Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Measure of a Man

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would you describe a true man, what qualities both internal and external would he have?

In Pook's posts, he always talks about being a "Man" and to embrace you "Masculinity".

If you were to document the life of somebody, how would you decide whether they are a true man or not?

-------------

I know some guys who are considered "cool", but they go home and watch America's Next Top Model and the O.C., and are considered manly.

On the other hand, I know alot of people(some are my friends) who are jocks and play sports, take care of their ****, and have great lives, yet are considered "pussies" by people.

So...Using your imagination, describe what you see a true Man to be.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pat Tillman. Enough said.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A "true" man possesses three major qualities:

1. Confidence. He is not easily pushed around, he has a set of values/morals by which he adheres to. He knows when to fight and when to walk away from a fight. He walks with his head high, his shoulders staight, and he looks you square in the eye with no intimidation. He speaks clearly and with passion, is strong, and knows what he wants out of life and goes for it.

2. Character. He has a strong identity. He has a good mix of skills and hobbies by which his life revolves. He has a good relationship with his family and is viewed as a leader. He does ACTIVE things (like sports, hunting, fishing, biking, hiking, building things, working on cars, etc.) but is also intelligent. Action is always high on his list, and he's always looking for ways to keep moving. When he gets knocked down by life, he gets back up and keeps moving forward. He knows the value of success is rooted in his deepest failures, so he's not afraid to fail--in fact he embraces it!--but he doesn't let his failures define him.

3. Charisma. The guy is charming and funny. He likes to have fun and goof off, but he also knows when to be serious. People like him because he exhibits a strong sense of self, knows how to talk with people and influence people, and uses his power not only to further himself, but to further others and help others.

I promise you, if you work on these three areas of your life, people WILL respect you. And women WILL love you so completely.

The "bad boys" exhibit these qualities (which is why women love them) and the nice guy does NOT. The nice guy is afraid of who he is so he supplicates to others. The bad boy concentrates too much on HIMSELF (but to a woman these qualities are more powerful than that selfishness, and hence the attraction).

Finding a balance with these qualities will have people view you as a true man. But it comes at a price. Do you have what it takes to rise to the challenge?

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
How would you describe a true man, what qualities both internal and external would he have?

In Pook's posts, he always talks about being a "Man" and to embrace you "Masculinity".

If you were to document the life of somebody, how would you decide whether they are a true man or not?
A male with integrity. When a promise is made, he does what he can to keep it.

A male who can live with the consequences of their actions without blaming others.

Someone I used to know commited a crime recently. He blamed his car for not working, he blamed being lost, he blamed his mother, he blamed victims for freaking him out (He is on drugs and is an alcoholic, and was either high, drunk, or both when he commited it, so it'd be fair to assume he was already freaked out, anyway). He's unwilling to take the blame for it, and was trying to get the "insanity plea."

If he had just admitted he did the crime, admitted he had a problem, his sentence would have been a LOT more lenient. Now he's looking at something between 11 to 40 years in jail, when he could have spent less than 8.

I personally know a guy who is now denying his child because he's not manly enough to accept the consequences for his actions with his girlfriend, (no protection, etc) and didn't want to deal with any options he DID have before the kid was born. Now the kid is born, and it was proven that he IS the father. She gets no money. The kid doesn't see him. No contact.

A male who won't beat his children, wife, girlfriend, or others. A man who abuses these people is a coward, and until he can learn to deal with his temper in a healthy way, he doesn't deserve either one.

A man can and will defend himself when he is being wronged. This doesn''t mean always being angry and nasty, or abusive, but a man is guy who will stand up for himself.

A woman friend started whining, claiming I owed her this or that. I said "Excuse me? I don't owe you anything, princess... (she starts to whine again)" "Did you live up to your part of the deal? Nope. Like I said, I don't owe you anything." (I was laughing throughout this thing - trying to keep it light, but let her know I wasn't caving in to whining or pouting).

A man is also a male who considers others before himself sometimes.