Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

meeting new friends in college?

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
well tomorrow will be my third day of college and so far i haven't really met anyone new. but i realize this is the time to make an effort to make new friends. anyway, when looking to create my new "social circle" how will i find the people that i want to be friends with?

just looking for tips...

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
try to be with guys whom you can learn from... guys who have equal or higher value than yourself.

as for girls, don't try to pick up each girl yo meet.. have some good female friends... and game a few selected ones.

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like a plan...

one thing about the first few days is that no one really seems to socialize so you really cant get a good read on people... i just dont wanna **** up my first impression with the people im going to be with for the next 12 weeks.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get to know the guys on your floor. I'm assuming you live on campus.

All the dudes on your floor are looking to make friends just as much as you are. If you pass one of them in the hallway on the way back from class, stop them and introduce yourself. Ask the basic questions, Where are you from? What high school did you go to? Did you play any sports?

If you don't live on campus, take some discussion classes that are smaller and more intimate. It'll be easier to get to know people in those classes because you'll see each other every time you have class. You'll probably have group work too.

Also, join organizations and clubs. I did College Republicans in college. I don't even really have conservative political beliefs. There were just a ton of hot girls in the club, and they threw parties too.

Do you go to Michigan State or Michigan?

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arizona iced tea said:
sounds like a plan...

one thing about the first few days is that no one really seems to socialize so you really cant get a good read on people... i just dont wanna **** up my first impression with the people im going to be with for the next 12 weeks.
With guys, just be normal. Don't be AFC, don't be too PUA/DJ. Just a fun chilled interesting guy.

With girls, bust on all of them.. be playful..

Just don't worry about impressing others.. believe in yourself.. no matter what experiences you've had in life.

Last edited:

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Arizona iced tea said:
well tomorrow will be my third day of college and so far i haven't really met anyone new. but i realize this is the time to make an effort to make new friends. anyway, when looking to create my new "social circle" how will i find the people that i want to be friends with?

just looking for tips...
You'll initially make your social circle with the people you see the most, so your roomates and neighbors probably. But thats only your initial circle. By the end of the year, unless you're lucky, you'll have a new circle. This is called 'friendswapping'. You'll hang out with your first group, but you'll also meet other people through your group and outside your group. Look at highschool, you'll notice that in the 4 years, there are a lot of people who weren't hanging out with the same people as the first 4 years. This will happen in 1 year.

Don't try too hard to make friends outside your 'natural circles' initially (major, classes, clubs, roomates, neighbors, dorm, ect). Cuz everyone in that group will see each other way more often than you'll see them, and then you'll be sorta of an 'outsider'. But people naturally tend to drift away from their initial 'proximity' social circles as the year go on, and you will too naturally. Or not. Just go with the flow.

As for making friends, DO IT ALL. Knock on EVERY guy and girl's door in your dorm or in proxminity, introduce yourself, and invite them to hang out. And hang out in GROUPS. Everything is much more fun in groups. Girls especially will be a lot more open to chilling out with you initally if its with a group. People initially are the most approachable in the first weeks of their freshmen year then their entire life. 90% of girls who are still virgins won't be by the end of the first semester.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. So I'm watching episode 5 and the main character is dating a french dude he met for only a day. Later than night they were making out and about the take their clothes off, then she stops him and says, 'wait, I have this rule about not sleeping with men who I only have met for a day'. The french dude says, 'I see', and goes back to making out with her and stripping her and then it goes all black and she narrerates, 'I gave in'.

Classic example of overcomming LMR's

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
im actually not staying on campus. im going to a community college for 2 years b/c i couldnt afford the other colleges i got into :(

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
Carry an umbrella and start challenging other people with umbrellas to fights! You're bound to make some friends or, at the very least, have a kick ass time that way.