Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Men are dumb"

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good article, faces a very real issue. Not a new one by any means, but it's been escalating recently.

http://au.askmen.com/daily/austin_60/65_fashion_style.html

People picket everything. If someone kills a rat in a movie, members of PETA will be outside ready to bark. If a TV ad depicts a woman as helpless, feminists worldwide will gather and boycott the product the ad is endorsing. If any visible minority is stereotyped, you know that the relevant community will take issue. And don't even get me started on what happens if you crack a gay joke -- but all this raises a question: Who defends heterosexual men when they are depicted as hormonal rejects?

Burping, farting, ignorant, and virtually useless; that's how the average man is depicted nowadays. Why? Well, that's easy: Because these men won't raise Cain about it. Advertisers put their money on the men because they're pretty sure that a lawsuit won't follow; we just don't get offended. But should we?

More and more it seems that women are being depicted as the intelligent, all-knowing beings, minorities are being portrayed as the wise and stylish ones, and average Joes are, well, the morons of the operation. What's going on?
FEEL THE STING
Why is it acceptable for guys to be portrayed as though they can't fend for themselves and need a woman to point out how useless they are? After all, stereotypes do stem from somewhere, so maybe most guys are virtually useless in certain aspects of their lives and need women to come in and rescue them. Yeah, right.

Granted, men have been running the corporate world since the dawn of time, but in matters of pop culture, guys are never depicted in the most glamorous fashion. In every TV commercial I see nowadays, men are controlled by either their cars, their hormones, their need for a brewski, their appetites or all of the above. Do we really have no depth to speak of? Oh wait, big breasts, 12 o'clock... I'm kidding.

Everywhere I turn, men are being belittled and no one is saying a word about it. Maybe we should start protesting every time a woman in a movie says that "all men are pigs" or that "men always think with the wrong head..." Those things just aren't true. But instead of tripping out, we just shrug our shoulders and move on. Well, I'm taking a stand, damn it.

As long as men aren't willing to draw up picket signs that say "Men aren't swine!" and walk in circles in front of movie debuts and corporate buildings, mass media will continue to portray us as though we're Neanderthals. To be clear, anyone can make fun of us because there's no harm in doing so.
YOU'RE SO INSENSITIVE
There are commercials that show women fantasizing about their perfect man, when in reality they're boyfriends are fat couch potatoes. But let's say we turned the tables and showed a commercial where there was a fat woman whose boyfriend was imagining that she was perfect? Man, I could just imagine the drama. It would be the hot topic on Entertainment Tonight and you'd have Rosie O'Donnell speaking out about the injustices against big women.

Fat women of the world are angry...

Would fat guys start tripping on a company because they depicted them as undesirable? No, they face the facts and don't cry out to anyone who will give them airtime. They suck in their guts (as best they can) and take it on the chins. Why? Because they're men -- they're not going to get all "girlie" about it.

It seems that the media has to walk on eggshells when it comes to hurting women's feelings, taking a stab at a gay guy or worse, mimicking stereotypes regarding any minority. But when it comes to men, hey, that's fair play -- take your best shot, it's a free-for-all.

OH MY GOD, THAT'S ME
So perhaps I'm contradicting myself right now considering that I'm complaining about the way men are depicted through the media, but perhaps I can open a door that will either make the media more sensitive toward men (which is not my intended goal) or rather, encourage everyone else that walks this planet to chill out and stop taking everything so damn personally (bingo!).

Yes, blond, surgically-enhanced women are typically represented as ditzy, but that's because they usually use their looks and not their brains to get what they want; homosexual men are portrayed as fashionable because the majority of them dress like stars; and members of the black community are shown rapping or playing basketball because they dominate those industries. There's no need to get all emotional about it.

Now that I've brought this issue to your attention, I'm sure you'll start watching TV, movies and advertisements differently. And although I recommend bringing it to people's attention, please don't gather up your buddies and have a *****-fest in front of NBC. Then again, maybe we should start mocking all these "sensitive" people.

[/QUOTE]

Xx1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day... look at all TV shows, here's some that I'm gonna type as I think:
Family guy, futurama, simpsons, american dad, king of queens, everybody loves raymond, malcolm in the middle, etc

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Would fat guys start tripping on a company because they depicted them as undesirable? No, they face the facts and don't cry out to anyone who will give them airtime. They suck in their guts (as best they can) and take it on the chins.
LOL@fat guys taking it on the "chins!" :crackup:

The entertainment industry really needs more shows like Married With Children and the Man Show. Shows that might depict us as pigs but in a glorious light. If you notice, there really isn't much of anything that promotes an unapologetic heterosexual male view on tv anymore.

I honestly think the world needs MORE (not less) "insensitive" jabs at all different kinds of people. We should make fun of women and homosexuals and different ethnicities and different religions and anything else we can think of. And we should invite them to make fun of us. Why? Because facing something takes the sting out of it. It's the whole stupid eggshell aversion practice that is causing so much tension in the first place.

Think of it like this. Look at the concept of fear. If you're afraid of something and you keep running from it, what happens? That fear maintains a stranglehold on you and its power over you only gets stronger. But if you face it, you can conquer it and its power either diminishes or goes away completely.

As long as everybody keeps running from this crap instead of facing it, it's only going to get worse. Ironically, if you truly believe in equality, the best thing you can do for somebody is make fun of them. Because if you refuse to assert yourself against them, you're not really treating them like an equal anyway. You're treating them like a superior.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about this exact topic a bit lately. Standard TV advert is a man making a crap job of something, and as he realises he's making a hash of it, a woman (often the guy's wife) walks past with a smirk on her face, rolls her eyes, then does the job (or something similar) properly. . .

Example. . ..I just saw an advert for Wkd (those sh1tty alcopops
Let's be realistic here. Men are pretty competent at manual jobs like the ones being depicted, and are very often more emotionally stable etc than women. The nature of men that is being depicted is just inaccurate. But who would dare depict women in a similar way? It would be boycotted.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that this guy is caught up on what is happening on TV speaks to how pathetic his life is.

I could honestly care less how men are portrayed on television. Especially television aimed at women. That's there thing. Let them have it.

Edit: "Pathetic" is a harsh word. Let's just say his priorities are very misdirected.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a man, and the fact that I belong to the superior gender, I dont not get offended at such petty things. People who are easily offended are WEAK. Actually, I think that most of the time they aren't even offended, but just being an a$$hoel for the sake of it.

Like the Athiest who claimed to be offended by all the Christmas stuff if his office, and the higher ups at the office caved in to his bvllshyt and removed everything Christmas related. I wonder if the that jerkoff turned down any Xmas gifts offered to him. He wasnt offended, he was just being a prick, and I hope someone kicked his ass in the name of Jesus.

I dont know why we as a society can't stop coddling to the easily offended. PC is so far out of hand it disgusts me. If I said "Im proud to be a heterosexual, white male," I'd probably be jailed... by a heterosexual white male, most likely.

Its our court system thats to blame. Sometimes I think the judges are alien pod-people. They seem to have lost all humanity.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just the tip of the social convention iceberg. Men are ridiculed for their masculinity, but if they take offense to it then they're not "man enough" to take the joke. So consequently no man is willing to Man Up and protest it for fear of not being tough enough to let it slide.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Men are ridiculed for their masculinity, but if they take offense to it then they're not "man enough" to take the joke. So consequently no man is willing to Man Up and protest it for fear of not being tough enough to let it slide.
Not entirely true. Men are not "ridiculed" for their masculinity, but have their masculinity "tested." Of course it depends on what your model of the world is.

If you think everybody should fall in line with the way things "should" be, the I guess I can see your point. The truth is that very few men are truly "masculine." Not because they fear ridicule, but because it is difficult to stand fast to your own intentions without buckling to social pressure.

Any any game, sports, arts, entertainment, those at the top are always "ridiculed" by those that want the goods but don't want to do the work.

That's par for the course. Of course, it's easy to pretend there is some feminist conspiracy that has somehow robbed man of his masculinity while he wasn't looking, but it just ain't so.

In the case of not speaking up in the face of this horrilble "ridicule," I submit that there are three types of males.

1) The kind that thinks the world "should" act according to his beliefs, and whines like a little b*tch when it doesn't, hoping it will change things.

2) The kind that that is too afraid to whine, sucks it up and gets whatever he gets.

3) The kind that truly doesn't give a fukk, and gets on with his life, achieving his dreams and goals and fantasies, regardless of the haters, knowing full well he can deal with whatever the world throws at him.

Which one are you?

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were not just portrayed as idots but also dangerous and violent, philanderes and untrustworthy, which of course some of us are, but so are some women and of course some of us men aren't.
This spills over into the public conciousness, and you have to start to 'show' that you arent like the 'rest' of those men out there.
Your kind of guilty by how the media, feminazis and society has portrayed you until you prove yourself otherwise.
You can put your head down and ignore it, be a 'man' about it, this in the past has been my own approach, BUT... that doesn't take this kind of predjudice away, and also it enables this kind of nastiness to carry on.
The strange thing is most guys aren't even aware of this. Myself for years I wasn't aware of it until I came across a free seminar at my local library by a guy called Warren Farell, an interesting guy... from there my conciousness was lifted and that was the start for me.
If anyone is interested in seeing how they are getting fvcked over without even knowing it heres a couple of good places to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...en-Ridiculous-Hardly-says-Amanda-Platell.html

http://www.warrenfarrell.org/TheBook/index.html

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, not this ''We are poor victims of a society in which women are favored over men and we are anti-femenist'' bull**** again. Look at the first assumption the article makes, the assumption that men are depicted as dumb everywhere. That's not true and you know it. End of discussion.

Now please, spend your time on loving girls in real life and not on hating girls on the internet. The first thing will bring you joy; the second thing will bring you sorrow.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Oh man, not this ''We are poor victims of a society in which women are favored over men and we are anti-femenist'' bull**** again. Look at the first assumption the article makes, the assumption that men are depicted as dumb everywhere. That's not true and you know it. End of discussion.

Now please, spend your time on loving girls in real life and not on hating girls on the internet. The first thing will bring you joy; the second thing will bring you sorrow.
black and white thinking.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There aren't many real guys who would care what the media thinks... Some of you have to realize that the media affects 95% of the sheeple, and that rubs off in every area of life. It rubs off on your friends, on your partner, and most importantly on (your) kids who really start to believe the media and entertainment.

Just recently I tried to rent a house with a couple of me mates, and the landlord said in different words "sorry no thanks" I questioned him why and he said it's better if I tried to move in with a girl or two instead of three lads.

I've lived with plenty of girls and guys in the past few years, and the girls have been the worst and more unpleasant to live with than the guys. Not saying I have any issues with women, just trying to itterate that girls can be just as bad for business as guys. End result? Have to find a different residence because the landlord is a brainwashed sheep who thinks subjectively rather than logically.

I went for a job interview last year and got rejected because the manager was hiring female staff to correct a "deficit". End result? Had to keep looking because the manager was thinking subjectively instead of rationally and was pandering to the overzealous "equality trumps ability" movement.

Hopefully you realize that good quality men suffer in the areas that matter in life because those in positions of situational power make decisions that affect you.

No amount of "I'm an alpha an don't care what people think or say." attitude will change things in your favor.

Grow up and accept the world doesn't revolve around you and you are affected by what others believe regardless of merit or rational thinking and behavior.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life ain't easy, I'll give you that.

But the main cause of stress, pain, fear, anxiety is the difference between the way you wish the world was, or the way you think it should be, and the way it really is.

No matter how alpha anybody is, there will always be obstacles between him and his objectives.

Always.

No amount of wishing and hoping and internet posting is going to change that.

The secret is to spend your energy figuring out the best way around the obstacles, rather than cursing the heavens for their existence.

Sure, you get some short term respite by finding like minded individuals with whom you can share a common grievance about the obstacles, but where does that get you? A collective agreement that life ain't fair, and a built in excuse for the next time that you fail.

Most people live their life based on a constant, deep subconscious fear, and always base their decisions on the short term avoidance of pain.

Easy trap to fall into, or even realize that you're in.

If you live by the assumption that the answer lies within, rather than without, over time you'll develop a powerful creativity to overcome anything life throws at you.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem. Firstly, you can use this to cover up mistakes... sorry I'm just a dumb guy, woe is me.

And we get to hold women to a higher standard.