Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men who get jealous possessive of their woman

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never really understood it.

As we know: Men (single men).....We are opportunists. As it has been said, we "cast a wide net"(like a fisherman) when we are out an about (E.g. mall, bar, class, gym) and will try and establish eye contact with just about any female we find moderately attractive. We do this to see what "fish" bite back.

You can guarantee any female that is at least a "6" or "5.5" (somewhat cute) is on the mind of some male somewhere and getting "hit on", flirted with, etc.

My point; men have to accept this instead of getting jealous/possessive of it. (E.g. My girl is for my eyes only nonsense). The only way to avoid this is not to date at all or get yourself an physically unattractive woman. (both not good options)

You are fighting a losing battle, accept it!

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women also detest jealous men. Jealousy shoes them that the man doesn't have options. Men with options don't get jealous
True and maybe these men also have "control" issues (not just with women, but other aspects in their lives). They have to control every situation, which we know is impossible in life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

As we know: Men (single men).....We are opportunists. As it has been said, we "cast a wide net"(like a fisherman) when we are out an about (E.g. mall, bar, class, gym) and will try and establish eye contact with just about any female we find moderately attractive. We do this to see what "fish" bite back.

You can guarantee any female that is at least a "6" or "5.5" (somewhat cute) is on the mind of some male somewhere and getting "hit on", flirted with, etc.

My point; men have to accept this instead of getting jealous/possessive of it. (E.g. My girl is for my eyes only nonsense). The only way to avoid this is not to date at all or get yourself an physically unattractive woman. (both not good options)

If she wants you more than you want her then it's not a losing battle.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men with options don't get jealous
Very true...
The most important thing to a happy, healthy life. Try to become outcome independent with EVERYTHING, not just women. It's when you become outcome dependent where your emotions get tied up and stress levels affect your health(mental/physical) and you constantly have a vise around your balls that get tighter and tighter until you reach a boiling point.
The one thing this doesn't apply to is your family. Family is family and everyone should be able to depend on one another but obviously this is idealistic at best.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's built into our nature to protect our investments, including our women. It's easier to not give a fvck if you're banging a piece of trash, but you're going to become protective when it comes to a woman you want to keep around. It's not insecurity, it's being territorial. How you handle it will show if you're insecure or confident.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's built into our nature to protect our investments, including our women. It's easier to not give a fvck if you're banging a piece of trash, but you're going to become protective when it comes to a woman you want to keep around. It's not insecurity, it's being territorial. How you handle it will show if you're insecure or confident.
Some of the "normal" ways of handling it are getting shamed.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First people who say stupid cliche sh*t like 'just move on bro' or 'an ex is an ex for a reason' or 'people who get jealous don't have options' have never truly been in love or loved (many people here unfortunately) and that's sad.

Having said that if you're with a good looking woman yes she will get the looks even when you're with them, nothing to be jealous about there unless some guy blatantly tries to disrespect her or me then it's asking for trouble and they will get it. However, what she does with the attention from other men is absolutely important. I've seen women who will not even acknowledge the presence of another man and I've seen women who will try to make her man jealous or invite more attention. You can tell which kind are quality women. Similarly, quality guys don't hit on a woman who's clearly with someone. I steer clear, plenty of single women out there, no need to be so thirsty and desperate to invite drama into your life, besides if she's interested in you while with her man don't be surprised she leaves you the same way. Be a quality man and seek quality women.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t do something to make me jealous and I won’t get jealous. If a woman wants to play that game to manipulate jealousy from me then she’s going to lose.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First people who say stupid cliche sh*t like 'just move on bro' or 'an ex is an ex for a reason' or 'people who get jealous don't have options' have never truly been in love or loved (many people here unfortunately) and that's sad.

Having said that if you're with a good looking woman yes she will get the looks even when you're with them, nothing to be jealous about there unless some guy blatantly tries to disrespect her or me then it's asking for trouble and they will get it. However, what she does with the attention from other men is absolutely important. I've seen women who will not even acknowledge the presence of another man and I've seen women who will try to make her man jealous or invite more attention. You can tell which kind are quality women. Similarly, quality guys don't hit on a woman who's clearly with someone. I steer clear, plenty of single women out there, no need to be so thirsty and desperate to invite drama into your life, besides if she's interested in you while with her man don't be surprised she leaves you the same way. Be a quality man and seek quality women.
Good work. This is all covered under "self respect" and "taking care of ourselves".

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but a woman is a human being, not an investment or piece of property.

Well, I guess I was more referring to guys who get jealous/angry when other men look at their woman or just talk to them in a non-flirty way.

For example, I was at my gym and saw a co-worker (cute) on the treadmill and I was standing ten feet away talking to her. Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy looking at me real pissed off. It turned out to be her husband. It was just a normal conversation.

I remember when I was 17 or 18 I was sitting in my car at a local convenience store in the summer. A very attractive young woman was walking at my 11 o'clock towards the door and I followed her with my eyes. Then I hear a voice "Were you just staring/looking at my girlfriend bro"? It was some juice head and I think I just responded "no"

However, yes I can see the jealousy if some guy blatantly hits on your girl in front of you or you come back from the bathroom and some guy is talking to your girl. In the latter situation, I can maybe see feeling a little jealous.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Well, I guess I was more referring to guys who get jealous/angry when other men look at their woman or just talk to them in a non-flirty way.

For example, I was at my gym and saw a co-worker (cute) on the treadmill and I was standing ten feet away talking to her. Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy looking at me real pissed off. It turned out to be her husband. It was just a normal conversation.

I remember when I was 17 or 18 I was sitting in my car at a local convenience store in the summer. A very attractive young woman was walking at my 11 o'clock towards the door and I followed her with my eyes. Then I hear a voice "Were you just staring/looking at my girlfriend bro"? It was some juice head and I think I just responded "no"

However, yes I can see the jealousy if some guy blatantly hits on your girl in front of you or you come back from the bathroom and some guy is talking to your girl. In the latter situation, I can maybe see feeling a little jealous.
It's the females job to not encourage the disrespectful attention.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t do something to make me jealous and I won’t get jealous. If a woman wants to play that game to manipulate jealousy from me then she’s going to lose.
What are some typical scenarios and what are your counters?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This would be an insecurity on her man's behalf. Now if the guy looked at her with a certain look as if she was a piece of meat or staring and he KNOWS she is with a guy, then it would be considered to be disrespectful. There are certain job titles within our society, where a guy might behave this way intentionally, because he knows his repurcussions are low.

Is he in the right, or is he in the wrong? And are you in the right to "triangulate" the husband who may be on an island by himself, because she encourages a bunch of flirting type attention?

Now you do know some of the guys are "instigators", and they will do these looks or actions, knowing you are right there to start something... Usually an "instigator" is not by himself, he is with a guy or a group...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not too many females know this and refuse to listen to their 'sisters' who try to caution this.
They have been SPOILED. There used to be a day when any descent women KNEW this instinctively. Actually they knew it was disrespecting themselves to allow this sort of attention, when they have a man...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some typical scenarios and what are your counters?
Triangulation (Cluster B’s do this). Experience taught me to see it for what it was and to get the hell away. The only way to recognize a girl that’s cluster B is to date one and be put through the ringer. You’ll learn and never forget but it’ll be a hard lesson.

Another example is you’re out with your girl at a bar or club (this is why I don’t do bars and clubs) and several things can happen. 1) you leave to go to the bathroom and come back to find a dude talking to your girl. 2) you’re sitting there with her minding your own business when a drink is sent over to her that you didn’t order and neither did she. Depending on the drink, I’ll drink it or refuse it. If she insists on drinking it, you better get it in your mind that’s the last night you’re going to see her because that’s the ultimate disrespect. 3) you’re sitting there with her and a random dude (or dudes) come over to “join you and attempt to be your friend)”. This is usually low class dudes and you have to handle this carefully or you’ll end up in a fight or look like an ass. I’ve only experienced this once when I was younger but what I did was take her and go on the dance floor or say “come on let’s get out of here and go somewhere else”.