I'm a junior and I have missed oppurtunities durign the most important times: the first days of school. That's when the new freshman and sophmores that like older dudes (which is now me) come in and I blew it. I only talked to one girl and I only talked to her twice and she hooked up with another junior in like the second week of school!
And my school is small. There are 130 freshman and about 70-80 of them are girls. A lot of them hooked up with people mad quick and now I don't know what to do. If I would have started talking to them during the first week, I could have started a conversation with stuff like "are you new?" and "how do you like it here?" but I don't think those will do that good now.
I have a problem approaching girls. It just feels awkward talking to someone I don't know out of nowhere. It's easier for me when there is a real reason behind it. For example, I saw someone who goes to my church and we starting talking and I made her laugh a LOT and stuff. I know if I can start a good convo, it's smooth sailing from there, but how do I start it up?
Alsom what do I do after the initial introduction. One girl I talked to on the first day, learned her name, got some good responses, so then I approached her again a few days later and now when I pass her we don't even look at eachother. I feel like if I keep approaching her to talk to her, it'll look desperate and now it would feel awkward talking to her since I haven't talked to her in a while. I need help
.
Basically, I just want to know if I'm basically screwed this year and will have to wait for the next batch of newbies next year because I failed to make contacts the first few days of school or can I still mack the new girls? If so, what should I do? Act like it's the first few days and do what I should have done: just go around introducing myself and making contact or do I need a different approach for the situation?
And my school is small. There are 130 freshman and about 70-80 of them are girls. A lot of them hooked up with people mad quick and now I don't know what to do. If I would have started talking to them during the first week, I could have started a conversation with stuff like "are you new?" and "how do you like it here?" but I don't think those will do that good now.
I have a problem approaching girls. It just feels awkward talking to someone I don't know out of nowhere. It's easier for me when there is a real reason behind it. For example, I saw someone who goes to my church and we starting talking and I made her laugh a LOT and stuff. I know if I can start a good convo, it's smooth sailing from there, but how do I start it up?
Alsom what do I do after the initial introduction. One girl I talked to on the first day, learned her name, got some good responses, so then I approached her again a few days later and now when I pass her we don't even look at eachother. I feel like if I keep approaching her to talk to her, it'll look desperate and now it would feel awkward talking to her since I haven't talked to her in a while. I need help
Basically, I just want to know if I'm basically screwed this year and will have to wait for the next batch of newbies next year because I failed to make contacts the first few days of school or can I still mack the new girls? If so, what should I do? Act like it's the first few days and do what I should have done: just go around introducing myself and making contact or do I need a different approach for the situation?