Matrix: Revolutions
Don Juan
Have you ever taken time out of your busy day to simply stop and think? I mean honestly, I do not care how mundane or useless it may have been (like trying to determine if that girl in Biology or the girl in English had the better rack) I am just curious to see how many of us actually take some time out of each day to just think… about anything. Now you may ask, “Revolutions… where are you going with this?” and the answer to that is simple… everywhere. Now, that is not going to make sense now… but it will as I continue. For however many years you have been receiving your formal education, it has always been based around the same premise: the more answers you have, the more successful (at least grade wise) you will be. Moreover, the student with the most answers is praised, while the student with the most questions sits in silence.
“Searching for Spoons” is the first post on the societal side of my duality series. All what I am about to say applies to you in more ways than you may think, so I want you to really pay attention. Especially those who may already assume where I may be going… you think you know, but you have little idea. Enjoy.
The Matrix: Reloaded
I received a private message the other day and a member asked me an interesting question (a question that inspired this post in fact). He started taking a look at his society, and what he saw saddened him. He was not happy with the fact, that society had “expectations” on him, like the fact that he was “expected” to do well in school. The interesting part about this was when he asks me… “How do you deal with living in our society, and how did you break free from the “system”?” It was at that very moment that I realized… that I had been leaving out (or not stressing the importance) a very important point.
One of the more important (and often overlooked) ideas in “The Matrix” (yes I am going back to my namesake again) was the fact that no matter powerful Neo and company became… no matter how “free” from the Matrix they became… they always had to return back to it. The now infamous Plato’s cave allegory is not about leaving the cave and escaping to some “freedom” or some higher consciousness, nor was that the purpose of escaping the Matrix. Both of those allegories are based on one simple premise: human possibility. Simply realizing that you are in that “cave” or in that “Matrix” is the first step in realizing your true human potential. This should not come as a shock to you gentlemen… but our society limits (almost to the point of regulation) our human potential.
Mechanical Animals
I am going to jump back to the point I made earlier about Neo and company always having to return to the Matrix. I am starting to get the feeling that a few people who have spoken to me, get the impression that I am some sort of anarchist and everyone else is a fool because they decide to live with “the program…” this is not quite the case. The point of trying to inform everyone about the practices of our society is so you can learn how to use your world for your own personal benefit… not so you can rebel against it. Understand this guys… none of us are bigger than the system… especially in democratic countries; it is set up to where no one really is bigger than the system. If you attempt to rebel against the system, you will be destroyed… and rightfully so. Rebelling against it is silly… challenging it and learning how to manipulate it, is another story.
It is insulting to yourself and everyone else if you rebel against society… because society is a necessary evil. I cannot stand George W. Bush, but he is willing to undertake responsibilities and duties that you and I do not even think about doing on a daily basis. None of us care how big the national debt is, or whether or not interest rates are going up… as long as I can still walk in the club on the weekends… it is all good to me. Also… if it was not for our society, would we have anything to aspire to? If it were not for our society’s pressure to perform well in school or look “beautiful,” how many of us would not only attend school but also made sure we paid attention? How many of us would go out and buy Abercrombie & Fitch and wear makeup (in reference to women). As much as we hate the ideals that society thrusts upon us, we always respond to it in some way… and we should.
Searching for Spoons
It almost seems that I am contradicting everything that I have bashed into your brains for the past two years… not quite; I am just digging into the “bigger” picture now. I am trying to get everyone to understand that although I enjoy a drink or two (I hate getting drunk), beautiful women, great sex (twice this week), shopping (one of my biggest vices) and partying my ass off like every other frivolous, without a care in the world teenager… I realize that there is more to life than all of this. Do not merely take what your education, your television, and your society gives to you gentlemen… search out the truth. Just because you believe in something (God, government, love… whatever) does not mean you cannot challenge it… in fact… you should challenge it.
Although I am far from a “Christian” I believe in God, simply because I challenged my religion. The “church” was giving me half answers and my religion kept telling me that everything happened simply because God said so… neither of these answers pleased me, so I went looking for my own. I left High School everyday, feeling unfulfilled… like I just sat in various rooms for eight hours and learned absolutely nothing… so I started to teach myself. I think you see where this is going gentlemen, and this is only the beginning. Our generation will soon be responsible for shaping our world. Simply living in this world, and shaping this world… is two different things. There is a whole world out there gentlemen… take pleasure in exploring it.
Remember… bending the spoon (rebelling against society) is impossible. All you have to do is realize the truth: there is no spoon (instead of rebelling… learn to manipulate). This should be some interesting food for thought.
Are you not entertained?
“Searching for Spoons” is the first post on the societal side of my duality series. All what I am about to say applies to you in more ways than you may think, so I want you to really pay attention. Especially those who may already assume where I may be going… you think you know, but you have little idea. Enjoy.
The Matrix: Reloaded
I received a private message the other day and a member asked me an interesting question (a question that inspired this post in fact). He started taking a look at his society, and what he saw saddened him. He was not happy with the fact, that society had “expectations” on him, like the fact that he was “expected” to do well in school. The interesting part about this was when he asks me… “How do you deal with living in our society, and how did you break free from the “system”?” It was at that very moment that I realized… that I had been leaving out (or not stressing the importance) a very important point.
One of the more important (and often overlooked) ideas in “The Matrix” (yes I am going back to my namesake again) was the fact that no matter powerful Neo and company became… no matter how “free” from the Matrix they became… they always had to return back to it. The now infamous Plato’s cave allegory is not about leaving the cave and escaping to some “freedom” or some higher consciousness, nor was that the purpose of escaping the Matrix. Both of those allegories are based on one simple premise: human possibility. Simply realizing that you are in that “cave” or in that “Matrix” is the first step in realizing your true human potential. This should not come as a shock to you gentlemen… but our society limits (almost to the point of regulation) our human potential.
Mechanical Animals
I am going to jump back to the point I made earlier about Neo and company always having to return to the Matrix. I am starting to get the feeling that a few people who have spoken to me, get the impression that I am some sort of anarchist and everyone else is a fool because they decide to live with “the program…” this is not quite the case. The point of trying to inform everyone about the practices of our society is so you can learn how to use your world for your own personal benefit… not so you can rebel against it. Understand this guys… none of us are bigger than the system… especially in democratic countries; it is set up to where no one really is bigger than the system. If you attempt to rebel against the system, you will be destroyed… and rightfully so. Rebelling against it is silly… challenging it and learning how to manipulate it, is another story.
It is insulting to yourself and everyone else if you rebel against society… because society is a necessary evil. I cannot stand George W. Bush, but he is willing to undertake responsibilities and duties that you and I do not even think about doing on a daily basis. None of us care how big the national debt is, or whether or not interest rates are going up… as long as I can still walk in the club on the weekends… it is all good to me. Also… if it was not for our society, would we have anything to aspire to? If it were not for our society’s pressure to perform well in school or look “beautiful,” how many of us would not only attend school but also made sure we paid attention? How many of us would go out and buy Abercrombie & Fitch and wear makeup (in reference to women). As much as we hate the ideals that society thrusts upon us, we always respond to it in some way… and we should.
Searching for Spoons
It almost seems that I am contradicting everything that I have bashed into your brains for the past two years… not quite; I am just digging into the “bigger” picture now. I am trying to get everyone to understand that although I enjoy a drink or two (I hate getting drunk), beautiful women, great sex (twice this week), shopping (one of my biggest vices) and partying my ass off like every other frivolous, without a care in the world teenager… I realize that there is more to life than all of this. Do not merely take what your education, your television, and your society gives to you gentlemen… search out the truth. Just because you believe in something (God, government, love… whatever) does not mean you cannot challenge it… in fact… you should challenge it.
Although I am far from a “Christian” I believe in God, simply because I challenged my religion. The “church” was giving me half answers and my religion kept telling me that everything happened simply because God said so… neither of these answers pleased me, so I went looking for my own. I left High School everyday, feeling unfulfilled… like I just sat in various rooms for eight hours and learned absolutely nothing… so I started to teach myself. I think you see where this is going gentlemen, and this is only the beginning. Our generation will soon be responsible for shaping our world. Simply living in this world, and shaping this world… is two different things. There is a whole world out there gentlemen… take pleasure in exploring it.
Remember… bending the spoon (rebelling against society) is impossible. All you have to do is realize the truth: there is no spoon (instead of rebelling… learn to manipulate). This should be some interesting food for thought.
Are you not entertained?