Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Maybe the Friend Zone isn’t that bad?

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
As long as you're not there permanently.

It definitely helps to establish lots of comfort.

I expect to be ridiculed for this statement.

But the realities of the world are very different from the wannabe macho chest-beating on this site from a bunch of guys who aren't even tough in the first place lol

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at who wrote the article. A woman. Also look at the age range of the success stories (20’s and college students). I’ve even said it’s ok to be friends with a woman in your teens and college days. So now show us the success rates of “friends first” in the 30’s and up crowd. Bet it’s 0.001%.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pssssst.....the secret is to put them in the friend zone, then, you let them find a way out.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a diference in friendzone, and starting as friends, in the first case one side want the other don't and normally the friendzoned (mostly guys) will stay there alwyas waiting for his "big chance" with her, the second they know each other but was dating other people then eventually they hook up

understanding this single diference will be better for you in the long run.

you will also notice if you put a woman in the friendzone she will disapear from your life eventually, guys tend to stay around because most woman love to toss some crumbles on his way

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's put this in a different perspective. The articles say that most relationships start with people who meet in person and establish a real connection. I think it's actually pretty spot on. OLD is a very bad way to find relationship material.

You can't have a real relationship with someone who is incompatible with you, with someone you can't be friends with. You also can't have a proper relationship with women who are broken. Be it either women with the thousand-c0ck-stare, abused women or those who have become fanatical/delusional thanks to ideology. You can have sex with these women, but anything beyond that is wasting your time.

You have to vet a woman, BUT you also can't fix them. Friendship is really the only way to find someone if you want an LTR.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like BS. How are you going to be friends with a girl that you don't find attractive at all and then suddenly change your mind one day and want to date her? Or is this about guys giving up on life and deciding to settle for whatever's at hand?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at who wrote the article. A woman. Also look at the age range of the success stories (20’s and college students). I’ve even said it’s ok to be friends with a woman in your teens and college days. So now show us the success rates of “friends first” in the 30’s and up crowd. Bet it’s 0.001%.
Chad Pitt concurs as written.

bluepilled

Reaction score
I'm assuming she is the one controling the frame (more common). It's hard to make a statement that applies to every interaction a man has with a woman, but you can come out of friendzone if one or more of the following is true:
-she friendzoned you before because she had better options, options that faded away as she grew older; now she views you as someone to settle for, someone "whom she feels comfortable with" and all that sh*t (she might convince herself that this is true so don't hold a grudge);
- similar situation, but you yourself became a high valued man, she noticed it and decided to go in for the kill;
- your might not have become a high smv male, but you stopped being timid and acting like a prude around her and it made her stop perceiving you as a harmless boy.

My advice: don't ever focus on exiting the friendzone. Time better spent doing other stuff

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
A female friend may or may not feel attraction towards you.

If she is attracted, then yes, there is a possibility of hooking up or dating. And I agree that this could potentially lead to a good relationship.

If she is not attracted, then this is textbook “friendzone.” There is virtually no chance of anything sexual/romantic happening.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A female friend may or may not feel attraction towards you.

If she is attracted, then yes, there is a possibility of hooking up or dating. And I agree that this could potentially lead to a good relationship.

If she is not attracted, then this is textbook “friendzone.” There is virtually no chance of anything sexual/romantic happening.
This ^

She has to be attracted to you early-on. It doesn't have to be the first time she meets you, but she has to be attracted enough to you at that point not to have immediately disqualified you as a potential romantic interest. Meaning, she has to be curious about you and watch you. As others have mentioned, it can work very well to let time work in your favor as she learns more about you and sees your value, while you keep her at arms length while giving her just enough breadcrumbs to keep her from giving up on the idea, until you finally make the move on her. However, there are plenty of women who this will never work with because they are so unable to handle rejection that if you don't make the move fairly early on (doesn't necessarily mean the first 1-3 times you hang out but it depends on the girl), they will mentally reject you and that will be the end of any chance for romance.

Any girl who puts YOU in the friendzone will never work (ok I shouldn't use absolutes but its so rare as to not be worth considering IMHO).

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It’s also possible that a female friend or acquaintance initially was attracted to you but has since given up on you because you never made a move.

In other words, you can end up in friendzone because the window of opportunity has closed. She feels rejected and/or her attention has moved on to other sausage. You are then “dead” to her romantically/sexually.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, which is why I mentioned the bit about women who can't handle rejection so will screen you out if you don't make a move by a certain point. I suffered from that in my blue-pill days. Had a handful of women give up on me simply because I wasn't escalating fast enough, all the while I thought I was being "a gentleman". I didn't understand that was the reason back then but since learning game, I think back on my blue pill dating life and see all the mistakes I made.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can speak to that....

Established a new Social circle as a 30 year old, and married. Rich in attractive, active females. Friendzone was established because of existing LTR outside of the social circle , but when that went away due to impending divorce , I found out who was interested Right away.

It all depends on who is the Prize and who is the Player. Build your Female friendships as the Prize, and when you remove the barriers let them come to you.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
It definitely helps to establish lots of comfort.

I expect to be ridiculed for this statement.
No ridicule from me. But I would say "some" comfort,...not a "lot",...just enough for her to feel sure the police aren't going to find her body in a ditch somewhere in the morning. Comfort does not arouse, it does the opposite. It is easier to get a date with a stranger than someone who knows you well. When they don't know you they are curious and want to learn more,...if they know you too well then they are bored with you, and by then you are "just a friend" and kissing you would have that "ick" feeling like kissing her brother or something.