Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mary Jane

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay does anyone think Mary Jane holds you back from gaming women? Like I've been a heavy user since around 15 year old ... 32 now and am currently on day 5 cold turkey. This sh!t is hard, the withdrawals are real man insomnia, sweats, loss of appetite, sick, irriatable and loads others, but it's weird as my personality is already changing .. I have social anxiety and it's definitely worse while using. Anyone been through something similar. The worst part is it feels like I've lost an arm or my best mate haha. Gonna keep on pushing through it and hopefully things will change for the better. Thanks

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta be clean. I haven't smoked, and never will. Never used drugs and don't plan to. I never even had a sip of liquor in my life. Have I had access to it? Psshhht if I really wanted to, I could go ahead and get some crystal if I wanted to. Coke would be even easier. But I don't even drink coffee or even pop (no caffeine). I try to eat healthy too. It took some time for me to notice myself being stronger than others, but it's there. Now that I'm older, the difference is pretty significant. This is building the foundation of my body so I'm making sure it build it strong. I don't ever fall under peer pressure either so I'm really doing pretty well in terms of outward physical health.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Okay does anyone think Mary Jane holds you back from gaming women? Like I've been a heavy user since around 15 year old ... 32 now and am currently on day 5 cold turkey. This sh!t is hard, the withdrawals are real man insomnia, sweats, loss of appetite, sick, irriatable and loads others, but it's weird as my personality is already changing .. I have social anxiety and it's definitely worse while using. Anyone been through something similar. The worst part is it feels like I've lost an arm or my best mate haha. Gonna keep on pushing through it and hopefully things will change for the better. Thanks
So you've anesthetized yourself from life for 17 years and now feeling the consequences. Problems will be there, along with a chance for some real life feelings to acclimate to.

Last edited:

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you need to switch to some more Indica dominant strains...

Cannabis smoking now days is like finding a wine you like...

Everything in moderation and at the right times...

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will only hold you back if you let it hold you back. I have also been smoking since I was 15. I have quit many times. I usually go around 4-5 months and always end up going back to it.

The withdrawals wont last long. Take some kind of sleep aid for the insomnia.

What I have found that works for me is to control it. I don't smoke until I'm home for the night. That way, I'm done with all my social interactions for the day. You don't need to be stoned all day long.

youngprodigy

Don Juan
Reaction score
When i smoke weed it makes me pretty self conscious in social situations unless I'm with other stoners. If it holds back with talking to and meeting new women then I suggest you control your use

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About that indica.

Try 'girl scout'

CBDs mellow you out. Could help.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with over-coming your addiction. It will be tough, but it can be done. Hang in there!^^

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Good question. As a general rule, weed and women don't mix. It's great that you quit and are going through night sweats (this is normal - for 40 days after you quit). You'll lose weight and your eyes will look clearer, and you will score way more. I've been a user since age 14 so it's not unhealthy, but I'm due for a 60 day quit myself.

That said, my last girlfriend and I would smoke after sex every time, and we would have sex again - every time.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MJ isn't as physically addictive as it's psychologically addictive.

There are two kinds of smokers:

1) Stoner dudes
You smoke all day. Taking rips in the morning. In the evening. With your mates. After work. Before work. Your life revolves in the "stoned" state of mind.

2) Connoisseur
You have a great lifestyle. You workout. You eat great. Study hard. Do productive activities with your mates. Stay groomed. Smoke good reefer in a party to chill sometimes.

Either your lifestyle compliments MJ or MJ compliments your lifestyle, just like women.

I shifted from 1 to 2 after HS, and it's easy. It'll get better.

Just refrain for a couple of months to show yourself you can. It's not like blow or smokes that if you touch it again you are hooked as hard again.

You'll still enjoy it here and there down the line, just put in massive effort to shift from the former kind to the latter.

Last edited:

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input, I almost crumbled last night but didn't and this morning I'm so happy that I didn't. But it does effect everyone different but for me being off it is the best route ... people are in denial with this drug and make excuses to smoke it, I however do not ... I know I've abused it and am now trying to change my ways.

As for women, I am much more alert and quick on he banter mark when been off it for a few weeks, so therefore brain cells must be multiplying again haha.

I'm also in the middle of setting up my own business, so that's another reason not to have it as nothing will get done.

Thanks guys

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two types of drug users; those who can enjoy them casually, and addictive personalities who abuse. A good question to ask is why you do it.

I was an addict / abuser for pretty much all my late twenties, pretty much until a couple of years ago.It cost me a number of relationships, friendships and a whole lot of wasted potential. I still abuse alcohol from time to time, but gradually getting better with that as well.

Would agree with the comments re. different strains. Even look at some resin rather than going straight cold turkey. It took me a good couple of years to withdraw completely. You need a pretty iron clad will to succeed with cold turkey. I still enjoy the odd smoke (both weed and tobacco), but don't 'need' it like I used to. This fills me with hope regards booze as well, because I do like a beer and cigarette on a sunny afternoon.

My experience:
-Distance yourself from supply as much as possible for a good couple of years.
-Find an activity that you enjoy to supplement your withdrawal; preferably one that will suffer if you smoke.
-It is possible to with draw from being an addict to a being a casual user, and I think it's healthier than saying never again. Never again is just a denial, likely to fail, or be transferred elsewhere unless it's a serious problem.

Probably good to go cold turkey for a few months to start with though.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a heavy, heavy user for 20 year - 2 months clean.

I was smoking a quarter every 4 days which is ridiculous.

One day, I looked at my lethargic lifestyle, my untidy and dirty flat, my hacking chest and had to concede that all the BS I fed myself for years was complete BS. It was affecting my work, my relationships. I was always paranoid, sometimes delusional.

On giving up I decided to do OLD and have had multiple lays and decent plates. I am actually spending more on women than I would do on weed, but boy is my life more fun.

Go cold turkey. I found:

- Terrible sleep for first 1-2 weeks, sweats, vivid dreams. Sleep which is not quite sleep.
- Memory got WORSE before it got better.
- Digestive system didn't work for 2 weeks. Don't eat fat.

Now, I don't actually feel that much different. I do almost the same things but my flat is tidy, my appearance is better. No big bags under eyes, no nodding off in the afternoon. Far less paranoia and fear.

Now, I never said never, in fact I had a puff of someone elses this weekend and enjoyed it highly. I just no longer buy it. Saying never is the wrong move. It's weed, not heroin. Just don't buy your own.

Pot ruined a lot of my life and many of my friends lives. I never knew how I managed to be a success with it 24/7.

I scoff now at some of the jokes on facebook about "addictive weed". It is, if you're like me, if I had some now I would be high until it ran out.

Cannot endorse ditching it enough, 2 weeks of pain, another 2-3 of mild discomfort. You will end up doing all the same things you did when high, and you won't notice it not being there.

For me, what stopped me quitting is "how can I enjoy x/y/z, it's better with a smoke" It really is not different, it's perception.

Oh, and get some sleeping pills for the first few weeks.

I had more sex in the 2 months giving up than I did in the 1 year before quitting. Hits my sex drive hard, and relinquishes the ability to do anything constructive.

I would disagree with above - go cold turkey, throw everything out of your house. I flushed an eight down the toilet,with all my paraphanelia in the bin. YOU ARE GIVING UP NOTHING. YOU ARE GAINING EVERYTHING!

Good luck!

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MJ isn't as physically addictive as it's psychologically addictive.

There are two kinds of smokers:

1) Stoner dudes
You smoke all day. Taking rips in the morning. In the evening. With your mates. After work. Before work. Your life revolves in the "stoned" state of mind.

2) Connoisseur
You have a great lifestyle. You workout. You eat great. Study hard. Do productive activities with your mates. Stay groomed. Smoke good reefer in a party to chill sometimes.

Either your lifestyle compliments MJ or MJ compliments your lifestyle, just like women.

I shifted from 1 to 2 after HS, and it's easy. It'll get better.

Just refrain for a couple of months to show yourself you can. It's not like blow or smokes that if you touch it again you are hooked as hard again.

You'll still enjoy it here and there down the line, just put in massive effort to shift from the former kind to the latter.
I tried this over and over. I couldn't do it, you are a better man than me if you can.

Alcohol, I can go weeks without and then drink till I can drink no more. Weed is just too damn nice to ride the high all day. Just unobtrusive enough to make dependency easy.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least you guys are honest.
I dont smoke, did 2x when i was <20 with really no response.

Anyways my ex said she smoked daily fir 4 years until she got pregnant, ALWAYS wanted to do it again and said there is NOTHING wrong with it or doing it daily.

I disagreed, anything u do daily to get buzzed/high has an effect on your life and lack of being active.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried this over and over. I couldn't do it, you are a better man than me if you can.

Alcohol, I can go weeks without and then drink till I can drink no more. Weed is just too damn nice to ride the high all day. Just unobtrusive enough to make dependency easy.
I keep reminding myself of Robert De Niro's quote.

"Don't let yourself become attached to anything you can't walk away in 30 seconds flat when you feel the heat around the corner"

I don't see anything harmful in MJ personally, just that when I sense myself becoming dependent on something I try to maintain detachment.

None of that "You'll become a homeless druggie or a loser" non-smokers keep screaming. Fvck that.

Smoke if it doesn't affect your life, health, finance and looks. I actually worked out better stoned.

Just be aware who's frame you are operating in, yours or Mary's.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least you guys are honest.
I dont smoke, did 2x when i was <20 with really no response.

Anyways my ex said she smoked daily fir 4 years until she got pregnant, ALWAYS wanted to do it again and said there is NOTHING wrong with it or doing it daily.

I disagreed, anything u do daily to get buzzed/high has an effect on your life and lack of being active.
This is the issue with weed. Not bad enough to seriously affect your life - but enough to put you at 75% forever.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He'd probably be proud that his dad made some good sh!t.

The exact recipes for the "anointing oils" used in the Bible are not known. The oils were heated, so if they did contain cannabis, the oil could make a person high when absorbed through the skin. It was typically a ceremonial affair, so everyone being high on something is not out of the question.