"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Meet The parents

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
271
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
New York
I been going out with my girlfriend for like 2 months now
n i met her parents before although never really talked much... Anyway im going to her house for the first time tommorow at 5:30 n im having dinner with her parents and her then me n my girl are gonna hang out for a while...


Any Suggestions?>
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Just be yourself. Don't talk too much or be a smart ass. Be prepared to answer the normal questions, ie; 'what do you do for a living', etc. Remember your manners. This **** goes a long ways. You'll ace it, I'm sure.



Once you get to know them better, you can lax a bit ;)



That's what you should do IMO.
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Ah yes meeting the parents, how....f...u...n.(Sorry had to force it.) Well the best thing you can do is dress nicely, sit up straight at dinner, be respectful. Be ready to field some questions, even d!ckheaded ones that will put you on the spot.

Somethings to remember:

For a girl meeting her parents is a big step in the relationship. Also the parents are concerned if their daughter might be dating the next O.J. So keep in mind the parents will be looking out for their little girl.

Conversation topics to aviod: Politics, religon, crime and anything controversial.

Good conversation starters: What the parents do for a living, how the parents first met, talk about where you grew up and the parents might tell some embarassing stories about their daughter, good for you because it deflects attention.

Stock Respones to stock questions:

"What are your intentions towards my daugher?"

Answer, well we started out as friends but found there is something more worth exploring. I enjoy her company and sense of humor/charm/energy and would like to see where things go.(So long as its not a shotgun wedding.)

"What goals do you have?"

Well I intend to recieve a higher education in college. And for my first two years exploring different classes to find what suits me and move on from there.

"My daughter tells me you..."

Play music: I like to express myself and playing music has been linked to better understand of math.(I'm not making that up.)

Sports: I like the comrader and getting to show off my talents. But I'm sure you felt the same way back when you played...(This should launch him into some stories about his glory days on the chess team. Which should burn some time.)

The important thing is to be on your best behavior and act like a gentleman. Do not toss out DJ skills when you are at dinner, because the folks will see you as some sort of silk sleaved charmer who will just use their daughter. The image you want to project is that you are a good, even keeled, law abiding lad. Don't worry to much about it, and good luck.

-Grey Fox
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by Grey Fox Play music: I like to express myself and playing music has been linked to better understand of math.(I'm not making that up.)

Sports: I like the comrader and getting to show off my talents. But I'm sure you felt the same way back when you played...(This should launch him into some stories about his glory days on the chess team. Which should burn some time.)
[/B]
Honestly, if it was my daughter and a guy said any of these answers to me... I'd probably laugh. Why not respond HONESTLY about sports and music? I play sports because they're great fun, great competition, great way to make friends and keep in shape as well. I play music because... well, I love listening to music and even more than that, I like to be able to play what I listen to. Personally if I said either of the two quoted answers, I'd probably have to keep from cracking up in midsentence.

Hollow, basically what cactus said, is perfect advice. Go with that.
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Hehehe. They have given good advice IMO.

I'd talk about ambitions and my what I wanted to do in the future.



I met my girl's parents in 6 days in Jan. I was at their house and they were going to give me a ride back to university campus.

Now.......I didn't go out of my way to do THESE things, I just do them normally.

-Her mom was shoveling snow, I pressed the issue and got the shovel from her and start clearing their driveway. I'm a 6' atheletic gentlemen, why am I going to stand around? That annoys me.
-I tried to pay her dad for the ride when we got to campus. My dad had suggested this to me and I was already going to do it before he told me.
-I tried to carry her duffel.......as a counterbalance to my own duffel, he wouldn't let me. I was slightly annoyed at this.

Didn't say much the trip as I was annoyed at waiting at their house for so long. (Did I ever tell you women need lots of makeup/get ready time?)

And at the end of the semester I came out to Toronto with them for dinner, I was totally tired and hardly said anything at dinner.
Her mom was weird annoying though.....her parents approve of me, too bad I broke up with her hahahah!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
at 17 I wouldn't worry too much about making a good impression on her parents as they won't see you as more than a temporary boyfriend since you're so young. At that point in life they just wanna make sure their daughter will be safe when she is with you. Safe, as in not raped or drugged, or riding in a car with a drunken driver.
 
Top