Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Meeting someone shortly before moving away

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I met a cute HB 7.5 I had been communicating with through online dating. There was instant chemistry and we've had a couple of excellent dates. She and I communicate every day and things feel effortless. I would confidently say something's there.

But unfortunately, this may all be short-lived. As fate would have it, I am relocating 1,000 miles away for work in about two months. I received the offer from my bosses this week, and it's the right career move. HB 7.5 doesn't know anything about this. How do you advise I go about the situation?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts? This is probably a fairly common situation, but one I myself have not experienced.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts? This is probably a fairly common situation, but one I myself have not experienced.
Same thing happened to my brother last year. Got a new job, new flat in a new city 150 miles away. Then boom, a month before he was due to move, met a girl and they hit it off. Tried to 'give it a go' for a while, but she was studying law, blablabla. Maybe see each other every so often, but it's pretty much fizzled out.

Two points:

-You can't ignore your own prospects for a girl you've only just met. You've probably put in years of effort for the chance you've been given at work, and birds are much more commonplace than (relevant) career opportunities.
-Distance is very much the ultimate test of any relationship. I imagine most people who have tried LDRs have only met failure. Not to say it never works out. It will be very difficult though. One thousand miles is a long way. Put it this way, you may well go anything up to a month or even longer without seeing her. You really shouldn't be considering this a long term prospect (yet) anyway, after only a couple of weeks; you think you know this person, but you don't yet. Plus there will be plenty of other people and opportunities in you new place.

The best thing you can do is loosely plan to see each other at certain points in the short to medium term. For example, Christmas is a good time to travel as people are generally taking time off anyway etc etc etc. You won't really know if it is going to work until you move anyway.

Last edited: