"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Mental toughness or standing up for yourself

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
When people say things that are negative about me or my family, I do not take it personally. I don't think i even take it at all because i just don't care.

Is this a good thing (because i've heard it's great to have mental toughness) or should i stand up for myself if confronted just for the sake of it (even though it will never bother me)?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
bump

I'm having trouble dealing with jackasses. Usually I just ignore them, but that gets old and is being less satisfying than burning them bad. help us. ty.

Mentle toughness is good...but if you never defend yourself or your family, people will see you as someone without any dignity.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I get the **** up and speak my mind. Then you will see them pussies cowering back like little girls. Some1 actually kept standing up to me once but in the end My mental toughness was superior to his. Never got in a fight for this. Don't let anybody disrespect you ever. Get the **** up, go over there and shove some respect up his ass be it with words or with your foot.
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Yeah, bud...If someone's dissing you or your family and you just sit there and "take" it, then they're probably going to think you're too big of a pvssy to say anything back.

If they're joking (like the classic "your mom" jokes or whatever) then obviously its not such a big deal. Just give a comeback :)

If the person is serious though, you might have to knock 'em the fvck out.
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by CableLight
If the person is serious though, you might have to knock 'em the fvck out.
Two times.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Yea guys. I'm a cool guy with LOTS of friends. Sometimes a jackass pops up but my friends literally kill him. I feel like a pvssy for not fighting my own fights. Thing is...I've got no comebacks...I've got dignity, and I speak my mind, but people (ones i know) don't seem to respond to logic. Its the louder ******* that wins.
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Comebacks take a long time to learn. Probably all the insults directed at me are now done so in a nonoffensive manner, by friends, so if I can't think of anything it doesn't really manner, because they're my friends, and they're messing with me. If I do think of something, it's usually pretty rewarding because everyone observing will say, all at once, "buuuuurn." Then we'll laugh and it'll be over.

The trick is to learn from guys who have quick tongues, and sharp wits. People you see daily, and people you don't--like, for example, Winston Churchill.

Here are some of the comebacks I could find:

to Liverpool socialist MP Bessie Braddock, who told him, "Winston, you're drunk.":
Bessie, you're ugly. And tomorrow morning I'll be sober, but you'll still be ugly.

upon being told, "Must you fall asleep while I'm speaking?":
No, it's purely voluntary.

upon being told by Lady Astor, "If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea.":
If I were your husband, I'd drink it!

upon being informed by a fellow Member of Parliament that his fly was open:
It is of no account; after all, the old bird does not fly far from his nest.

From http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/speaker.asp?speaker=Sir+Winston+Churchill

The guy was also an amazing public speaker, but that's another post...
 
Top