would she want you to meet them?

unless you are getting married i would think that she would be just as averse to the two of you meeting as you would be.

unless she gets off on p*ssing her dad off i don't see why she would want to bring you around.
I don't know, but some girls may like it because it's traditional.

i dont know too many parents that would be ok with their 18 year old daughter banging a 45 year old man.
Neither do I, but 18-24 is legally old enough that they don't really have a say in it if the daughter wants it.

Reaction score
Can it be an issue? Yes! But don't make it into one. If it is a relationship headed towards an marriage then it will be a concern to the parents ----- unless you have a lot of money/possessions!! If she is a hor who you are plucking, then who cares!!!!!!!!!!!

18 year old hors are the best hors on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who was 52, and his girlfriend was 16 (she was of legal age in that particular jurisdiction, and indeed under the ultimate jurisdiction of the long arm of USA law, which sets a worldwide age of consent of 16 for any USA citizen.) He said that he got along great with her parents, and they thought that he could straighten her out.

Of course, it all crashed and burned when she started cheating on him with some nowhere man in a band. I could definitely see how her parents felt that having a stable man like my friend would be preferable to any type of "suitably aged" man that she would bring home.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll never forget 25 years ago driving to Baltimore to spend the weekend with my gf at her house and meet her parents. I was so nervous I puked after dinner that Friday night. I remember every excruciating detail of that entire weekend.

I’m a lot less nervous now, actually completely unconcerned about it. So the few interactions I have had with younger women’s parents have been positive. Right now a girl I see who is younger is very open about what her mother says and has, surprisingly, a very good relationship with her mother (many young women don’t, you know). Her mother’s main, and only concern is that I treat her right. Simple as that.

WTF’s up with the “middle-aged” sh*t, I’m 48 and won’t be entering middle age for 12 more years.

You seriously need to divest yourself of this thinking of the masses regarding age

Accede to their paradigm and be trapped by it.

Build your own paradigm.

Be a man.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
FoolsCause said:
I'm in my 40s, and am wondering if there's middle-aged men that have had good experiences with meeting the parents :nervous: of a younger woman 18-24. Do any parents accept that you're the same age or older than them? Or do they give you a grilling or express their disapproval?
Is she on the "18" side of 18-24, or the "24" side of 18-24??

Either way...no, her parents aren't going to be happy. Unless it's getting close to ring-time, you shouldn't be meeting them anyway.

I always used to hate when my sister brought her boyfriend to family events. You're NOT part of the family yet. Unless you're considering being part of it (i.e. marriage), you have very little, if ANY, business with her folks.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
WTF’s up with the “middle-aged” sh*t, I’m 48 and won’t be entering middle age for 12 more years.

You seriously need to divest yourself of this thinking of the masses regarding age

Accede to their paradigm and be trapped by it.

Build your own paradigm.

Be a man.
I see what you're saying regarding the puritan herd mentality, but when I'm the same age as Al Bundy the term "middle-aged" is appropriate. We are still dying at near age 80 on average.

I don't look as old as Al Bundy though, and probably exercise a bit more.

I don't have a particular girl in mind right now. I was just asking about others experiences with this.

Regarding common interests, I don't really care unless we're getting married, and I'm not in a hurry to get married. I just want to "date", and have fun.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you must meet them, remain a DJ. I just had to meet my GF's (she's 9 years my junior) mother...

Needless to say, she tested me just as any woman would. One example, when she showed up there were flowers (a dozen roses in a vase) on the table. My gf was in another room changing. I had met the woman not five minutes before and she starts up with...

Mom: "These are pretty"
V: "They sure are, GF 'got them for me'." :p
Mom: "Huh?"
*akward pause on her end*

Mom: "Do you ever buy her flowers?"
V: "No."
Mom: "WHAT!"
V: "I don't care to, and more importantly, I don't need to: I have more important things to do with my money."
Mom: *authortitatively* "You really should buy flowers for a woman, they really enjoy it."
V: *looks at her as in 'how dare you tell me how to act', gets up from the table and goes into another room to do 'stuff' without saying a word, but not before burning a hole in the back of her head with my gaze*

My GF comes to me later, after the evening was over and her mother left, and confesses to me: "My mom thinks you're mad at her. She thinks you hate her."

V: "Oh yeah? Why's that?"
GF: "She was saying something about the flowers."
V: "Oh, that, well, she's got no business telling me how to act. Or for that matter, what you enjoy me doing. She's not me, and she's not you, but throughout the night she wanted to project her lifestyle/views/opinions/wishes/wants on us, as if they mattered. I think she was quite disrespectful, actually."

Needless to say, the next day, her mother was very ladylike, very respectful, and quite polite. She was seeking MY approval, not vice-versa. None of her crap was going to fly with me, and I would flat-out bust her sh¡t when she tried. She would talk to me like I was a teenager, and I would assert my manhood. She is, after all, a woman to be DJ'd like any other. I can't even tell you how many statements were met with a "you've got to be kidding" look from me.

As for the father, well, guys are guys. But, you'll likely encounter the same sh¡t tests from a feminized father as you would the mother. The response should be the same: be a man and don't take crap.

Go into it with a mindset as such: "You parents had BETTER like me, because your daughter does, and YOU are going to have to deal with that."

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there done this. It's not that bad. The parents are immediately going to assume you've got perv designs on their daughter. You can deflect those negative assumptions by being RESPECTFUL, speaking well, and not making an ass of yourself. This is probably the one time when you don't want to play the part of a master DJ. LISTEN and think BEFORE you open your mouth. They're not going to be overt and say "What are you doing with my daughter." They're going to be watching you very closely. C&F ain't going to work for you here.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FoolsCause said:
To be honest, I think it really depends on how much money you make. If you make a million bucks a year, you can bet that the parents will be pushing their 20 year old daughter on you.. Such is life. LOL.