Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Matchmaker setup... blind date

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow or another I got a profile with a couple of local matchmaker service people. These services are real expensive even exceeding $10,000 to sign up. I have never signed up or given any money to one of the services. Every once in a while I get hit up to see if I’m available to go on a date with one of their female paying clients. But here’s the caveat, you can’t see a photo of her and she doesn’t get to see a photo of me before the date. I did one of these dates earlier this year and could’ve saved myself the time and money had I seen her photo first. She just wasn’t my type. The only reason I would even consider it is that given the money that these women are paying they are definitely motivated to date and find a guy for a relationship.

I had 2 of these invites last week, turned them both down because of the no photo policy. They say it’s for confidentiality, but that just doesn’t sit well with me. What are your thoughts?

Billtx49

Reaction score
These services are real expensive even exceeding $10,000 to sign up.

you can’t see a photo of her and she doesn’t get to see a photo of me before the date.

What are your thoughts?
Hookers are less expensive

Hookers look you over and let you see them first…

Get a hooker if you’re considering spending $…

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hookers are less expensive

Hookers look you over and let you see them first…

Get a hooker if you’re considering spending $…
Yea dont spend on a non ho cause you mess yourself up. Keep it secret.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh. You guys are missing the point. Would you go on a blind date such as this?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from. One would think that women on this service (considering the expense) would be of higher caliber and/or more serious about a relationship.

Thirty years ago, I'd have a different view point. In 1989 (before the internet personals) an ex girlfriend of mine paid thousands for a service to meet a like-minded potential husband. They married in 1991 and divorced in 2007. I met him and he was stand up guy. His now ex wife (and later to be my girlfriend) was attractive (I'd give her an "8"). She was also a well established psychiatric nurse.

Keep in mind that the above story took place before the internet. I'd be cautious with this service in today's world. I say this because with the current internet personals, it's basically a "buyers market" for women. Because of these odds on the standard commercial (less expensive) internet personals, a woman of average looks, can typically "date up" (which includes financially successful men).

If a woman has tried the conventional dating sites and been unsuccessful, one has to wonder. My guess would be that the site in question, would host women that are financially successful, but also either heaver in weight and/or appearance-wise, less than average looking.

On the positive side, if you're okay with the sites probability factor, you'd probably meet women that would less likely take a man's company for granted.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh. You guys are missing the point. Would you go on a blind date such as this?
I would BUT I’d make sure she got their first so when I walked in I could sorta scan the place and look for a woman sitting alone to see if she’s worth me going through with it or I go home.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I looked into one of these services about 10 yrs ago. I went down to check it out, I wanted to know how much it cost and what you got for the money. They wouldn't tell me anything til I filled out this long questionnaire, finally I get done and they tell me for $1000 dollars they will give me 8 phone numbers of women I could call to ask out. Im like forget that. They were very high pressure, like buying a time share or something, just would not let up, wanted a check on the spot. Finally I asked where the restroom was, used that and dodged out the back door, made it 20 ft before the girl comes running after me telling me I was cheap and a loser and id never find anyone without their help all the way across the parking lot to my truck. Kinda felt sorry for the people they did rope into paying for this, were obviously con artists preying on the lonely. This place sounds very similar.

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow or another I got a profile with a couple of local matchmaker service people. These services are real expensive even exceeding $10,000 to sign up. I have never signed up or given any money to one of the services. Every once in a while I get hit up to see if I’m available to go on a date with one of their female paying clients. But here’s the caveat, you can’t see a photo of her and she doesn’t get to see a photo of me before the date. I did one of these dates earlier this year and could’ve saved myself the time and money had I seen her photo first. She just wasn’t my type. The only reason I would even consider it is that given the money that these women are paying they are definitely motivated to date and find a guy for a relationship.

I had 2 of these invites last week, turned them both down because of the no photo policy. They say it’s for confidentiality, but that just doesn’t sit well with me. What are your thoughts?
So I used to work for one of these services called "It's Just Lunch". Members pay thousands of dollars to have a personal matchmaker. The employees (matchmakers) get bonuses for "making matches" and the members are guaranteed so many dates based on how much they pay. After the date, I would get feedback from both parties. Not even the members would see the person before the date. The problem became when there wasn't anyone to match a person up to for one reason or another; most of those times were because the member was very unattractive and the matchmaker (employee) would get yelled out by the other member on the follow up call. Sometimes, the member would be so mad, they would talk to your boss.

So basically, that's what you're getting, the unattractive ones that don't have a match and the matchmaker has to match them or they lose their job. The matchmaker probably has a handful of "matches" but doesn't want to ruin the good ones.