Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marriage

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a quick thought guys.

Who do you know, and what have been the results of people who have married with their head or their heart? Or both?

Do you think any is more likely to result in a good long-term marriage? I personally know a few people who have done one or the other, and none of them have worked. I am yet to meet a man who has been with a woman for years, is still in love with her, still thinks she is the right girl, and then marries her.

Thoughts and opinions?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: It requires both

Originally posted by swampwiz
I find that the best aspect of DJ training is that it helps to teach us how to stir a woman's heart.
I dont actually agree with this 100%. From my experience, a girl either falls in love with you, or she does not. If its not there, no matter what games I pull, it will not work. It is just something that is uncontrollable and can not be changed. But then again, I play the games with all my girls, so maybe those who have fallen from me have so due to the games, and the others may have not fallen for me regardless. :confused:

Guess, its just something I will never know.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro..I've talked to a couple that was married 63 years..

I asked them what was the secret..

They both said the same thing...the biggest knock on the youth today. They see it in their grandkid's and kid's marriages/divorces.

SOCIETY TODAY IS TOO FAST FOOD.

Grass is greener on the other side. Too many people are quick to bail out if its not working their way. In 63 years..yes..how the hell do you stir that fire? You know what...you don't...what the hell is there to stir?

IMO...you get lucky. You find a woman that you can be compatible with, find a woman that forgives, and find a woman that will work with you....but you have to offer her the same...nothing less.

I think it comes with age. Being selfish when you are younger...getting older and accomplish as much as you can...then settle into a life you can share and be less selfish with...

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, but being married to the same female for 63 years sounds more like punishment to me, than something to strive for...

The real question is: What is the point of trying to have some long-term marriage record?

Besides, most of the ones married for so long are some hicks from out in Nebraska somewhere. In the city there is too much temptation (fast food?)

You will never overcome the tempation in our modern society. You cannot turn back the clock nor take women out of the workplace. You cannot return to the days when women were "virtuous" and did not wear mini skirts, etc, etc. Our society is what it is...

Nostalgia is foolish. I neither want to live in the 1800s, want to live in Nebraska, nor want to be married 63 years...a life without parole!!

Dietzcoi

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There really has to be the heart - the emotional desire - or the partner will not "feel" like being married. But careful use of the head will allow a partner from making a bad choice to be with someone who he cannot live with.
I like Swamp's comment, I think that is very, very, close.

I lived with a woman I had the total heart for - and in some ways still do - but my head said no.

Now I have the opposite. The head is telling me the current girl would be a perfect wife - but my heart is not there.

But then again - I wonder if I found some of both, would I still make another excuse?

Only time will tell.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Married for almost 9 years now. Before me, my wife used to date (i.e. screw) E.R. doctors and radiologist at the hospitals she worked for. I myself hit it with strippers, psychos, groupies, nicegirls, not-so-nice-girls, striving actresses, performance artists, and any other hot girl I thought would be a fun ride on any given night.

One thing I can tell you about marriage is that both sexes marry for essentially the same reason, not with the heart, not with the head, but simple opportunism. Like anything else in life, we want the best results for our personal investments. Every person is intimately aware of their own conditions; whether they're conscious of them or not, we all have an accute understanding of what our own necessities dictate. We are also, whether we're cognizant of it or not, aware of our own advantages and disadvantages and understand what we can, in at least a rudimentary form, expect in exchange for these positives and negatives.

Human beings, like most animals, make natural evaluations and comparissons. And like any other animal we base our decisions on the option that gives us and/or our offspring the best chance of survival and potential for future reproduction. Given a choice between the smal or the big apple we tend to opt for the big one. Whether we acknowledge this fact or not is where we ask questions.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, NewMan, I am in exactly the same boat as you, although I just broke up with the one the head was there for. Lol, I think I just make an excuse for every girl.

Dietzcoi, what you say is EXACTLY what my father used to tell me. Society just changed, and there is just too much temptation.

Rollo, interesting philosophy. I cant say I agree, as I think if I meet a woman I love that is not an attention *****, I would keep her around for a long long time. Trouble is, most hot girls (maybe any girl whatsoever), are pure attention *****s! Well at least the ones I could see myself falling in love with anyways!

coffee&wine

Reaction score
Couples should get a crash course in Divorce Science before getting married, just so they know what they're walking into.

Else, agree with dietzcoi.

I always wondered why so many of my married-with-children neighbours so kinly hose clean their driveway and sidewalk for hours on end on Saturdays, only to repeat it on Sundays....

Solo and loving it,
cw