meeting girls on internet

vonbock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a girl on the internet. She claims she is a Hooters girl and going to college to study accounting. She says she is 23 years old. So far we have talked for about a month and everything is so perfect about her. HAve any of you all met girls on the internet and if you have, do they look like they describe to you over the internet? Would you all recommend meeting girls over the internet.

pbguru

Don Juan
Reaction score
why would you meet someone without an actual picture? for all you know, "she" could be a fat guy in his 40s.

and even with a pic, they wont look the same...cause some people look better in person, and some look worse.
i have met girls off the net, and luckily theyve all been pretty good (8-8.5), but you never know...

vonbock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PB:You found 8.5's on the internet? Wow, i thought girls at that level wouldn't need to go on the internet since they have all the action they want just by going out to the clubs etc.

Jet Jockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have met a few from the internet..there are some things to keep in mind when doing this!

1. They could be married or in a LTR with someone else. Because of the convenience of the internet they can hop on and hop off so fast hubby doesn't know what they are up to. You have to be real careful here..or you could get your head smashed in by a pizzed off husband.

2. There are a few that will lie about things. Looks, job, etc.

3. If they can meet you this way..then beware if there IL slips abit....guess what they often do then...go back online looking for your replacement. These woman are usually computer savvy and know where to go to look for guys, and many get a thrill from it. many are nothing but attention wh@res, who like to see how many guys the can have a convo with at once.

You need to if at all possible chat with them, and view their webcam if they have one. That is always a plus, cuz it shows what they look like TODAY not 10 years ago.
Get the phone #. Call them briefly. This lets you know they are not some 40 year old fat guy, and also you can call, later, at a diffrent time and if a guy answers, you probably don't want them! Be sure to make your call where it won't show on caller ID if you can.
Meet them first at a convenient public place. If you like em, go on back to your place. If not, tell them you need to go and don't contact again. Best way I can think of to sort them out.

If they have a public profile and you do end up being with them in a LTR..look it up and see if they have changed there status from "single" to In a LTR. If thru some oversight they have not, ask em how come? You can use what they are telling the rest of the world as a sort of gauge to figure out if they are straight with you. If they resist changing it..you probably ought to next them, they are still looking!

Sometime when you are over at their place and they have their messenger up and running...casually notice the kinds of people on the friends list. Don't be blatant, just casually notice. If it is all guys, thats a red flag.... Not ALL of their friends should be guys. If they are, its a sure sign you are sharing them with someody!

If you are hitting it off good, and seeing each other, also notice how much time thay spend online. if they seem to be there no matter when you pop on, chances are thats what they do all day...and eventually they are going to find a guy and talk to him like they did you, flirt and the guy is going to want to meet them. If a attention wh@re thats real bad news for you.

It can be done..i know couples that are married because of the net, but you have to approach it with some street smarts and savvy. Don't believe it til you see it, then pinch yourself for good measure!

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
An old high school friend of mine used to meet guys on the net now and then. She was a solid 9. I used to think to myself (well before adopting the DJ mentality and mackin on her myself) "man, she doesnt need the internet to score a guy".

Back in high school EVERY guy wanted her. Highschool finished, she was bored with her life so started doin the internet thing.

Internet HB8's and above do exist. They're probably rare though.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jet Jockey
I have met a few from the internet..there are some things to keep in mind when doing this!

1. They could be married or in a LTR with someone else. Because of the convenience of the internet they can hop on and hop off so fast hubby doesn't know what they are up to. You have to be real careful here..or you could get your head smashed in by a pizzed off husband.
This is possible but all in all its unlikely that more than a fraction of a percentage of women fall into this category. The easiest way to find out is to determine if she is seriously interested. The best way to find out is if she agrees to meet you withing a reasonable amount of time.

2. There are a few that will lie about things. Looks, job, etc.
I find more women to be more so deceptive online than outright lie (at least the adults). If they won't give you a straight answer, be wary. Meeting them will take care any concern about looks. As for her job, does it really matter?[/b]

3. If they can meet you this way..then beware if there IL slips abit....guess what they often do then...go back online looking for your replacement. These woman are usually computer savvy and know where to go to look for guys, and many get a thrill from it. many are nothing but attention wh@res, who like to see how many guys the can have a convo with at once.
This is true, another reason to get them away from the computer and interact with them face to face. This way you will be able to tell if she can walk the walk as well as she talks the talk.

You need to if at all possible chat with them, and view their webcam if they have one. That is always a plus, cuz it shows what they look like TODAY not 10 years ago.
Get the phone #. Call them briefly. This lets you know they are not some 40 year old fat guy, and also you can call, later, at a diffrent time and if a guy answers, you probably don't want them! Be sure to make your call where it won't show on caller ID if you can.
I think all of this is a waste of time. This is what AFCs do because it is safer (less chance of rejection) than meeting face to face. If they are serious about meeting people, it will not take long for them to agree to meet.

If they insist on 'taking it slow,' it is a tell tale sign that they are afraid or unsure and will need a lot of reassurance. You need to ask yourself if you are willing to put in the extra time without any assurances.

Meet them first at a convenient public place. If you like em, go on back to your place. If not, tell them you need to go and don't contact again. Best way I can think of to sort them out.
Definitely meet them someplace public and don't worry about impressing them with dinner, movies or the sort, coffee will do just fine. If things go well, play it cool and DO NOT PLAY ALL OF YOUR CARDS UNLESS YOU ARE HOPING FOR A ONS!!! How long do you think a woman will be interested if you show her everything at once?

If they have a public profile and you do end up being with them in a LTR..look it up and see if they have changed there status from "single" to In a LTR. If thru some oversight they have not, ask em how come? You can use what they are telling the rest of the world as a sort of gauge to figure out if they are straight with you. If they resist changing it..you probably ought to next them, they are still looking!
This could be good advise or you could accidentally burn yourself. If you are in a LTR with someone, you should be able to tell whether they are still in a dating mode by watching their actions through clear glasses.

Checking the web site could be a good idea but it is possible that
she was on several sites and may not remember to pull herself from all of them. Just watch her actions, don't feel that you need to follow her tracks, that's VERY AFC.

Sometime when you are over at their place and they have their messenger up and running...casually notice the kinds of people on the friends list. Don't be blatant, just casually notice. If it is all guys, thats a red flag.... Not ALL of their friends should be guys. If they are, its a sure sign you are sharing them with someody!
This is VERY AFC. DJs do not care about who her friends are. What matters is that you are better than the rest of them. If you are and she realizes it, why not have her chat with her AFC buds.

If you are on your game, it will just reinforce that she is lucky to be with you. Only scared AFCs worry about how they stack up to other guys.

If you are hitting it off good, and seeing each other, also notice how much time thay spend online. if they seem to be there no matter when you pop on, chances are thats what they do all day...and eventually they are going to find a guy and talk to him like they did you, flirt and the guy is going to want to meet them. If a attention wh@re thats real bad news for you.
Don't make assumptions about why women do things, they do not think like men. If you are concerned about what they are doing, just ask! If she is always available, just ask her what she does while she is waiting for you. If she is always on the computer, ask what she does. Don't assume, more times than not you will be thinking the worse.

It can be done..i know couples that are married because of the net, but you have to approach it with some street smarts and savvy. Don't believe it til you see it, then pinch yourself for good measure!
I completely agree...

Jet Jockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the previous post dissecting my post..

Some of us do not live in large metro areas. Shyt, If you are nowhere near where there are available women ( I am talking a couple hour drive each way ) The internet can be useful for ferreting out the ones that stay at home, or live near you. I know lots of the guys on here live in a large metro area, and its no problem to drive 10 min and be in hottie heaven. If you don't have that luxury the internet can be part of your arsenal..if used correctly.

Most people are scared off by it, cuz they figure that all the girls can't get a guy etc. Yes there are some very hot girls online. I do think you have to have your own set of "rules" designed to weed out the ones that are less than desirable. The internet has plenty of them I know.

Online women tend to be "deceptive" most about there wt. Men it seems about there Ht. I don't know why, it just is. I have also met women that have "forgotten" to tell me a few important things. !

OOOps, I forgot to tell you's are a way of decieving. I have had it happen a few times. One even "forgot" to tell me she might be pregnant with her exs kid ( she wasn't showing).

Some of them are "internet addicts" Yes they will go out with you, and him and him to. I don't care how on your game you are...the chick just ain't right. When you are at work or whereever you think she ain't gonna get on that computer? Heck yeah she will. So what right? You completely trust her to NOT let other guys hit on her etc? She is eating it up. Sooner or later, one is going to be pretty smooth. She will go meet him. She won't tell you. She will just do it. Then she'll smile at you the next time she sees you, and act like nothing happened. I think its AFC to completely TRUST a woman. Some of them do it for the thrill of maybe getting away with it or whatever. So if you are a good DJ and taking care of business, that is going to stop them? You being a good DJ is only half the equation. If the woman already has a kaniving bytch heart, you ain't gonna change that. And she'll look you right in the eye and smile and tell you how bored she was last night while you were at work! HA!

All I am saying is there are flaky women and a higher percentage i think on the net. Partly because they are not social people, they choose rather to stay at home in front of the screen and seek attention from guys. And it is so easy for them to do. Almost no effort required. They can make him go away with a mouse click, or they can with a mouse click go to a diffrent place. All that easy. The women that sit night after night after night on the computer are expecting MR. right to drop in there lap. But they are HUGE skeptics, cuz they know they can just boot up, and get another date anytime. So if you pizz them off even a little, she is heading for the computer...I have seen it and experienced it.

You can call it all AFC. YOU can call it whatever you wish, but I know that any thing you do will involve risks. Sometimes you can minimize those risks. You have to. You have to go into it smart. Think of the possibilities for her..she is a woman, therefore she may and probably will pull some stupid shyt. Nothing is AFC about having your eyes open and seeing a woman for what she really is. I think thats the point i am trying to make. Off the internet, you have to expect them to pull alot of shyt you'd never expect.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jet Jockey
I read the previous post dissecting my post..

Some of us do not live in large metro areas. Shyt, If you are nowhere near where there are available women ( I am talking a couple hour drive each way ) The internet can be useful for ferreting out the ones that stay at home, or live near you. I know lots of the guys on here live in a large metro area, and its no problem to drive 10 min and be in hottie heaven. If you don't have that luxury the internet can be part of your arsenal..if used correctly.
Vonbock, who posted the question lives in Dallas. It's a major metropolitan city with just as many women who are willing to meet quality men as there are those who see the net as just a pass-time.

It's easy to make excuses for why not to trust someone online but the fact of the matter is that the people online are the same people you pass on the street everyday. Being timid about meeting someone is not what this board is about.

In a nutshell the people who are most successful are the ones who trust themselves enough to be able to deal with the peaks and valleys of meeting new people whether online or not.

It sounds as if Vonbock has met someone who at least has the potential of being someone who is interesting. The only way that he will be able to tell is to meet her and not speculate. Putting it off playing the games that AFCs fall for will be a waste of his time and his chance for success will be slim.

Be it small town or big city, there will be women playing games and AFCs falling for it. Putting fear aside and being confident in your own abilities without supplication will bring success no matter where you live. Being timid will allow other DJs to reap the benefits of your trepidation.