Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Merry Christmas!!!! Political Correctness hits a new low

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, I knew all about what that meant at 5th grade, but you know what, I didn't really care.

comic_relief

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PC sucks!

Check this out

November 2007

In an effort to avoid the use of the term "Christmas tree," Lowe's has renamed their Christmas trees and are now calling them "Family trees."

In their Holiday 2007 catalog, containing 56 pages of Christmas gifts, Lowe's advertises hundreds of gift items, including scores of "Family trees." In fact, the word "Christmas" only appears two times in the entire holiday catalog. The ads mentioning "Christmas cover only 12 square inches of the 5236 square inches available.

Lowe's even has one of their Family trees turned upside down on a stand. We are not sure what the significance of that is.

Lowe's evidently did not want to offend any non-Christians, therefore they replaced "Christmas tree" with "Family tree." Of course, if Christians are offended that is evidently ok.

An on-line search of Lowe's does reference some "Christmas" items. In fact, a word search of their Web site gives the exact same number 174 of the word "Christmas" as it does the word "holiday." Most of the items mentioning Christmas appear to use the promotional line given by the manufacturer.

Their Holiday 2007 catalog features scores of products, including lights, wreaths, trees, and yard decorations. Most people would associate these items with Christmas, but not Lowe's! Except for two obscure references, they refer to everything in their catalog as "holiday."
There's more about this in the link.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironically, Christmas is mostly watered-down ancient Pagan rituals and symbolism. It was placed at Dec 25th to overshadow the winter solstice ceremonies, which were on Dec 23rd, the shortest day of the year. By all evidence, Jesus was not born anywhere near December.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the irony. Next thing you know you'll be telling me that having bunnies and eggs on Easter is connected to spring fertility rites! The mind boggles.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Ironically, Christmas is mostly watered-down ancient Pagan rituals and symbolism. It was placed at Dec 25th to overshadow the winter solstice ceremonies, which were on Dec 23rd, the shortest day of the year. By all evidence, Jesus was not born anywhere near December.
I just remembered that. Christmas was placed where it is to cover up the winter solstice. I think history says that Jesus was born around August or September.

Christmas as it is now is a commercial joke of a holiday. IMO Christmas should be changed to X-Mas and there should be a "Jesus day" that is recognized by the church and government.