"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Mentoring

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Bs.As.
Hello.
I have been doing some thinking, and I rememebered something that was tried a while ago (I think, I MIGHT be a little confused :p ), but I dont remember if it was succesful or not.

Well, the idea was that an experienced DJ helped personally (well, not PERSONALLY, but through private messages, MSN, AOL IM and that stuff) an AFC who wants to change, but con´t do it.

So, I figured that this was the only way I could get some improvement done, that is, with someone experienced behind my back pushing me, and giving me advice.

I know that this is the chicken way of doing things, but, hey! I AM a chicken! :D

Well, my idea is: 5 AFC´s (inluding myself) make a post saying that they want and need help, and everyone gets help by a willing master DJ (at least).

Why only 5? Well, this is a tryout, and with such a low number, we can see if this does or doesnt work. If it does, then, It can be done again, on a greater scale, and if it doesnt, well, bad luck.

So: If you are an AFC that needs help, post it here! And, if you are a Master or Senior (or a mod :D ) and want to give something back to the site, send the AFC a PM, and start helping us!

Well, I have nothing else to say but this: Sorry about the crappy english! I try to do what I can!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Calgary, Can
That's an interesting idea, but the fact is that throughout this site is more information about DJ'ing than most ppl will need to start on the path.

If you read the posts, and actually act on them, they can be your mentor.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Originally posted by Anaxibios
That's an interesting idea, but the fact is that throughout this site is more information about DJ'ing than most ppl will need to start on the path.

If you read the posts, and actually act on them, they can be your mentor.
A mentor is more than someone who gives you information. They are there to inspire you, to push you, to lead you where your own personal leadership is lacking, atleast at first.

It's a good idea, and I guess a true DJ would relish the opportunity to help someone if they were truely committed to the job.

No DJ Mentor is going to waste his time though on someone who hasn't, read the bilbe, scoured the forum and hasn't a million intelligent questions to ask.
 

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunny Florida
Also, you'd have to think that part of the process would be you'd have to show that you were actually motivated, and dedicated to change. So, perhaps you show that dedication by approaching 10 women, and recording it. That in and of itself should be enough to get you over the hump.

I like the idea however. Good luck finding your mentor/master DJ.

Romeo
 
Top