Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mens Beauty

SH03C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brethren,

Lately I’ve noticed an immense amount of marketing for mens beauty products or mens makeup. This seems it could be a new fad or rather just a money maker for some. I’m curious to know everyone’s stance is on using such products to improve appearance. Are there some who have long used these products to gain an upper hand or reduce the appearance of aging? Are we now finding our male counterparts becoming increasingly more desperate/competitive?

Personally, I’m 35 and often hear I look 25. I have never used these products but recently considered finding something to minimize the appearance of a nasolabial fold. Though I am hesitant bc in the event product became noticeable it would be a tough to regain frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. This kind of thing makes you look very insecure if you are found out by the woman that you are using it. You can do things to age more gracefully -- principally exercise -- but certain things are going to happen as you age. Wrinkles are one them. Hair thinning is another (for most men). I am also 35 and my hair has gotten a little thinner but I have otherwise remained in great shape and mostly wrinkle free. I pull women now better than I ever have at any other point in my life, including when I was younger and more muscular with a very full head of hair.

Confidence is the main thing. As an older man with a more seasoned look you can command a room. A guy in his 20s can't do that. Embrace your more seasoned look and don't go for these type of gimmick products.

SH03C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men's beauty products are incredibly gay. As for your issue, there are some peptide creams that may help conceal it.
Appreciate that. Considered dropping 700 on a filler treatment but decided to find alternatives.

SH03C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. This kind of thing makes you look very insecure if you are found out by the woman that you are using it. You can do things to age more gracefully -- principally exercise -- but certain things are going to happen as you age. Wrinkles are one them. Hair thinning is another (for most men). I am also 35 and my hair has gotten a little thinner but I have otherwise remained in great shape and mostly wrinkle free. I pull women now better than I ever have at any other point in my life, including when I was younger and more muscular with a very full head of hair.

Confidence is the main thing. As an older man with a more seasoned look you can command a room. A guy in his 20s can't do that. Embrace your more seasoned look and don't go for these type of gimmick products.
Wasn’t considering on purchasing for myself but wanted to understand how popular these products may or may not be among men today. Def seems a bit simpish, and would be quite detrimental to any approach/game if a female takes notice.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makeup is just another attempt to feminize men.
Don’t smoke, eat well and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun - you’ll age well.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brethren,

Lately I’ve noticed an immense amount of marketing for mens beauty products or mens makeup. This seems it could be a new fad or rather just a money maker for some. I’m curious to know everyone’s stance is on using such products to improve appearance. Are there some who have long used these products to gain an upper hand or reduce the appearance of aging? Are we now finding our male counterparts becoming increasingly more desperate/competitive?

Personally, I’m 35 and often hear I look 25. I have never used these products but recently considered finding something to minimize the appearance of a nasolabial fold. Though I am hesitant bc in the event product became noticeable it would be a tough to regain frame.
lol..make sure you panties match you bra to.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men don't need beauty products but they DO need to take a shower before their date, wear deodorant, keep their fingernails trimmed, etc. You'd be amazed how many women ##### about grown a$$ men that don't understand the basics of personal hygiene.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m outdoors and on the water regularly, so I put on a little sunscreen and take an astaxanthin supplement nearly every day.

There are brands that go on clear and are barely noticeable. SolRx is excellent and tested to be effective for 8 hours.

Women are sometimes surprised when I tell them my age.

Honestly, the more poon I get, the more I buy grooming products.

I don’t think I would ever wear make up though.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skin products are important, getting good lotions that don't smell like a chick is important. Good soap and shampoo that doesn't hurt your hair and skin is also important. What you use depends on your skin type I use Lumin it's virtually odorless and also includes SPF protection. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Watch your diet, that has more to do with how your skin looks more than anything else. Smoking and drinking fvcks up your skin too. Nicotine constricts capillaries and limits blood flow to skin. Alcohol also damages your capillaries, and dermatologist worth their salt can spot a heavy drinker just looking at a patient's face.

Makeup is fine if you are an actor, are going to be on TV under lights, or if you are getting professional photos taken, otherwise it's not a good look for a man.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol..make sure you panties match you bra to.
Move over Einstein and Chris Rock, Smok1nAce is town and his grasp of the English language is on par with his wit.
Sarcasm aside, I'd suggest that you find new material, learn about proper usage of an adverb, preposition and a homonym.
No charge for the advice.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm into good lotion. Lately my Daughter sets me up with the good stuff, currently "Josie Maran" it's some kind of body butter. Also an eye-oil, a little mini roller. Sunscreen if I'm out having fun. But its a once only thing. I do not have the patience to reapply anything (powder my nose) after I'm off & running.

More important is hygiene, personal care. Hands and nails are very crucial, if you're sitting next to a potential girlfriend she's sizing you up. You should be able to run a silk scarf over your hands with no snags. She knows where your hands are going. Pro-tip, ask the girls for stuff, they normally have a stockpile of Surplus ammo. No makeup for me.