"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Masculinity/femininity

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Hi guys, I recall Pook made a post that struck me a while back about how men have a percentage of feminity in them, and vice-versa, and people usually look for partners that "complement" them, meaning that they have the same percentages of both sexes in them.

That article struck me so much that I decided to do an oral presentation in my Philosophy class in college about it. I've been looking for info on the internet for a while, and I couldn't find any valid sources with that theory other than in Pook's post, and he doesn't specify any sources.

The problem is that I don't know exactly what to look for. Here are the keywords I've used lately: genetic determinism, gender roles, gender functions, sex/gender distinction, biological sex

Because it's a Philosophy class, I need to relate this to a philosophical concept, which in my case would be biological determinism.

My biggest problem, though, is that I don't know what to talk about exactly, and my oral presentation is in two days... And I find the subject of masculinity and femininity very interesting. If you have any sources, websites, books, anything about this, you're MORE THAN WELCOME :)P) to post them here. That way, the people on the board will be more informed about sexual differences, and I might actually get some help for my oral presentation, since I'm in pretty deep doodoo now...

Thx in advance.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I'll go back and look at my Social Psychology notes, as well as Family Studies. I don't we did anything EXACTLY that discussed that ratio concept.
 

Pook

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2000
Messages
571
Reaction score
418
Location
Nirvana
http://www.theabsolute.net/ottow/sexcharh.html

As far as 'philosophers' go, Otto Weineger does, in my opinion, the best job. Most theories on sexuality are based the basis of Freud (Camille Paglia is a big Freud fan). I haven't been able to prove Weineger wrong. But he has to be wrong because his philosophy led him to the House of Beethoven where he shot himself.

What you're looking for would be under "The Laws of Sexual Attraction."

The chapter of "Women and her significance to the Universe" ought to be required reading for the Don Juan. In it, it explains women's true nature is that of 100% sexuality, that her nature is union, either in marriage or sexual congress. It also explains why there are no great women philosphers, mathematicians, etc.

If one gets stuck reading Weineger and becomes melancholy, a good antidote would be Shakespeare. Shakespeare got me out of Weineger's twisted little hell.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Amazing. That's more than all I will ever need for my course, and a good addition to my daily readings for the next week. Thanks :)
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
[Sarcasm on] WOW! I can be stupid, lie & act like a slut! I never knew it was perfectly natural female behaviour![Sarcasm OFF]

Engetsu~ Don't forget to include this passage.

The emancipation of woman is analogous to the emancipation of Jews and negroes. Undoubtedly the principal reason why these people have been treated as slaves and inferiors is to be found in their servile dispositions; their desire for freedom is not nearly so strong as that of the Indo-Germans. And even although the whites in America at the present day find it necessary to keep themselves quite aloof from the negro population because they make such a bad use of their freedom, yet in the war of the Northern States against the Federals, which resulted in the freedom of the slaves, right was entirely on the side of the emancipators.

Although the humanity of Jews, negroes, and still more of women, is weighed down by many immoral impulses; although in these cases there is so much more to fight against than in the case of Aryan men, still we must try to respect mankind, and to venerate the idea of humanity (by which I do not mean the human community, but the being, man, the soul as part of the spiritual world).

The problem of woman and the problem of the Jews are absolutely identical with the problem of slavery, and they must be solved in the same way. No one should be oppressed, even if the oppression is of such a kind as to be unfelt as such.


It's nice to know Otto Weineger was a Nazi sympathizer & racist
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
490
Reaction score
6
Age
47
Judge the man not by the standards of today. YOu must judge him by according to the context of the reality he lived. Obviously it is wrong to be a Nazi. I am not supporting Nazis at all. But in Ottos world it wasnt any more dispicable to a anti Jew in 1930s Germany that it was to be anti Arab at noon on 9/11.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
maybe you could compare jew/arab society/traditions to that of other cultures. the role of hte man vs women in families.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Engetsu,

I talk of complementary natures of the male and female in my thread "The natural order of things - sexuality defined and explained!" - it is currently on page 2.

See what applies to the topic of your speech. If you use it for your composition and presentation, I want some compensation. :)
 
Top