Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mastering your dual personality

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always believed that every one of us has a dual personality, often defined by the conscious and subconscious (aka unconscious). If anyone is familiar with Napoleon Hill's books, he addressed this separation and learned how to use it to his advantage...he would even speak directly and aloud to his subconscious.

Haven't we all done this when we tell ourselves "pull yourself together" or "act cool"? You might even use your own name "You can do this, John!" Whereas this is basically your conscious mind talking to your subconscious.

It sounds insane, but when you really pay attention, it's as if you have 2 separate entities living in your body. Your conscious mind is like a parent and the subconscious is like a child who needs direction and needs to be taught how to act.

Many of us function on "autopilot". In other words, we pass our thought processes and our actions over to our subconscious, while our conscious mind just relaxes...and jumps in only when alerted.

The conscious mind is the one that "knows better". It is the entity who reads the information on here, understands it and vows to apply it in his life. The subconscious, however, will often dismiss that information and just act how it's always acted. For example, the conscious mind tells us "don't cal the chick who dumped you" and during moments of daydreaming and relaxation, the subconscious steps in and starts thinking "maybe I should call that chick, maybe she's just playing hard to get and maybe if I wait any longer I will lose out..."

The conscious mind is less clouded by emotion and sees things more objectively, while the subconscious is deeply emotional and very indecisive.

The scariest fact about the subconscious is that it will do things to hurt you, or even destroy you...if you let it. It will feed you negative thoughts, it will fill you with stress, inflict depression, obsess over painful events of the past or worst case scenarios of a future event. It will make you nervous and ruin your chances of success. It can literally snap you out of the present moment, your physical environment and transport you to hell in an instant.

Now, just think how much more we could achieve if we can put our conscious mind in control more often, let it train and direct the subconsious to think positive and to behave constructively.

It's a documented fact that creative and imaginative people (artists, musicians, writers and so on) are more susceptible to depression, suicide and other mental issues than most. My theory is that's because they allow themselves to be controlled by their subconscious. And while that is a great source of creative inspiration, it is a very reckless way to live.

So by mastering our dual personality and giving our conscious minds more control over our lives, we stand to be more composed, more logic driven, more alert and focused, and generally more in control.

Next time you go through a bad break up or rejection, just pay attention to your behaviour...perhaps even keep a log. Watch how your subconscious and conscious mind battle against each other.

This is just a theory, but I'd be interested to hear everyone's take on it.

Ruthless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read Freud. You are vaguely summarizing his early work. Good on you if you developed this independently.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruthless said:
Read Freud. You are vaguely summarizing his early work. Good on you if you developed this independently.
I know he was the one who came up with the theory of the subconscious, but haven't read this theory from him before. I was mostly inspired by Napoleon Hill to be honest and my own experiences of late observing how my mind is working and listening to the mental chatter.

BraddH said:
Everything you wrote her came from your subconscious.
Yes it did, but my decision to write it was a conscious one. :)

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes especially for the fact that I am an introvert. My mind is often obsessed with analytical thoughts and fighting my subconscious. Fortunately my conscious mind is extremely positive and always finds a silver lining. Big fan of your "Get motivated and TAKE CONTROL!" thread. Good stuff....

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Great post.

Yeah, I've also often thought about how destructive the "autopilot" (or subconscious control) can be sometimes. It's like I have to force myself to stay in "manual override" i.e. conscious control in order to do anything constructive.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
It's like I have to force myself to stay in "manual override" i.e. conscious control in order to do anything constructive.
I love that term "manual override". It explains exactly what I'm saying here!

I think many of us have many destructive habits and insecurities embedded in our subconscious and these affect us in a negative way. By manually overriding them all with our conscious mind, we can take back more control.

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
How is what you wrote thought up by your subconscious mind ?

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
very good post mate, well done indeed

pretty much to sum it all up in my perspective is that the conscious mind is the part of your mind that makes all the impulse decisions while the subconscious dwells on facts, theories and general thoughts thus leading to over analysis of the matter at hand.

eg. you go to the counter at a petrol station and BAM theres a special on a chocolate bar. your impulse or conscious mind says "I want it im going to buy it". while your intellect or subconscious says "but do I really need it"

just like girls impulse says "i want to approach her" intellect says "but will she like me? will a stuff it up"

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good thread. If you ask me, the answer to EVERYTHING lies here.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every conscious thought we have is filtered by the subconscious. That's why there are things such as micro-expressions which we aren't even aware of.

I, for one, actually flirt SUBconsciously. I noticed it yesterday. After a workout I went to a shop for a drink. The girl asked me: "Do you want me to open it up for you?", so I replied: "Gladly", but I winked at her (subconsciously), The girl started giggling, and I noticed her colleague gave a funny look. When I realised that I was causing vagina tingles, I started laughing myself. After the girl put the drink on the table, I reached for it, but before grabbing it, I subtly raised my fingers(My conscious mind rationalised that I did this because the top was loose). Then girl waved at me nervously.(my next thought was that I micro-waved at her, subconsciously)

Now she was a fatty, but she was hella cute.

My point is, I winked at her subconsciously, then I waved at her subconsciously.

I must have overridden the point where I have to fake it till I make it. I feel like the fvckin PRIZE. Superman walkin here.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chamber36 said:
Every conscious thought we have is filtered by the subconscious. That's why there are things such as micro-expressions which we aren't even aware of.

I, for one, actually flirt SUBconsciously. I noticed it yesterday. After a workout I went to a shop for a drink. The girl asked me: "Do you want me to open it up for you?", so I replied: "Gladly", but I winked at her (subconsciously), The girl started giggling, and I noticed her colleague gave a funny look. When I realised that I was causing vagina tingles, I started laughing myself. After the girl put the drink on the table, I reached for it, but before grabbing it, I subtly raised my fingers(My conscious mind rationalised that I did this because the top was loose). Then girl waved at me nervously.(my next thought was that I micro-waved at her, subconsciously)

Now she was a fatty, but she was hella cute.

My point is, I winked at her subconsciously, then I waved at her subconsciously.

I must have overridden the point where I have to fake it till I make it. I feel like the fvckin PRIZE. Superman walkin here.
Great stuff. This all points to you being a natural. I find a lot of this stuff happens with me too now. When I first started learning seduction and DJ material, I was very consciously focused on applying it, using techniques, correcting my posture, stopping myself from saying certain things and planning out my conversation. After plenty of practice, a lot of it comes naturally to me now.

It definitely shows that the fake it till you make it strategy can and does work.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

I think everyone has that "natural" inside him.

If you consider the fact that every single one of your ancestors procreated, then it seems obvious that you have it in you to do the same.

The trick is just to integrate it into your personality.

I don't walk tall because I'm faking it. I work out almost every day. I go to school. I try to learn to play guitar. I live on my own. I make sure that my peers respect me. I stay well-groomed. I read books.

These are all things that make me feel confident. It helps that I'm really damn pretty, but I would be no where if I didn't command respect. And I command respect because life has made me hard, which even allows me to empathize with others better.

Don't build on ego on AIR. Invest time.

NewJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool observations.

The scariest fact about the subconscious is that it will do things to hurt you, or even destroy you...if you let it. It will feed you negative thoughts, it will fill you with stress, inflict depression, obsess over painful events of the past or worst case scenarios of a future event. It will make you nervous and ruin your chances of success. It can literally snap you out of the present moment, your physical environment and transport you to hell in an instant.
I will stand up in favor of the subconscious just by saying this:
the subconscious is an endless ocean of information which is slowly filling up the shallow waters of the conscious mind.

If you look to the horizons of your life, the places where you are confused and growing and changing - those places are being licked by the waters of the subconscious.

If the conscious mind ever achieved complete control, the mind would become a stagnant pond. In fact, to the extent that the conscious mind *does* achieve control, the mind does stagnate.

All the things you mention that "wreck" a man - depression, embarrassing himself, losing jobs, bad circumstances - those accelerate his personal growth very quickly. We are meant to collide with life, and even be partially destroyed by it. Thats what our souls have planned.

However, what we ourselves have planned, is to become upwardly-mobile yuppies (or successful folks) with great jobs, great girlfriends, lots of disposable cash, and basically some more or less sublimated version of the rock star lifestyle. We really dont have times for problems, tears, depression, or failed opportunities.

From this point of view, the higher intelligence in the subconscious mind looks down on the conscious mind, seeing thats its uppermost priority is to avoid a 2-year sexual dry spell, and laughs hysterically at its short-sightedness and lack of vision. It has a bigger dream for us than mere 'success'.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After doing some reading, I realise there's a lot of different opinions about what the subconscious is and in many interpretations, it can be extremely valuable and tapping into it can provide a wealth of productive answers and help.

So let's disregard the labels...my point is that we could benefit in great ways if we can learn to remain present and aware more of the time and stop ourselves from drifting onto autopilot or into daydreams.

This is something I've been working on a lot lately and I'm becoming aware of my posture, composure and many habits, and trying to make a conscious effort to improve on them.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
The hope is that the autopilot would eventually reprogram itself (slowly over time) while we force ourselves to do things right/correctly. So in theory, it should get easier as better habits are formed.

But even if doesn't get easier and/or the good habits don't fully "stick," we know what we have to do. Plenty of successful people continue to "force" themselves to do the rights things even after many years.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with this very much. I've been drinking a lot in the last few years, as well as abusing benzodiazpines, and sometimes other pills.
I know its bad for me physically and mentally. When my subconscious becomes strong, I wasn't to use. The more I use the stronger my subconscious gets.

That also goes with breaking nc, supplicating, dlv, or developing oneitus.
All of these things are brought on by emotions, or cues by your subconscious.

When I read this, it made me think of the little devil, and little angel on your shoulder.
I read once that you can't control your subconscious, just like you have no idea what you will start thinking about 30 secs from now.
What you can do is learn to watch your subconscious from outside, instead of being in your subconscious.