Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marriage Topic: The Prenuptial Agreement

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of men's biggest fears due to the rise in feminism has been asking a woman he wants to marry to sign a prenuptial agreement to protect his own assets and to provide her some guarantees if they do end up separating. The excuse most commonly give is "Why get married if you are planning the divorce before you even do?". A pre-nup is like taking your wife to a ****tail party and introducing her as "My future ex-wife Svetlana."

This is a widely debated topic and a very sensitive one, so lets dig into it here!

If preserving romance is the main purpose of all marriages, well then marriage would not exist.

Marriage is the most demanding contract any person ever signs and the marriage contract is infact a government created prenup. Having a lawyer create your marriage contract/prenup and having her agree to the terms can benefit both parties now and into the future and if god-forbid you seperate through divorce.

Why should Signing that marriage "contract certificate" beOK, but signing a prenup agreement that protects previous assets is not?

Two people can have more romance in their marriage than anyone else in the world, but it is still a marriage contract certificate that they signed...with all the legal and financial implications it has. Validating the contractual aspects of marriage does not negate, antagonize or stand in the way of romance. Quite the contrary, when the married couple have understanding and agreement about money and other legal obligations of marriage, the romance increases.

A well prepared prenup, will protect the man's previous assets and income, something Mrs. new wife will have done nothing to create or help create.
And it should protect her as well by establishing a specific amount based on the number of marriage years, not lifestyle.
Again, kids are a complete different beast altogether.
Leave them out of any prenup you may consider getting.

Excuse often given: A man who is not willing to risk everything he has to get married should remain single.
Answer: Where is the logic to sentencing a man to eternal singlehood just because he wants to protect his family assets?

Prenups that protect both partners are everywhere and all over the place.
In fact, designing a fair prenup that protects and provides for both parties is the best way to keep it within the 'ironclad' status.
I'll send you a copy of mind if you want to leave the oor open to information.

There is a popular misconception about those with some level of wealth because of the high income they earn.
Along with that high income usually come higher financial responsibilities and committments.

Of course a marriage is a contract, not only because it requires a signature, but also because as you enter into it you assume responsibilities that you wouldn't have otherwise. If your girlfriend goes out and wrecks someone else's car you are not liable, but if it's your wife you are. So to see a marriage as not a contract is not dealing with reality. Of course it's not very romantic, but neither are all the sacrifices that are required to make a marriage work.

Thoughts?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read prenups are not overly dependable, and have a variety of situations where they can be made to be void. The short answer i've heard is don't rely on them. Marrying wisely (or not at all) is your best defense.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this day and age I would recommend a pre-nup for any man that is entering a marriage with more assets than his future wife. When she decides to tear your heart out by sleeping with the pool man or some other whacked-out female action you might be spared the food banks. The emotional damage is easier and quicker to get over than poverty.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately people believe that prenuptial agreements are just about assets. If people would adjust their premise from "marriage failure" to "marriage longevity," they would have a better chance of success.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But the overwhelming amount of evidence in this day and age shows trust in marriage doesn't mean shyt.
Getting a pre-nup is a negative way to enter marriage, but I wonder about how it affects the husband and wife.
Will either think: "Yeah, I'll fvck his/her best friend because if he/she finds out, he/she won't be getting half my shyt".
Or, would they be thinking: "I'd better not cheat because if I get caught, I leave with nothing."
Depends who has the least/most to lose, I guess.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is buying car insurance planning on getting into a car wreck? What about homeowner's insurance?

50% of marriages end in divorce. Entering into one without getting a prenup is to take a huge gamble.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wont get married again without one. SHE hasn't bent her back for 27 years working in my office. SHE didn't live cheaper than she had to in order to invest. SHE can end it at any time, for any reason, and any judge will give her half? Not of what I've already gotten she won't.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever noticed that these days that the burden is placed on the one who is doing the trusting rather than the one who wants to be trusted?

It's not my fault if I don't trust you. It's yours. But people act all the time like if you don't trust whoever, then you're the one with some issue, rather than them having not demonstrated trustworthy and respectable traits.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: don't think a prenup can save you, they're almost always full of holes that guys like me can use to modify or have thrown out.

Just as an example, here's a list ......
Thanks for that mate. Deserves a little green square at least.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad is completely right; I've been saying the same thing on here for years, but it is not something most guys want to hear.

I suspect that the scum bag lawyers who are selling pre-nup preparation are not telling their clients these things. Every lawyer I've ever had to deal with will say anything to get that retainer fee. Full disclosure is bad for business, but it's not like the Bar Association cares.