Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Meatheads at the gym hitting on my girlfriend

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl works at a gym as a personal trainer. I train there every week or so while she’s on duty, and do my own thing.

Frequently, I see meatheads of all sorts trying to run game on her. A lot of these guys are a lot bigger, stronger, or taller than me, and are surrounded by a gang of their friends (I train alone, because I’m not a member at her gym).

My gut reaction gives me the urge to get in their faces and tell them to back off.

Even though I’m reasonably well trained as a fighter and strong for my size, matters would not be in my favor if I got into a fight with a couple of 6-foot-5, 250 pound bodybuilders. I’ve stood toe to toe with guys like that in training and come out on top before, both in the ring and on the mat, but only one-on-one.

My strategy is simply to ignore it. She does a good job shutting them down, and she tells me about it later. We generally laugh at the lame comments they make at her, usually in relation to her smile or her ass.

My advice is to avoid trouble unless absolutely necessary.

Although I find it tempting to assert my manhood by beating down gorillas I perceive have “disrespected” me, I realize that the disrespect is in my head, it won’t impress my girlfriend, and that these instincts come from a past plagued by insecurity and ignorance.
Picking a fight and winning might seem like a victory, but it would be a victory motivated by a need for others to validate me by recognizing how tough I am.

The absolute toughest guy I know is my friend Thomas Konkol. He came from Poland about 15 years ago. Not a big guy, 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, but a physical genius. He was the Ontario Amateur Boxing middleweight champ for a couple of years running a while ago, and defeated the New York State kickboxing champ about 5 or 6 years ago (They wouldn’t give him the belt because he was Canadian). I’ve seen him throw a 350-pound powerlifter around like a child (leverage, positioning and timing) when sparring NHB style at Huff’s gym in Mississauga, and had him tapping out repeatedly in a matter of seconds. Circumstances prevent him from making a living as a professional fighter (there’s very little market for it in Canada), but you wouldn’t know he was a fighter from hanging around with him. He is very quiet and calm, not brash and in-your-face. I feel ashamed whenever I tell him I got into a fight for no good reason. He tells me I’m old enough, that I should know better.

Potential jail time or a stay in the hospital does NOT bring me any closer to achieving my long-term goals. My main objective is to enjoy my life and do what I plan to do, and that doesn’t include being the toughest ******* in my region.

Kenturkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I find it tempting to assert my manhood by beating down gorillas I perceive have “disrespected” me, I realize that the disrespect is in my head, it won’t impress my girlfriend, and that these instincts come from a past plagued by insecurity and ignorance.
You said it yourself. It's all rooted in insecurity. Just enjoy the fact that your woman is hot enough to have guys hitting on her all the time, but she stays with you. I have a jealous streak myself. So I know it's hard. But, you show that to a woman, she starts thinking you don't trust her, and it spirals into the crapper from there.

Besides, they're not disrespecting you... They probably don't know you're her boyfriend. It's not like she's wearing a t-shirt with your picture on it or something. They're just hitting on a hot chick. Just remember, you're the one banging her. ;-)

Chris

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reminds..

A friend of mine was in a situation once where he was flirting with this girl and made the mistake of asking her is she would like to f@ck.

Anyway, he didn't know that her boyfriend was close by, and he came out saying he was gonna beat his asss, yelling and screaming at the top of his voice, etc.

Well, anyway my friend who is also a excellent fighter and boxer could have easily taken this guy down, but instead he apologized to the guy and they both went their seperate way without incident.

Later on I asked him why didn't he flatten this guys nose and he explained that if you can talk your way out of a fight thats better than going to jail over some stupid nonsense that could have been avoided.

Sayno'

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the way i look at it! Nowadays, every is lawsuit happy and it can get ugly. My friend (who started the fight BTW), got the holy dog shhhit kicked out of him. The guy, another college student was kicked out of school, sent to prison, and had to pay upwards of $100,000.........all for fighting.

Plus, if your hardcore--there is a chance the person could fall down and hit their head.

It's just not worth it!!!!

blueangel83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, your woman is asking for it if she is a personal trainer at a gym. Obviously, she is aware that she will be surrounded by a bunch of horny meat heads. I think she likes the attention, otherwise she wouldn't even be there in the first place knowing that potential problems could arise. I wouldn't subject my man (if I had one) to that type of thing, I'd know what to avoid.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blueangel83
In my opinion, your woman is asking for it if she is a personal trainer at a gym. Obviously, she is aware that she will be surrounded by a bunch of horny meat heads. I think she likes the attention, otherwise she wouldn't even be there in the first place knowing that potential problems could arise. I wouldn't subject my man (if I had one) to that type of thing, I'd know what to avoid.
Don't be an idiot. That is why you don't have a man. That is almost as bad as saying "She deserved to be raped, she asked for it." You need to get your own life and stop your approval seeking. Would you give up your likes and passions because a man might not have the balls to deal with his insecurity issues? Apparently you would.

What is she supposed to do? Make sure she gets a job where there are no men who will hit on her? Give up her carreer that she likes because men will do what they are designed to do by nature? Or give up her job because her attracting attention causes insecurity in any insecure man she might be dating at any particular time?

If she is hot, it doesn't matter where she works, she will be hit on constantly. If its an office job, it will be by her superiors, older men, geeky/dorky men, etc. If she works in any type of customer service, it will be by the men that see her. The original poster seems to know what to do in this situation, why are you feeding the little insecurity that's playing mind games on him?

solace

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't take the meatheads approach personally. They probably don't even know it is your girl and are just doing what many guys would do in that situation which is hit on hot women.

As long as your girl knows how to handle it, you should have know problem. Just keep lifting your weights. Although I do find that sometimes it is necessary to show some bit of macho jealously occasionallly for the woman's sake. Women just need a bit of confirmation every now and then but never make it a habit or it gets old and annoying quick.

Since I tend to be a bit on the shallow in when it comes to women looks, I am used to guys hitting on a female I am dating and have been in situations when guys have literally come up to my woman and reached for her hand. I kept cool as long as she brushed the guy off and he went away without much trouble. There has never been a problem...well, except for one time...

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find guys who get jealous in this way pretty funny. It's one thing to have guys come up to your girl when it's plainly obvious she's with you (blatant disrespect), but if they don't know, why are you so bothered by it? She turns them down and that's it right?

Almost every time I see a decent looking girl come to the free-weights section of the gym they have their bfs with them as if all the guys are going to attack them. Every time I glanced at any of them guess who's looking right at me? You being there physically doesn't lessen the chance of your girl hooking up with other guys. If she's the type that will stray it WILL happen regardless. Why the unnecessary paranoia?

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You got some good advice here.

Again if your GF is hot, expect her to be hit on. That's life, sucks to be dating a HB.

If she is decent, expect her to brush them off.

If she is been bothered and can't handle the situation, step in.

It's great you can use humor and have a laugh with her at them and the situation, frame for her as if all they are after is a piece of her ass (which is pretty much true).

Although she does expect you to protect her, you need to check your emotions and timing. It is not your responsibility to reject casual advances, it is hers. Kick up too much of a fuss and you will look needy.

Kaine

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be flattered.

If she's into you enough, nothing those guys can do will make her less into you.

If she's not into you enough, nothing you can do about their hitting on her will make her more into you.

If they harass her, that's another story. Then you have to step in and let them know in no uncertain terms to buzz off. But just hitting on her? That should be merely a source of amusement.

Showing any signs of insecurity will only lower her attraction to you. Whatever the case, the issue is with her attraction to you, not them.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sweetcheeks
My girl works at a gym as a personal trainer. I train there every week or so while she’s on duty, and do my own thing.

Frequently, I see meatheads of all sorts trying to run game on her. A lot of these guys are a lot bigger, stronger, or taller than me, and are surrounded by a gang of their friends (I train alone, because I’m not a member at her gym).

My gut reaction gives me the urge to get in their faces and tell them to back off.

Even though I’m reasonably well trained as a fighter and strong for my size, matters would not be in my favor if I got into a fight with a couple of 6-foot-5, 250 pound bodybuilders. I’ve stood toe to toe with guys like that in training and come out on top before, both in the ring and on the mat, but only one-on-one.

My strategy is simply to ignore it. She does a good job shutting them down, and she tells me about it later. We generally laugh at the lame comments they make at her, usually in relation to her smile or her ass.

My advice is to avoid trouble unless absolutely necessary.

Picking a fight and winning might seem like a victory, but it would be a victory motivated by a need for others to validate me by recognizing how tough I am.

The absolute toughest guy I know is my friend Thomas Konkol. He came from Poland about 15 years ago. Not a big guy, 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, but a physical genius. He was the Ontario Amateur Boxing middleweight champ for a couple of years running a while ago, and defeated the New York State kickboxing champ about 5 or 6 years ago (They wouldn’t give him the belt because he was Canadian). I’ve seen him throw a 350-pound powerlifter around like a child (leverage, positioning and timing) when sparring NHB style at Huff’s gym in Mississauga, and had him tapping out repeatedly in a matter of seconds. Circumstances prevent him from making a living as a professional fighter (there’s very little market for it in Canada), but you wouldn’t know he was a fighter from hanging around with him. He is very quiet and calm, not brash and in-your-face. I feel ashamed whenever I tell him I got into a fight for no good reason. He tells me I’m old enough, that I should know better.

Potential jail time or a stay in the hospital does NOT bring me any closer to achieving my long-term goals. My main objective is to enjoy my life and do what I plan to do, and that doesn’t include being the toughest ******* in my region.
you sound like you have ego issues

bud1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, Blueangel's comment was not too far off the mark.

Granted, working in a gym, any decent looking chick is going to get hit on, and there is nothing unusual or disrespectful about guys flirting with chicks, normal stuff unless it crosses decency boundaries. But, I will say from past experience that the two A.W.'s that I was unfortunate enough to date constantly put themselves in situations where they could get that constant input from men.
But, if you are confident in your girl, don't worry, and don't be upset...just an occupational hazard I guess.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would anyone fight over a woman? You've watched too many bad TV shows.

If she's interested in you, she stays your girlfriend; if she's not interested in you, she won't stay your girlfriend.

Besides, if you marry her she's just going to get b-tchy and fat anyway and you'll be thinking in 20 years, I fought for this?!! Ninety-percent of my married friends are now terribly bored with their wives, yes 90 freaking percent. Quit worrying about who is hitting on her, get a backup quarterback (see the term date others) and move on.

* Has anyone watched that white trash show "Cheaters?" When the guy getting cheated on finds out, he tries to fight the guy picking up on his chick, instead of either chewing out his stupid gf or just leaving her. It's classic AFNess.

** Please, learn the art of not caring about minor sh-t, the art of walking away, and the art of dating many.

blueangel83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey "Gangster of Love" slap yourself. You know if you were in his position, you would agree with me.

I don't know what planet you are from to think that being a personal trainer is a career. I know a few personal trainers who do not consider their job a career but something on the side. You need to learn the difference between a career and a job.