Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Married girl - thinking of divorce.

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have known this girl for 6 or 7 years by now.

Cute thing, and far more intelligent than the average girl. Not without a fair share of drama, though.

She was attracted to me (and I to her) the first time we met (at work). Unfortunately I had no idea what to do about it and how to talk to girls in general. She basically followed me around and I was an authority figure to her. She was quite open sexually when talking with me. Yet I did not ask her on a date and she moved to another country soon after. We called on some rare occasions, but in general we had no contact for the next 3-4 years... until she noticed and approached me on a cruiseferry. Turned out she had been married and had a child. (She is 26, he is 44) She enjoyed my company, and talked about her life. Turned out that she is living separately from her husband (he is in her home country) and they seldom see each other. He is paying her bills, however.

We kept seeing each other more and more, and I visited her several times when I was travelling. She made a point of always keeping my visitations secret from her husband - as she occasionally had other people around who could have told him I was visiting. As we met more and more, she became more open about her marriage. Telling me that she is considering a divorce. She even made a few hints of us two being together some time in the future. I did not take that too seriously. Firstly, she has a child - something that turns me off a bit - and secondly I had a few other girls I was more interested in. I even asked her opinion about a few of them. She would even act as if she were my girlfriend when I asked her to do so. She respected me and would take everything I said seriously. She would even make assumptions of me on a grand scale.

Thing turned unexpectedly when she called me - telling me - out of the blue - that her husband has been drinking (again) and told me she was thinking of walking away. After listening to her - the man was really a beta, according to her - I gave her some advice as to what to do, and in the end told her to walk away, but also warned her that I would not talk about the same subject in the future in case she would not listen to me. I am genuinely annoyed when people come to me with the same problems again and again, and let her know about that. She informed melater that she decided to stay for the time being, to see if their relationship works out. We have been calling more than previously since then, and she has always texted me back in case she has been unable to take my call, and has always called back as soon as she was able.

I was travelling by boat a few months later when I saw her and her husband. She want home, while her husband returned the next day, and invited me to have drinks with him. He told me how he is grateful for me being a good friend to her wife. (He has obviously no idea how often I have been visiting her) He was surprisingly intelligent and well meaning, and we had some interesting discussions. He even proposed a partnership of sorts, but never came through on his part.

A month or so later the girl calls again, telling that her husband has a become suicidal and that she is afraid for herself and her son. Again, she told me a bit later that it resolved itself.

We called a week or so back and it turned out that she is going home (without her child) on the same boat that I am travelling, this Saturday. She propsed we share the cabin. It was OK by me and she asked her husband, if he agreed to it. Called me back shortly and told me he had told her to have a go.

Now I am a bit unsure as to where I stand. Should I take her as a friend, or should I make a move - given she shows more signs of walking away from the marriage? I am more than certain, that her relationship will come up in discussion.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Cancel and eject. You are overcomplicating your life, do yourself a favor, get out of this relationship, go no contact. Meet a young, single woman and start over new. Why people get into stup1d sh1t like this is beyond me. If its complicated, you are not doing it right.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a fücking soap opera! Why have this in your life, man? You're alike a free psychiatrist/life coach for this chick and you're not even banging her, so you're getting very little out if this ordeal. Tell her to stay with her husband and to call you when she's divorced. She chose to marry that simp, so let her own it and have the life she chose.

Stay text buddies at most. Ideally, abandon ship (all pun intended).

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
"I'm gonna divorce my husband" is the oldest lie in the book. Pretty much every cheating wife (or soon to be cheating wife in your case) uses this line. Then they stay married and have an affair for the next two to ten years.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Steyr,
Oh Mate,you are a Railway crash waiting to happen...the big problem is not her theatrics,but her kid..."Firstly, she has a child - something that turns me off a bit"...well if you feel like this now,how will you feel in a couple of years when after paying his Bills he disrespects you,and comes between you and his Mother...You have other options!why throw yourself away because this Girl respects you now...Remember "now"is a very ephemeral thing for Females...come between her and her child and find out how long it lasts!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
"I'm gonna divorce my husband" is the oldest lie in the book. Pretty much every cheating wife (or soon to be cheating wife in your case) uses this line. Then they stay married and have an affair for the next two to ten years.

haha exactly true, I've seen this play out so many times.

Styr- this sounds like a big mess. Not sure why you would want to entertain something guaranteed to blow up in your face.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Men who date married women are beta. Could there be a clearer sign of oneitis?
of course it is, he pretty much said it, he wanted her before but couldn't ask her out. thing I want to know is why teh hell you are losing so much years with her? dude just disapear.... serious its not friendship what you have..... youa re a damn backup last plan.

abe0

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Run Forrest Run!!! With so many women out there why get involved with a married one who will start a hellish divorce process and who has a small kid.....this aint good unless all you guys want is a good f*ck without commitments....But she will get needy and need another man to take care of her....sooo ...bail out. Be a friend...nothing more. Abe IMHO

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't support her disloyal behavior. There are plenty of single, unmarried women out there.

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have said so to begin with. I am not really interested in "dating" the girl. I am quite happy being friends with her and having her look up to me. Now, if I would get some benefits, then I would not mind.

She knows that I am interested in other (specific) girls - heck, she even assumes I have been sleeping with a few of them. Also, she would gladly be a wingwoman for me, if I only were to ask her.

But what I meant was, that if she is thinking of me just as a friend, then there would really be no reason for her part to keep our doings secret from her husband? On the other hand, that would make more sense if she would want to escalate it. Or am I mistaken?

IGotGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every single response has been telling you to get the FVCK out of dodge, yet you still seem like you think it's a good idea.

You said earlier you get annoyed when people ask advice and don't take it and come back to you with same problem.

YOU are being that person right now. Don't be your own worst enemy bro. Thats a bad situation for you.

EJECT ASAP

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ended up going together with her. She asked if she could take her son with her on the last minute, which I let her do.

Maybe I have been too emotionally involved with her at some point, but I let her know - subtly - that I am not interested in her. I find it quite disrespectful telling on the last minute that she wants to have her child with her. Perhaps I'd want to have a good nights sleep, or just peace and quiet. Not that I dislike children. Still, she respects me as a friend - perhaps even somebody to fall back to if her marriage goes south - but I won't have anything to do with it any longer. At least I got the benefit of her insisting on paying for my meal and a few other favours. And she did not even talk much about her relationship once I let her know that it is none of my business. Got aquainted with a few female crewmembers too, so I can't really complain.

There can't be anything bad in having her just as a friend.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you arent going to listen to 12+ experienced guys here all telling you to eject and save yourself, then you deserve whatever happens to you.

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Yes there is, you're wasting time that could be spent cultivating real friendships with quality individuals. Opportunity cost.
Well, I would have been on that ship with or without her. And I did see and meet quality individuals onboard. Only spent a few hours with her.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Why are you NOT walking away from this situation?
Because he has a boner for this chick the size of Florida!

Styr said:
Ended up going together with her. She asked if she could take her son with her on the last minute, which I let her do.

Maybe I have been too emotionally involved with her at some point, but I let her know - subtly - that I am not interested in her. I find it quite disrespectful telling on the last minute that she wants to have her child with her. Perhaps I'd want to have a good nights sleep, or just peace and quiet. Not that I dislike children. Still, she respects me as a friend - perhaps even somebody to fall back to if her marriage goes south - but I won't have anything to do with it any longer. At least I got the benefit of her insisting on paying for my meal and a few other favours. And she did not even talk much about her relationship once I let her know that it is none of my business. Got aquainted with a few female crewmembers too, so I can't really complain.

There can't be anything bad in having her just as a friend.
You've been had friend.

Next time just say no to married women. Especially when they have kid(s) in tow.

Read everything on this site!

SH

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, if she's not adding anything to YOUR life, she shouldn't be a friend. She can be someone you know...

I would have told you the same thing the first batch of posters did, but I didn't think you needed the SAME advice a dozen times and ways.

Next thing you know, we'll hear how she had him babysitting on the trip....

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly, I am thankful for the advice. I did not expect anything serious from this girl. i.e her potentially willing to cheat/go against his husband, and her being with a child. Not that I would have said no had she clearly expressed her wishes. And even then it would probably have been a one time affair. Anyway...

The thing is that my trip had already been confirmed when I posted this topic. What I asked was whether or not I should pursue this or not. All of you clearly said that I should not. So I did not. She tried to draw me in in the beginning, but I showed her I was not interested. I had other things to do on the ship and I did not let her distract me.

I am still friends with her - not simply an aquainaintance or somebody whom I know. We seldom communicate, but she trusts me whenever we do. And no, I am not helping to solve her emotional drama. I still fail to see how considering her a friend could hurt me. I am not doing anything from my part to get together with her. Is it somehow frowned upon as a Don Juan, or an Don Juan apprentice to have female friends? I mean friends of my choosing. i.e excluding being friendzoned.

Now I do not know who the Jack is that I am referred to, but I do not like being insulted for no obvious reason (not obvious to me, at least). I do not like being insulted at all for that matter. Critique is always welcome. This however is not it.

Polish Rifle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with the previous guys on the thread. I have been in a similar situation and was blind to it, while in the midst of it. You are in an emotional affair, and you never want to be with a woman who is trying to get her emotional needs met outside of her current relationship.

Above somebody said, men who date married women are beta. I used to be that and I've had to reclaim myself as an alpha. You're better than this situation. You have to believe that. Otherwise, you're just adding more stress and complication into your life. It's hard but just exit the situation. It can't serve you.