Mature guys used to be single, do you still consider ltrs?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are most important red flags?
-Parties a lot with single friends
-has many guy friends and hangs out with them
-Smoking!
-Not level headed
-Doesn't respect other people
-Doesn't have any female friends! - this is a big one

There is a bunch more, but I am sure everyone has their own little red flags though...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give me one good reason for an exclusive relationship.

I'm not a mug like most men. Someone sell it to me.
"In house *****". If she likes to phvck you and likes to help you out in other ways then it's a good thing. No body said she eventually may not cheat, they all don't though. And some women like to do it every day just like us. They want a reliable d1ck provider that's not going around and catching nasties.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had that a few weeks back in a non-exclusive relationship - that was on my terms, and not hers.

Any other ideas?
Part of the exlusive part is she is not supposed to use a lot of time and energy entertaining other opposite sex friends, you are supposed to get 90% of that. SO less flaking, knowing where you stand, your not going to have nights that she decided to take other c0ck and now you can't get none and have to wait 2 nights or whatever her delay is. It's other reasons too.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@deesade

Here's why:
-it gets real old having these shallow relationships, changing out women every few months. Some value a true connection and want more depth.

-The time investment required to keep 3 half-azz women around is far greater than having one solid girl that is all 3 rolled into one.

-I've never had to go with out sechs in an LTR. I've gone with out sechs plenty of times just dating random girls. While you are out pounding the pavement looking for your next replacement, I'm in bed with my girl. ;-)

-I even had my last LTR pay half the bills. She even cleaned my house and did my laundry on a regular basis. I've never got a side girl to commit to all of that.

-Some of us appreciate stability. There is nothing stable about running thru random women. Its full of highs and lows. That always wore on me eventually.

Its ok boss.....we all have different desires. Not every body has to see the world exactly like you do. At some point in your life, you might even begin to look at things differently.

Last edited:

Teddy_Beer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I myself see no point in being in a LTR. I'm not a relationship guy. I'm more of a friends with benifits guy.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex isn't sh*t. Fvcking the same woman over and over isn't anywhere near as enjoyable as gaming new pvssy. It's not even close.
There is a fundamental difference in goals that should be noted in this thread.

Some value variety;
Some value intimacy. Neither is more or less correct.

However variety and intimacy are to a large degree mutually exclusive.

To have real intimacy where sex with a consistent/exclusive partner gets better and better is far better in my view than variety with new partners.

The idea that someone is wrong if they don't subscribe to the variety side of the argument is senseless. Kind of like someone who has never been married calling someone out for being divorced or like a person who never had kids judging a parent's parenting choices. Its mighty arrogant yet absurd. :rolleyes:

To run down those who have different aims in the male/female relations department seems a bit silly.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole "soul mate" deal is a crock of sh!t. Too many people psychologically will marry their parent.... the girl who treats you like the parent you had the most trouble with..... there's a need to try to "prove" you can handle this person now that you are an adult. Of course, this is all subconscious. In the conscious, it's "I know exactly how she thinks, it's like we've been together for years.... she's my soul mate"....

logicallefty

Reaction score
I prefer a LTR. For me the sex is always better with a woman I have been with for a while vs. a one night stand or STR. Plus I think a relationship is more fun overall after you have gone through the first round of screening for major red flags and putting a stop to all of her first rounds of sh|t tests, and deciding if you are going to keep her or give her the boot. Most of my relationships are either less than or equal to 6 months, or, 2-2.5 years. I know typically if we get past the 6 month mark that I have probably another good 18 months. I generally don't expect any longer, although once in a while it happens.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on my own, I've dated around, I've had steady girlfriends. I can do either, I'm flexible. But I enjoy having the regular girlfriend. If one relationship ends, I'll probably end up getting another. Whatever. It's not that big of a deal to me. I won't get married though, too bad of a deal for men these days.

I guess I'm kind of an egotist, I like for the girl to be "all in" on me.

Steady Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
My libido took a dive when I hit 30. I never could tolerate chit tests. I've either pumped and dumped or been dumped myself. No LTRs. I can't miss what I never had.
My vetting starts at the IOI stage. If anything is off I just walk away. For instance I work opposite a pub where a young barmaid was giving me covert IOI. I realised this and paid it no mind. This happened for a few weeks and then one day I see her outside with a fella. Who is obviously her boyfriend.
Anyway the IOIs continue but they're no longer covert.
Skip forward a month later I see this woman straight eye balling me. The old me (of 20 years ago) would've thought my luck's in. But the new me, wanted to know why I was the centre of attention all of a sudden. A little while later the barmaid comes out and starts talking to the woman. They're friends! The barmaid looks at me as she's talking with her friend occasionally doing the same. I knew they were inviting me to participate in their conservation, but the mild levels of disgust I felt at that moment made me turn and leave.

Remember, if a woman openly pursues you it means she's not afraid of a sexual encounter. And for her to arrive at that conclusion, means she's already identified you as a beta with whom she can manipulate. Hence, no fear of the possibility of sex!

Contrast this with the bona fide 10 who works in a building not far from where I work, who in an unguarded moment waved to me and repeatedly does so on occasion.
(In the interest of keeping this honest, I have absolutely no chance with her and we've come to an unspoken agreement where I gaze at her awe inspiring beauty and she acknowledges the attention).
Genuine trumps fake every day. Even when there's no advantage to be had.

Last edited: