Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Michelob Ultra: any thoughts?

karmavsDogma

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like partying with my friends on the weekends. It's fun, and it's a great way to meet women. But now that I'm starting to get more serious about my health and appearance, I'm trying to find ways to lose the beer gut. So I've seen this ad campaign for Micehlob Ultra, and I was wondering if any of you have tried it. I'm all for a low-carb beer, as long as there's still at least a hint of beer taste in it. But if it's worse than hot Natty Light, I'll stick with tall pints of Boddington's and put some more time in at the gym to make up for it. I didn't see any posts on this in the forum, but I may have missed something. Any input?

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it has less carbs, it will be better, relatively speaking. However, any form of alcohol is going to hinder your progress in achieving a better body.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like instead of eating that cake, you eat only a little cake. It can only hurt. Plus it's like 4 proof. Just take some vodka shots for a low-cal buzz.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many carbs are in it? Three? Look at miller lite or any lite beer and there are only 5-6 carbs anyway. I think its GREAT marketing for all the idiots who think they can eat as much as they want and not get fat, as long as they dont eat carbs.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest drinking Guinness. Contrary to what many might guess, Guinness is fairly low alcohol and is low calorie.

And for all those DJ's (normally the US ones) that drink Bud Light, Miller Light or similar garbage you should try some other beers this year. Expand your horizons.

The only reason Bud Light is the best selling beer in the US is because of the tons of advertising it gets.

Bud Light is one of the worse tasting beers and any of the Anheuser-Busch group of beers seems to give the worst hangovers.

I drink Guinness, Sam Adams and Warsteiner Dunkel on a regular basis.

I have tried over 300 types of beer.

But I need to take a break from it!

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rolling Rock is good. I like that.

You guys are right, beer is bad for the health. I drink occassionally.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god, rolling rock is the nastiest goddamn beer I've ever had. It goes down like a handful of nails.

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best beers are Grolsch Summer Blond, Hacker-Pschorr Weiss, and Guinness.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tryin to Grow a Chin
The best beers are Grolsch Summer Blond, Hacker-Pschorr Weiss, and Guinness.
I aced my final speech in speech class in college on the brewing process of beer, complete with a demonstration of fermenting beer. I am the beer king.

You must not have ever had the pleasure of partaking in a Palm Beach Blonde, a Road Dog Pale Ale, or a Great Lakes Brewing Company IPA.

I tried the PB Blonde at the Beer Festival At Universal Studios a year ago. Absolutely phenomenal! Too bad it hasn't gained the popularity to increase distribution...haven't seen it in the stores yet.

The Great Lakes IPA I picked up on a biz trip to Ohio. Can't get it here either.

The Road Dog can be found readily.

Big River Brewing makes some damn fine brews, but they don't bottle. Good thing there is one within driving distance.

If you like Weiss beers Julius Echter, Oberdorfer, and Road Dog are better than the Hacker (although I have yet to try a bad wheat beer).

And Guiness has its place, but try Anchor Porter, and Samuel Smiths Oatmeal stout (YUM!)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Pale ale? I thought that was when you nutted into somebody's beer cup.
Not the kind I drink.

karmavsDogma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for this input. I tried the Michelob Ultra. It's not without it's charms, but yeah, it's a marketing tool, nothing else. I'm sticking with Boddington's or Harp.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Michelob Ultra yet, but having tried hundreds of different beers, I am quite sure it can't have much flavor.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The marketing ads are a riot... one shows this fitness model gal in B&W hunkered over doing a bent-over row, along with a picture of the beer...

like, Im just going to kick the post-workout shake and switch to Michelob Ultra or something

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't laugh, I'm working on a high protein beer.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A pint is 210 calories? I thought it was less than that.

Oh well. I love the stuff.