Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men's protective instinct

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair point,but I think it’s within a man’s natural imperative to protect,as much as it is a woman’s to seek protection from the nearest man in a dangerous situation.It is masculine to be able to protect,it is weak to be unable to.That’s one reason why girls like strong guys,beyond it being attractive and being indicative of good genes,it also suggests elevated capacity for protection. I don’t think it’s a bribe,but a part of a quality package deal,like how women are expected to be submissive and feminine.The issue is wasting this capacity on unworthy women,or women just leading you on.Now that is beta.
They lead men on for this to bleed and drink of his masculinity. I think somehow it empowers them, and the male who is devalued will lose the feeling of "strength".

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is not synonymous with disrespect.
Love is practically level 4 of a serious relationship.
It takes quite a while to get to that point, because that's the deep end of the ocean.

Most people catch early signs of disrespect at Level 2. That's when the relationship is the most shallow.
2 comes before 4, so when signs of disrespect happens early, it's impossible to fall in love and reach level 4.

If you catch disrespect from anyone at Level 1, they become your enemy arch-nemesis.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is not synonymous with disrespect.
Love is practically level 4 of a serious relationship.
It takes quite a while to get to that point, because that's the deep end of the ocean.

Most people catch early signs of disrespect at Level 2. That's when the relationship is the most shallow.
2 comes before 4, so when signs of disrespect happens early, it's impossible to fall in love and reach level 4.

If you catch disrespect from anyone at Level 1, they become your enemy arch-nemesis.
Would you be able to identify and list the various factors of each level of respect/disrespect?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe we have a protective instinct, I believe our instincts are not rooted in consciousness.

I firmly believe we attempt to protect in order to establish hierarchy, that being, your protection is going to place you farther up the hierarchy than those who simply exist within it... People are also complex, we belong to and operate within many different hierarchies sometimes at the same time and to each hierarchy we are typically something different or provide to a various degree.

Then, you have the men who provide everything they have into a single hierarchy and so a relationship between this man and the protectors need to be established... I don't think I need to beat the dead horse here, but protection is always going to be above resource.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's be real here. If some guy is disrespecting your wife, he's disrespecting you. Are you going to stand by and let him beat her up? That would make you his little b!tch, and a few other worse things besides.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe we have a protective instinct, I believe our instincts are not rooted in consciousness.

I firmly believe we attempt to protect in order to establish hierarchy, that being, your protection is going to place you farther up the hierarchy than those who simply exist within it... People are also complex, we belong to and operate within many different hierarchies sometimes at the same time and to each hierarchy we are typically something different or provide to a various degree.

Then, you have the men who provide everything they have into a single hierarchy and so a relationship between this man and the protectors need to be established... I don't think I need to beat the dead horse here, but protection is always going to be above resource.
that's interesting. so by default, the protector is the highest level. like a family org

isn't there also an instinct to protect that is biology driven. you know.. taking a bullet for a son or daughter or running into a burning car to pull out a woman.

two sorts of protection perhaps
--

now days I often travel with a small crew. a couple of them are much better at dealing with hand to hand than I am but I also take care of them. I look at it more as symbiotic, I can replace them but I don't and they know I won't unless they do the wrong things. from an outsider's view is it them or I that is up the hierarchy..

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's interesting. so by default, the protector is the highest level. like a family org

isn't there also an instinct to protect that is biology driven. you know.. taking a bullet for a son or daughter or running into a burning car to pull out a woman.

two sorts of protection perhaps
--

now days I often travel with a small crew. a couple of them are much better at dealing with hand to hand than I am but I also take care of them. I look at it more as symbiotic, I can replace them but I don't and they know I won't unless they do the wrong things. from an outsider's view is it them or I that is up the hierarchy..
Obviously the parent dynamic is going to be different, a woman's brain undergoes a physical change when she gives birth, so the values of the hierarchy are at some point going to shift massively based on if there are children and the women will lead that change, all we do is respond to it... A hunter both protects and resources, attractive!

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to touch on a subject relating to men's need to care for and protect the person he loves. (Love in this sense, meaning wanting good things for / care for / protect someone else).

This is an instinct men have, that women don't have for men. And men actually receive pleasure in doing this. It's almost the same way women receive pleasure from caring for her baby. It aligns with the biblical structure of men being the head, then the woman, then the children, and the loves flows downwards.

After reading the book from Rollo Tomassi The rational male - Religion. He states that for men to naturally be caring, self-sacrificing and protective, the woman needs to be submissive aswell. And that comes natural for women if she respects him.

Rollo also states that the goal of the red pill is to decrease this natural response of protection and caring in men, in response to women being taught by feminism, not to be submissive, not respect and not to follow the lead of the man. Which goes against their nature aswell. As a woman will naturally be submissive to a man she respects.

My question is this, why would we seek out relationships where both parties have to fight against their own natures? For me, that is succumbing to the flawed, backwards, modern world.

There's two approaches to this. If you're with a woman who doesn't respect you (Why would you?). Then don't be overly protective towards her.

If you find someone who respect you, and listens to you, etc. Then don't fight the natural feeling of being protective and loving towards her, since we derive pleasure from it.

Thoughts on this?
Indeed a great unique post.

There is a natural balance pre-existing modern society between males and females. Unfortunately, that balance is way off for various reasons most of us already know and are aware of. We have females with masculine energies and tendencies and males with feminine energies and tendencies. It is backward, what you end up with is a loss of respect and genuine attraction. A deadly combination in intergender dynamics.

It is true that for men to have a genuine desire to protect, they must feel respected and valued. Neither which most men get to sense.

That being said, it is in our deep-down nature to protect and provide. Again, this goes back far, far back. This is just the way of humanity for thousands of years. But back then, we had very clear, outlined, and defined tribal/community roles. That true nature still exists, however, it is often abused, unappreciated, and/or unexisting.

A healthy level of submissiveness from a woman can bring the best in you. But that comes from having clear and high standards and more importantly knowing our worth. All of which, most men have no clue about, and therefore completing a vicious cycle.

Modern Man Advice

Reaction score
"My question is this, why would we seek out relationships where both parties have to fight against their own natures? For me, that is succumbing to the flawed, backwards, modern world."

Here's the thing: it's not BAD to have this feeling of wanting to protect a woman. However, you can't go out with a woman on a first date and start showing that kind of instinct on a high level. She hasn't earned it, and you haven't spent enough time with her to know if she's worth being with in the long term and providing that kind of service. Women don't tend to respect men that are doing relationship-style things for her when she's not in a relationship with them yet. You show bits and pieces of it during the dating phase (i.e. walking on the outside of the curb, opening her door for her, holding her hand) but some of the more intense stuff you save for once she's agreed to a relationship.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
isn't there also an instinct to protect that is biology driven.
It's definitely instinctive to be protective of women. Supposedly the shape and size of women's faces are supposed to be somewhat childlike, and this sets off the man's urge to protect the woman as well as the children. To say nothing of their smaller stature.

There is a natural balance pre-existing modern society between males and females. Unfortunately, that balance is way off for various reasons most of us already know and are aware of. We have females with masculine energies and tendencies and males with feminine energies and tendencies.
Unfortunately, our current effed up culture encourages us to continue to mix up our genders and masculine and female tendencies.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What about in animals?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about in animals?
Animals operate on the same survival instincts we do, their body does something related to survival, their brain sends a positive response, the difference is they don't really have a conscious choice to interface with these survival instincts that we do, like a bear can't reason that if it takes food from a human its going to associate them with food and ultimately be a threat to them and as a result must be put down, it can only see as far as the food.

So I mean, an animal is as likely to eat their young as to care for them, especially when you involve the male animals

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I mean, an animal is as likely to eat their young as to care for them, especially when you involve the male animals
Interesting, when you consider that in humans, the female seems the one more likely to kill their children, especially if you count abortion. That may just be a modern world thing though, wouldn't surprise me.

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's be real here. If some guy is disrespecting your wife, he's disrespecting you. Are you going to stand by and let him beat her up? That would make you his little b!tch, and a few other worse things besides.
But.......if your wife (or girlfriend) is mouthing off to someone, and then running and hiding behind you (or their fellow protesters) for protection.....women sometimes need to suffer the consequences of their actions. Karens need to fail....

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But.......if your wife (or girlfriend) is mouthing off to someone, and then running and hiding behind you (or their fellow protesters) for protection.....women sometimes need to suffer the consequences of their actions. Karens need to fail....
In that situation you need to man up and ask "what the h3ll are you doing?", but many of them get with a guy whose a "fighter" and/or easily manipulated and they pull that stunt for their entertainment.