Mature Men of so suave, could you please spare some of your wisdom to a young man?

writhe666

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just turned 22 and I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year two moths ago. Around that same time I had a couple buddies that were going through the same thing, either breaking up or having trouble with their other. I didn't feel too alone and actually got to go out with these guys, bond with them and have a bad-ass time...Now some time has passed and these same buddies have now gotten back or fixed things with their girls...I'm left alone.

It doesn't bother me too much because I now have time to work on my ambitions and goals, but I can't help but get a nagging feeling when I look at my group of friends and how they're all paired up (even the ones that didn't have any problems).

I still talk to my ex, should I give in to the pressure and just try to patch things up?

Is it true that men grow more attractive as time passes In your experiences?

I really don't want to be 30 something and end up with some old cold calculating B^tch that's had her run around the block, or some young immature blond gold digger using me purely for status and money..

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Twenty-two? Please. You've got nothing to worry about. Your friends are fools - they're liable to wind up locked down by the women they tried to dump. You on the other hand are free. Enjoy it. This is your time to gain experience with different women. Go sow your oats.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lololololololololololololol

lolololololololololololololololol

lolololololololololololololololololololol

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 22, if I were YOU, I'd work my tail off to get a high-paying job, at least one that's sustainable, that has a future 20-30 years on down the line, cause, once you're in your late 30s like me, you'd BETTER have fvckin money or you're kinda fvcked. I got young'uns who want me for that success, so they can say their "man is a success." Heh, I'll never cave in to one, though, I would rather have a pre-arranged marriage or be a dictator with a harem than to "get married" as we "get married" in today's standards (which are pretty damn low - commitment is pretty well Gone due to the courts, and a sinister break-up of our families orchestrated by the elites). They want us all in chaos, so that we can be stolen from easier when not looking. It is truly a world of ponzi these days. There are scam artists lurking behind Every corner. Buy an electronic you think is gonna work a while?? eeent, wrong! you get fleeced there too. The bottom line has become the bottom line. Everything is produced these days to squeeze more money outta the multitude of suckers.

writhe666

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the lol's
that really helped.

Ok, well here I should rephrase my question without all the *****ing and whining... In your personal experience, as an older man. Do you find yourself still pulling younger chicks with secondary traits that you like?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of my friends (same age group ones) from my late teens, early 20s are now married with cubicle jobs, crushing mortgage and no life outside of what their wives allow.

I haven't really been in touch with them for a very long time, and I'm glad that's the case.

You can go with the herd, or forge your own path. Up to you. Read this classic post by Pook:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60543

Two paths in love and life. Live your dreams or live other people's dreams. One path is HARD. The other path is EASY. One path leads to SECURITY. The other path leads to FREEDOM.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
writhe666 said:
thanks for the lol's
that really helped.

Ok, well here I should rephrase my question without all the *****ing and whining... In your personal experience, as an older man. Do you find yourself still pulling younger chicks with secondary traits that you like?
This, too, will pass.

I think was a fridge magnet that the late Australian genius Jophil 28 had to look at every day. "Personal" experience, if referring to one man, is a very noisy parameter. It changes in ways you cannot even imagine. What is more or less established is, you're too young to worry about daily details, or your young girlfriend because if experience is a guide, you'll get over it and find out that the human experience is larger than your current situation.

Trying and focusing where you want to imagine yourself when you are thirty should be a bigger concern than what you will do in the relationship department, then. This is serious, especially in a fast changing world. Focus on -you- right now. At least take our word for it and move on with resolution.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
at 22 I graduated and all my ambitions was to build my career and business ,
in 24 I had a high paying job and a starting a small business and all girls was chasing me.
in 26 I started over because of immigration .
now at 30 it is a little hard to get a <23 year wife material woman unless you are really established which I am still not due to process of immigration that consumed my resources and many years of my life .
Focus on building your empire (career/business ) , but do not forget to hunt the good woman , years run quickly .
Every month write a list of what did you added to you life this month , if no thing being added then you are not proceeding .

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
If you are really smart you'll forget about women for a couple years, enroll in school and get a diploma as an Engineer. Then before you take your first job come to Asia, marry a nice girl from the country-side and go back and work on getting us to Mars.

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having recently celebrated my 30th Birthday, i was reflecting on my 20's and I came to the conclusions.

1. I should have spent more time focusing on making MYSELF happy, not others.

2. Focused more time on growing my career, and skills set in different area's

3. Not giving a damn what my so called friends thought of me, and what I did.

4. Should have traveled more in my early 20's.

5. Learn not to take women seriously, and let them effect my mood, thoughts, and ambitions in life. I would seriously recommend staying away from long term relationships altogether, as they're a distraction, and for most guys i know, hinder their progress as men to accomplish their goals. Unless your goal is to settle down, have kids and a mortgage by 30, then good for you. Most guys i know who are married by 30 and have kids regret doing so. Not everyone, but since the recession it has changed the game completely.

I'm 30, single, successful in my field, but never satisfied with mediocrity. The next 10 years i will spend doing the things I love to do, and travel more often, and create the life i want to. If i meet the right person for me in the end, great.

Senzoi

Don Juan
Reaction score
writhe666 said:
I just turned 22 and I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year two moths ago. Around that same time I had a couple buddies that were going through the same thing, either breaking up or having trouble with their other. I didn't feel too alone and actually got to go out with these guys, bond with them and have a bad-ass time...Now some time has passed and these same buddies have now gotten back or fixed things with their girls...I'm left alone.

It doesn't bother me too much because I now have time to work on my ambitions and goals, but I can't help but get a nagging feeling when I look at my group of friends and how they're all paired up (even the ones that didn't have any problems).

I still talk to my ex, should I give in to the pressure and just try to patch things up?

Is it true that men grow more attractive as time passes In your experiences?

I really don't want to be 30 something and end up with some old cold calculating B^tch that's had her run around the block, or some young immature blond gold digger using me purely for status and money..
Get over your need to find a female life bondmate, enjoy the freedom you have to do whatever the h3ll you want, stay single and mingle (if you want to).

Don't give in to the 'pressure'. Learn from whatever you did and let it make you a stronger, better person than before.

Don't look to where your attached friends are with their girlfriends. There is a great likelihood their respective arrangements are taking (if not now, easily in the future) a not-so-marginal toll on their banking accounts. Use this opportunity to expand your monetary base as well as dig into areas of study/work that will benefit your long-term desires the most.

Men -do- grow attractive with passing time, so long as they take advantage of the freedom they have to find a field they enjoy and expand their financial base to accomodate whatever personal pleasures they want to pursue on their own time (travel, foreign languages, riflemanship, creative arts - whatever). Women naturally are attracted to older, more financially secure and 'worldly' men, but doubly so if they don't give a damn and are bold and clear about retaining their bachelor status while playing the field on their terms.

It makes three points clear: You are level-headed enough to establish some goals, patient and persistent enough to achieve them, smart enough not to let anyone manage your own money (re: marriage, etc.) but yourself, and self-aware enough to know exactly what you want to spend your energy on in your free time. This is a standard that goes for anything in life; limiting the purpose of it solely to increase one's success with the opposite sex often encourages the types of imagined 'needs' that result in the exact opposite of what the standard otherwise cultivates.

TheMoscower

Reaction score
Great posts here, valuble for everyone of us.

I am 31 and here is what I can add from my experience.

1. If you are working - work hard. If studying - be the best one. Even if you dont like your job you still have to spend time on it. This time shouldn't be wasted! If you do something - do it as good as you can.

2. Friends, girls, travels - these are the 3 things our young days were given to us. If you are not doing it when you are young - it would be very hard to get the same experience and feelings when you are older. When 30 arrives you should be a person who have tasted a lot.
And dont forget about traveling. Traveling alone or with friends, and traveling with your family - differ very much.

3. Do sport activities all the time. If you are not in a good shape when you are 30 - you are just a fool who lost excelent opportunities on the top of his life. All this guys who drink beer everyday are pitiful. Keep yourself for future wins.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
writhe666 said:
In your personal experience, as an older man. Do you find yourself still pulling younger chicks with secondary traits that you like?
You have to go through a lot of them to find them. But they do exist.

At 22, I think that you're at a good age to start working towards becoming a Prize. In 15 years you'll be at your peak and, if you've grown and taken care of yourself, you'll be an unstoppable force.

http://therationalmale.com/2012/06/04/final-exam-navigating-the-smp/

P.S. My girl is 22 and I'm 38. ;)

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It took me a long time to finally realize it, but in my mid 30's I saw that I had everything all the girls wanted in a man. Oh yes they certainly kept playing their stupid childish games trying to make me think they were the prize. Oh how every one of them is full of schitt. These days I know who the f'ing prize is. Its me. I've finally got the upper hand. I feel like a 24yo HB9 because I did all those things that are mentioned above! :)

My advice to writte666, focus on being a better you. Date around. Blaze your own path. All those buddies of yours will eventually get married and admire you because you went the other route.