Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Mature" room decoration?

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realize that the room I have now looks almost identical to the room I had when I was in my teens. When I started living on my own I basically took everything from the room I had at my parents place to where I'm living now. But..... I dunno. It looks quite like a teens room still and I'm now 24, almost 25!

So, I want to make my room look more mature (Mostly because I want it to look good when chicks come over.). Especially when it comes to decoration like posters, art, maybe plants? Oh yeah, it is still a room for students so it is only about 12 square meters. It's already pretty full with closets, a bed, a bench, a desk with computer & stereo, a small table in the middle of the room, a tv and a electric guitar with amp. I don't want to change that, but maybe the decoration?

I now have posters of some of my favorite movies: Fight Club & Donnie Darko. Some of my favorite bands: Green Day, Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and a big euhm..... "African table-cover" which you can also use as wall decoration because it is so light. When I bought it a few years ago I thought it looked pretty cool, but now it looks quite hippy/stoner to me.:confused: Never had any bad comments on it though.

But, I just want to make my room look a bit more mature and less teen. Although I have no idea where to begin. So I was wondering what kind of room decorations the 20+ people of sosuave have what they think is pretty cool and/or have gotten positive comments on.

Any other necessities a room of a 25 year old should have: be my guest and tell me!

Thanks guys!

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throw away the posters and get a few real pictures.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think every guy goes through this same dilemma somewhere between 20-25. I used to have cheap bed, band posters up on the wall, video games tossed across the floor, lava lamp, was using a cardboard box as a nightstand...

Then one day I was like f*ck this and I tore those posters off the wall, went to art.com and bought a nice art print, had it framed. Got a designer bed and nice furniture, put some low maintenance plants in the room(like pothos and snake plants) and now people that drop by my pad are blown away that a guy could deck his apartment out on his own. I also bought nice designer furniture and artwork for my living room and dining area. Everything is set up to look minimal and modern. Yeah, so I'd recommend the modern look, because it's kinda unisex so it appeals to everyone, it looks clean and uncluttered. Check this out: http://www.holidaypuertopollensa.com/CVE Web Picture-2.jpg

Pretty nice, only thing missing is some kind of art poster or painting on the wall.