Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marines

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever can answer this,

I'm going into Marines boot camp and crap but I'm on a bulking plan. The training starts January, so I have about 4 months to bulk up still.

Does anyone who has experience with this know what is best for me? I really don't want to lose any weight there because I know they do tons of cardio and other endurance/stamina workouts, but not a lot of brief heavy lifting (as described in DIESEL'S regimen).

So should I bulk as much as I can now (so I won't be simply built but scrawny when I come outta camp), or should I just eat a ton there? But I heard you only get three meals a day.

Thanks for any responses!

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to be honest, it's detrimental to be all huge and muscular in the military.

1. you are a bigger, slower target

2. you may not fit into some of the vehicles

3. you require a lot of food to keep going

all 3 things that can get you killed in a combat situation.

what you can do is bulk as much as you can before you go to basic.

however, given that you want to be a marine, you should start including runs as part of your training routine now, because if not you are going to get your ass kicked once basic starts.

just estimate how many calories you would burn running and up the calories on the bulking diet by that amount.

good luck,
D

Army_of_One

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, don't waste your money bulking up. You are gonna SLIM DOWN whatever you put on. I know from ARMY Basic that we all lost between 5-20 pounds pretty easily within the 9 weeks and I hear the Marines is harder and is also longer by 3 weeks. I know we only had between 2-5 minutes for a meal depending on how crowded the d-fac was. Not too mention your sleep gets deprived BIG TIME. When you are in the field the MRE's feed you but they make me lose weight big time. I can lose like 6 pounds in 4 days by eating 2 MRE's a day. They are just enough to energize you shortly for combat.

Hey aim to do well on your Calisthenics. I think the Marines does Push-ups, Sit-ups, and 3 Mile Run. The Army does 2 Mile runs on the APFT. I took one this morning. Did alright on it. I scored a 269 out of 300 with 71 Push-ups, 66 Sit-ups(yuck), and a 1355 2 Mile run. Doing better on PT helps promotion A LOT.

Peace man
Good Luck!!

PS - Be squared away and don't open your mouth. Just have good Military Bearing and u will be fine.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Army of one.

Before I went in (in the 80's) I did a little weight lifting and a lot of running.

Do alot of intense running! I thought I was in shape. They push you to extremes. Ever get sick from lactic acid poisoning?

Like Diesel said, too much bulk isn't gonna help. It may hurt. It's more flesh your heart has to pump blood to. To oxygenate. There's time after boot camp to bulk. Right now focus on making it through.

The best advice anyone ever gave me before I went in was do not excell and do not fall back. Basically, try not to be noticed. Those guys that excell get picked on and pushed by the Drill Sargents. Even more so if you fall back. Stay in the middle of the crowd. You'll make it through...

The Military straightened me out and put me through school. I don't regret it for a minute.

Good move on your part.

Be smart. Be safe!