Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mathematical cataclysm predictions by Alexander Maratovich Zacharov

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
This guy is a mathematician and is able to predict cataclysmic events via mathematical equations. In the past 4 years he was never wrong.

This is how a prediction graph looks like for month of July 2011: http://life-planet.ru/d/68572/d/616231801_7.jpg

22nd 23rd was predicted, and we got Oslo patsy.

Up next is 25th, 26th, 27th and it is marked as "single dramatic event on general quiet background"

We are going to see this guy prove himself right.

Here is month of August 2011 and others: http://life-planet.ru/grafiki_2011

in August we have sh1t planned 2nd,3rd 5th, 6th, 7th 12th, 13th, 14th etc

This is a type of thing you could verify easily. I want to remind you again he is a mathematician, and these graphics are made using mathematics. Not your algebra obviously.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
In the past 4 years he was never wrong.
Because he hasn't predicted anything concrete. Here's a tip: There's thousands of events happening everyday on earth. Some are good, some are catastrophic. Everyday something horrible happens somewhere.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Yup. Not all that different from a palm-reader. And yet so many people are somehow sucked into believing that crap.
Oh yes, I see here in my crystal ball some good things and some bad things in your future. You will meet someone and you won't get along but soon after this you will meet someone and you'll be inseparable, but something will happen to them and it will change things between you.

It's neat how vague and generic predictions can seem like they're accurate.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crank magnetism is the condition where people become attracted to multiple crank ideas at the same time. Let's put it this way, take a tax protester in the United States. There's a very good chance such a person will also be a Christian fundamentalist, a racist, a conspiracy theorist, a birther, a teabagger, a creationist... this is the general idea. You know that saying about not being so open-minded your brain falls out? People with crank magnetism didn't pay attention to that.

You would think that one odd or crank belief is enough to satisfy people. Consider it a small character flaw, a homage to the irrationality of the human condition. However, people who like conspiracy theories usually like lots of them. Creationists are most likely to be on the right-wing and credulous, while a New Ager is likely to hold beliefs from every corner of the spiritual globe. This suggests that there must be an underlying mechanism or ideal that attracts people to these ideas in general, rather than just the merit of the individual beliefs themselves. People fond of the theory of memetics would recognise this as a meme-plex - a complex array of ideas of cultural significance that work together to reinforce each other - where a central idea allows others to attach themselves very easily.

Another possibility is simply that if one accepts one crank idea, there is logically no reason not to accept any other idea based on the same type of pseudo-reasoning. If the "evidence" and arguments in favor of homeopathy are accepted by a person, it makes sense that they would believe in astrology as well, seeing as it uses the same form of arguments and "evidence".

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Crank_magnetism
So here we have Drdeee, all his conspiracy mongering threads, and now he lets us know he also believes in astrological horoscopes and numerological predictions. Can you say gullible? Hey, I have an island in the South Pacific that I would like to sell you.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
Hey, I have an island in the South Pacific that I would like to sell you.
De Deee, this is a good deal dude. Take him up on it.

n00bPimp said:
I just had to share this map and say that in 2 years of visiting this map on a semi-daily basis, I've never ever seen it this bad. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/
Before you jump to conclusions, look at whether or not more earthquake monitoring stations are being deployed. The increase in recorded activity (as opposed to actual activity) could simply be since we can monitor more frequently than before.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He was definitely right. Existence is not mechanistic, like the old model of Circa 1700's Newtonian conception would have you believe.

Get your heads around new physics, quantum, etc. There is an inter-connnectedness between all things, this is not a crank theory, this is an emerging truism.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Oh he was right eh. I have it bookmarked and use it for monthly overview.

By the way that long horizontal arrow with letters on the bottom says probability of earthquakes.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
He was definitely right. Existence is not mechanistic, like the old model of Circa 1700's Newtonian conception would have you believe.

Get your heads around new physics, quantum, etc. There is an inter-connnectedness between all things, this is not a crank theory, this is an emerging truism.
Your head is missing a few screws. I suggest you use a Titan Torx T-15 screwdriver.

It's called coincidence. Every year, there are over 1,000 earthquakes of 5.0-5.9 magnitude. Every year, there are hurricanes and cyclones in the world. Every year, countless crackpot lunatics make countless predictions and nobody keeps track of their failures—if you keep guessing, keep it vague, you're bound to eventually be 'right' by dumb fückin' luck. Since humans are wired to seek out patterns, it's all too easy to shoehorn random events as fulfilling a vague prophecy, but critical thinking holds predictions must be very precise, detailed, and for the correct reasoning of cause and effect.

Planck's Constant in quantum physics prohibits events on the quantum scale from affecting events on the scale of classical Newtonian physics, which is very much alive, so save your mindless drivel for yourself.

You better get a screwdriver because your brain is falling out and blood is dripping on the floor.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, Rogue. You already do a good job making people look stupid with facts, no need to take it personal. Folks just need something to believe in, and ironically you do too - you believe that sound logic with a side dish of belittling can educate a zealot. It's actually pretty funny to watch, so keep it up :up:

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
lol, Rogue. You already do a good job making people look stupid with facts, no need to take it personal. Folks just need something to believe in, and ironically you do too - you believe that sound logic with a side dish of belittling can educate a zealot. It's actually pretty funny to watch, so keep it up :up:
Exactly. Don't take people's point of views too seriously and you'll save yourself a lot of stress.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
Oh goody, someone here knows quantum physics in and out, and knows how to explain our reality. Please go ahead, I would like to listen.

Oh you don't? You're just reading nonsensical articles by quacks who aren't even worthy of a tabloid?

Rogue said:
YPlanck's Constant in quantum physics prohibits events on the quantum scale from affecting events on the scale of classical Newtonian physics, which is very much alive, so save your mindless drivel for yourself.
I disagree. This article states that the largest object that could exist in different quantum states is observable with a microscope or with the naked eye. It's freaking huge. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8570836.stm

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
Folks just need something to believe in, and ironically you do too - you believe that sound logic with a side dish of belittling can educate a zealot.
People are wired towards belief, so of course. And no, I don't believe these crackpots will listen—because they never do. But they are my intellectual guinea pigs to better understand the psychology of belief, and I always hope someone out there in the wilderness may actually listen.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
People are wired towards belief, so of course. And no, I don't believe these crackpots will listen—because they never do. But they are my intellectual guinea pigs to better understand the psychology of belief, and I always hope someone out there in the wilderness may actually listen.
Maybe that's beneficial to our past survival. A vestigial part of our mind. Would a soldier protect a village if he was to question his own beliefs and do things in a logical manner? Probably not, he wouldn't be very effective. It requires a simple and focused mind to do such a difficult task.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Maybe that's beneficial to our past survival. A vestigial part of our mind. Would a soldier protect a village if he was to question his own beliefs and do things in a logical manner? Probably not, he wouldn't be very effective. It requires a simple and focused mind to do such a difficult task.
To borrow from an example, if you were in the plains of Africa and believed the rustling of bushes was a predator, you'd remain alive. But if you thought it was just the wind and it really was a tiger, you'd be lunch. It's natural selection. The brain is wired to believe because it's safer to believe a false pattern than to ignore a real threat. The brain is awesome at finding patterns, which are necessary to adapt to our environments, but it's not good at discerning real patterns from false ones.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/michael_shermer_the_pattern_behind_self_deception.html