"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Meeting her parents for the first time...any tips/guidelines?

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
I've been dating this girl for only a short while....she lives long distance from me with her parents. I'm going to visit her next weekend and I'm going to be meeting her folks for the first time. I don't really know a ton about them. I'll be spending 2 days there. How can I make the best impression on them? Any suggetions?

M.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Dress nice, act nice, be nice. Yes ma'am, yes sir. It's worked for me. :D
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Originally posted by eternal
Dress nice, act nice, be nice. Yes ma'am, yes sir. It's worked for me. :D
do this! be very polite, and dont be too ****y around her folks. be prepared to talk a/b yourself a lot. dad might even ask ya why you like his daughter, and if you'll treat her w/ respect, that sorta thing.

might not happen, but best to be prepared for it- like a DJ should be.
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by Dukester
do this! be very polite, and dont be too ****y around her folks. be prepared to talk a/b yourself a lot. dad might even ask ya why you like his daughter, and if you'll treat her w/ respect, that sorta thing.

might not happen, but best to be prepared for it- like a DJ should be.
Don't lie either. "I have nothing but good intentions for your daughter" can be smelled a mile away.

"Honestly, I do not know right now. Dinner, date, parents approval, then take it from there." Used that and got a smile (friendly one) from my current gfs dad. He still likes me to this day, even after I brought his daughter home 2 hours late one night.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by eternal
Yes ma'am, yes sir. It's worked for me. :D
I don't agree with that. Nobody talks that way unless you are their customer or you just got out of the military. To me if you talk that way it makes it seem like you are trying to hard to impress them. If I were a father I would be weary of a guy like this.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by Fatality
I don't agree with that. Nobody talks that way unless you are their customer or you just got out of the military. To me if you talk that way it makes it seem like you are trying to hard to impress them. If I were a father I would be weary of a guy like this.
I'd rather be too polite then have them go "what an ass. Time to break out the shotgun."
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Originally posted by Fatality
makes it seem like you are trying to hard to impress them. If I were a father I would be weary of a guy like this.
you have a point. but most people would realize taht you are trying to impress them, which will not make them weary, but make them realize you are honest. if you try to impress the parents that means, you are worth it to them. you dont wanna come off as an azz, or a ****y jerk.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by eternal
I'd rather be too polite then have them go "what an ass. Time to break out the shotgun."
Yeah definitley be polite but to me "yes sir" yes ma'am" is unecessary and can make you sound fake.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
I think it's best to call them Mr. and Mrs. whatever their last name is.
 

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
265
Reaction score
2
Location
Portland
call me crazy.....be yourself.
Kissing ass too much is retarded.
Chew with your mouth closed...hmmmm....i dont know, act how you would in any social situation.

Are you gonna marry this girl?
Probably not, so just chill out.

Be yourself, novel idea, but usually it works.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Scought is dead on.

Big F*cking Deal. You are meeting her parents. Don't act like a jerkoff and you will be fine.

I don't get it when people are all retarded about meeting their GF or BF parents. Grow up you pansies and be yourself.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Scought
call me crazy.....be yourself.
That's pretty much what I meant. Calling people "sir" and "ma'am" isn't being yourself unless you are in the military.
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by Fatality
That's pretty much what I meant. Calling people "sir" and "ma'am" isn't being yourself unless you are in the military.
I do that all the time, so I guess I am being myself.
 

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
I think it would depend on your "life status" for want of a better word. If you're in your teens or early twenties, chances are you're not looking to get married and her father is going to be deciding which farm implement to skewer your ass with.
However, if you're of the marrying age, he'll be more subtle about it. Learning to deflect subtle questions of character is key. Example: Him: "Seems like every time I search for something on the net, all I get is porn." You don't answer "Oh, yeah, I saw this really great bondage site last week." You could however say "Yeah, and they make a ton of money doing it which ticks me off that you can't make a lot of money in legitimate businesses." Now, if you said "I don't look at porn," he's going to know you're lying so by deflecting the question in a different direction like business, you may end up talking about business.
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
When they ask you what your plans are, answering "continuing to bang your daughter without your knowledge." Will not score you any points.

Seriously the advice everyone else has given you seems to be pretty good. Remember if they trust their daughter's judgement then you are already in.

-Grey Fox
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top