Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marriage - Show me Successful Examples

Pickupmilitia

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know any happily married couples who have been married for 5+ years? I think people get married for 1 of 2 reasons

1. They are so infatuated and dependent that they think its progressive

2. They have been with each other so long they are dependent and see it as a pragmatic move with a slight hope of it enriching their lives

Point is my brain hurts from trying to think of any real happily married couples. Eventually once the comfort sinks in both parties get on each other's nerves and lust for something else

Hence 1 party usually ends up cheating (usually the male)

So why can't we as men just admit it is normal to cheat?

Stop judging Tiger Woods you hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about these couples:

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/grtcouples.html

Here are some more contemporary examples:

Matthew Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker - Married for 12 years

Sir Thomas Sean Connery & Diane Cilento - Married 35 years

Antonio Bandaras & Melanie G - Married for 13 years

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett - Married for 13 years

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson - Married for 22 years

Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn - Married for 25 years

Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown - Married for 8 years while withstanding a pounding by the media. The media hated this marriage and sought to break them up.

All of the couples listed above are still married except for Whitney Houston & Bobby B

The media has brainwashed you into thinking that marriage is bad. The fabric of society is being torn apart by the immoral majority.

Divorce is popular for the media to report because it is BAD news. Bad news sells newspapers and magazines

Last edited:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pickupmilitia said:
Does anyone know any happily married couples who have been married for 5+ years? I think people get married for 1 of 2 reasons
I'm not really sure how the myth that marriage is bad, or marriage equals unhappiness started at Sosuave. The myth was already alive when I joined here.

The most cursory of efforts with Google would yield countless scientific surveys, primarily polls but other science too, that confirms over and over that, on average, married individuals are happier than single people. If you'd like 10 links, I can get you those, but you could just as easily google "are people happier married or single" and see your answer before you even have to click on an article.

Sorry you're so misinformed! Folks like me and RT are enjoying our happy marriages. I'm 16 years+ myself.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been married about a year and a half but it's been awesome. Sure there are ups and downs but never once had a 2nd thought about marriage.

Wife is great and still super fun to hang with.

I still go out and hang with my friends and do most of the stuff I used to except try to pick up.

I know it's early but so far so good and knock on wood that it stays that way.

I look at all the guy's marriages who warned me about getting married. I'd say all of them gave up their power the moment they tied the knot. Their wives are the boss and they openly admit it. Sad....

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox I know some might argue but since the couples you named were all wealthy the common problem in marriage money is not an issue with them. Majority of marriages have problems with MONEY$$$$ or lack there of..

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you lose the frame, you lose the marriage. Easy to do, let a little thing slide,then she moves up to bigger things. Soon she is trying to run it-when you stop it,she gets upset and files. So NEVER lose the frame.Never let your guard down.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
If you lose the frame, you lose the marriage. Easy to do, let a little thing slide,then she moves up to bigger things. Soon she is trying to run it-when you stop it,she gets upset and files. So NEVER lose the frame.Never let your guard down.
Sounds like a 2nd full time job that a man can do without.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While agree marriage can definitely put you on more a financial hook in a divorce, that is really more about divorce laws, societal values and feminism ideas.

I don't know where people get the idea that woman are so wonderful when you are single. A lot of single guys spend every thing they have on clothes and fashion, going to bars, strip clubs, even prostitutes, and leave alone their time while being single. If you think single women don't try the patience of a single man then I don't know what to say.

For the same reasons that women suck in marriage, they also suck in the single life.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
While agree marriage can definitely put you on more a financial hook in a divorce, that is really more about divorce laws, societal values and feminism ideas.

I don't know where people get the idea that woman are so wonderful when you are single. A lot of single guys spend every thing they have on clothes and fashion, going to bars, strip clubs, even prostitutes, and leave alone their time while being single. If you think single women don't try the patience of a single man then I don't know what to say.

For the same reasons that women suck in marriage, they also suck in the single life.
Women in the single market try harder to hook a man. Once they have him, they try less. Even if they suck in single life, they suck less than in marriage (on average).

A lot of single guys may spend too much money impressing women, but they don't have to work their arses off to provide for a family when they're married with kids, nor can they be sent broke and even to prison in a bad divorce / alimony / child support scenario.

Even when the woman he's dealing with sucks, the bachelor can simply walk away at minimum cost. Can a married man do the same? Too bad, no!

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Women in the single market try harder to hook a man. Once they have him, they try less. Even if they suck in single life, they suck less than in marriage (on average).
Well there's no shortage of men for women to hook. First the man has to hook her, then she is going to want to hook you for marriage, but that's just my point. Single women are just not playing into the eternal bachelors plans as much as some try to make it sound like.

A lot of single guys may spend too much money impressing women, but they don't have to work their arses off to provide for a family when they're married with kids, nor can they be sent broke and even to prison in a bad divorce / alimony / child support scenario.
Child support applies whether you are married or not. You are at as high or higher risk in theory by banging multiple women.

Even when the woman he's dealing with sucks, the bachelor can simply walk away at minimum cost. Can a married man do the same? Too bad, no!
Right you can walk away. In reality what we really see is women walking away more. But this is just stating the advantages to being single/disadvantages of being married. Being single has disadvantages too that most guys won't even realistically admit. It's all just theory to say being single doesn't have any disadvantages and married has no advantages. Reality and theory don't always meet.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:

I think a bad marriage is ALWAYS the fault of the man. The number one reason is that the man doesn't qualify the wife enough beforehand.

The second biggest reason is what you state.

A man needs to RUN his marriage. Part of running a marriage is not only improving yourself but improving your wife.

The vast majority of men don't even do the former (improve themselves) so how could you expect them to do the later?

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think pickupmilitia meant to stress the word 'happily' married.
My parents have been married for 35 years but I wouldn't say they are 'happily' married. They're content and they tolerate each other but that's about it.
My grandparents were sleeping in separate beds after 50 years of marriage.

And on the point of why people get married, I agree. So many people live together now before they get married that it gets to a point that the man thinks: 'Geez, I've lived with her for four years, I'd better do the right thing and make her an honest woman.'
It's doomed to fail because he's getting married out of obligation, not out of undying love.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to stop think of a "successful marriage" in terms of years on the clock. There are people married for 50+ years who are absolutely miserable, and there are couples married for 2 or 3 who have a better love and mutual respect for each other than their parents ever realized themselves after 40 years.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greasy Pig said:
'Geez, I've lived with her for four years, I'd better do the right thing and make her an honest woman.'
It's doomed to fail because he's getting married out of obligation, not out of undying love.
Marriage worked for a long time before romantic love ever got involved.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May I ask why both my sensible posts were deleted in this thread? My age is set in my CP and was only set to hidden, which other have their age hidden as well, so that must not be the reason?

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
PICKUP, Read this post on Roissy:

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/relationship-game-week-a-readers-journey/

This adequately illustrates a good frame control in a marriage. Let me know what you think.

Every word of that link is a gem. Solid gold. I learnt more in 20 minutes reading that than I've learnt in my lifetime.
I realised the mistakes I made in my last relationship (ie buying flowers, being the 'nice' guy, trying to placate her b itchy moods, fearing her wrath etc) and now I feel 200% more confident about my next LTR. That was a bloody awesome post.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My parents were married for 49 years 10 months. (Dad passed in April) They fussed & argued as any couple would but never let it get out of hand. My Dad had several bad strokes & Mom was his constant caregiver for 12 years. (24/7/365) feeding, bathing, wiping his butt, the works...12 years. Refused to put him in a nursing home. If that's not love I don't know what is.

For the record, Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn are NOT married! They are in a commited relationship that has stood the test of time, but they don't have the piece of paper saying so.

Hemingway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
PICKUP, Read this post on Roissy:

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/relationship-game-week-a-readers-journey/

This adequately illustrates a good frame control in a marriage. Let me know what you think.
I've been monitoring this forum, and don't really see much in it, about techniques for "good frame control" in a LTR, or as Doc Love puts it, "being a challenge." I guess the secret to a successful marriage is that you don't have techniques, like you would as a PU artist, but you have successful life attitudes and practices.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem most people here have with marriage is when it ends badly. If I have say a 12 year marriage and it dissolves somewhat amicably (both people fell out of love but maintain enough respect for each other to split up without causing ruination), that to me would have been a successful marriage. I mean 10+ years is a LONG time. The problems arise when one partner gets raped in the divorce courts.