Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marijuana use and game

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in the US - in a state where recreational marijuana is entirely legal. Many of my good friends use it regularly and I have randomly as well, but it’s more of a special occasion thing (with buddies chillin/etc), and not daily for me, like it is for them.

I notice that if we are getting ready to go out and my buddies smoke weed, they don’t have any initiative to interact with women at bars and such. They are both awesome dudes - taller than I am and objectively attractive men as well.

Now, what’s the So Suave opinion on marijuana and interacting with women? I figure it puts you at a disadvantage since you would be more inclined to just chill and be mellow rather than go talk to that girl over there.

Thoughts/Opinions? Is it a game-killer to a degree? Generally, I’ve seen most people do not become more social after smoking pot - usually the exact opposite.

Furthermore, is anyone a former pot user who noticed any change in their game after quitting for good?

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anxiety inducing drug that's why.
No doubt. Whereas alcohol could be considered a “social lubricant”, yet you become desensitized to your surroundings. Marijuana, on the other hand, makes you overly sensitized to your surroundings, causing anxiety or sometimes paranoia - terrible for game

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes me unsocial and lazy. No want/need for prolonged conversations. Regardless if its indica or sativa. But if you run into girls who are into it you can score

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you want to stare blankly around with droopy bloodshot eyes, not talk to anyone, and think everyone knows you're high, and that you're a creepy lowlife who can't talk to anyone or think of anything to say because they know you're high because you are super high and they know and think you're creepy and you just want to leave and go where it's safe and smoke more pot.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even date woman who smoke, so even less if she did smoke a joint, I consider smokers worse then drunkards, drunkards only **** thenselfs, smokers annoy everyone close to him

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes me retarded in social settings. Only fun if you've already banged the girl, you can have good sex while high if you're comfortable around each other.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually become more social and it lowers my approach anxiety. Overall I'm not big on it though. It doesn't make me paranoid at all. I lose all paranoia. It amuses me that it makes some people paranoid and not others.

When I drink I become too focused on acting like I'm not drunk. Alchohol hurts my game more than it helps. That's just me though.

Overall I say all substances hurt game.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually become more social and it lowers my approach anxiety. Overall I'm not big on it though. It doesn't make me paranoid at all. I lose all paranoia. It amuses me that it makes some people paranoid and not others.

When I drink I become too focused on acting like I'm not drunk. Alchohol hurts my game more than it helps. That's just me though.

I've seen people like you in action and it amazes me. I guess weed affects us all differently but I wish I could be more social after smoking. On the other hand, booze (particularly wine) ups my game...to a point of course. Can't go over the cliff but I rarely do anymore.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in an area where its illegal and the only guys I know who smoke it basically use it as currency to try to get sex from women. Everybody knows a high woman will put out easier than a not high women. Kind of scuzzy if you ask me but dudes have been getting women drunk/high in order to screw them forever. These aren't guys who are attractive or good with women but I've seen them bang some pretty cute chicks if they can just convince them to come back to their place to partake.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it depends on how much I smoke. If I just take a few hits and put it out, it's an upper. If I smoke the whole joint, then it becomes more of a downer and I don't want to do anything

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes me retarded in social settings. Only fun if you've already banged the girl, you can have good sex while high if you're comfortable around each other.
I agree with this entirely. If you and a girl are already hooking up, it’s fun to light up a joint after a good bang, in my opinion

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I have a different friend who is exactly like this. It amazes me too - just a personality type thing I guess

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're smoking weed to be help game with women, then your smoking weed for the wrong reasons. I'd rather do cardio or zone out and do something by myself. Using it for women is a waste of weed to me... unless you already know her and you're gonna have sex, as someone else mentioned. A lot of the pothead women will use you for a free smoke the same way women use guys for a free meal

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice that if we are getting ready to go out and my buddies smoke weed, they don’t have any initiative to interact with women at bars and such. They are both awesome dudes - taller than I am and objectively attractive men as well.
I FVCKKKING hate this sh!t so much. Every time we're getting ready to go out, i have to wait 20 mins so that they can blaze, knowing that they aren't going to be able to approach women for like two damn hours. I'm trying to get into a fun, high energy, social mindset, and these guys are just blazing their brains out. Then just roll into the Uber and venue just reeking of the strongest weed ever. Like any drug, it makes them THINK that weed will make them more carefree and social, but it DOESN'T in reality. They just sit there, stoned at the bar, killing my vibe, and i'm probably killing theirs by getting irritated with them, and i'm the only one that is able to approach. They won't even drink and be fun, so rather than establishing a fun, lively vibe at the bar, they/we just sit there until i'm force to just do everything myself. They seem to think that girls will just come to them and that their "chill" attitude will pull all of the girls.

Yes, i'm aware that it's their choice and they can chill how they want, pick your poison and all that, but when these guys go out, their SOLE purpose and goal for the night is to try to get with women, and their happiness is hinged on it. I've smoked plenty before and grown up for YEARS with heavy stoners in college, and have had ample time to analyze how it affects them and also myself. It essentially never helps with game in my experience, except for a small majority of guys that seem to benefit from it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If a man needs an external stimulant just to connect with women then he has a major problem that needs addressing.

FYI, this is retard level.

Next for most of you is to surpass this level and enter into bottom feeder level, then from there progress to beginner level.

It's the beginner level that you guys should be at and from there advance to the next.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed women who smoke weed are the deranged liberal type. They dye their hair in some neon color, nasal septum piercings, tattoos, hardcore feminists who hate men, often bisexual etc. All indications of having borderline personality disorders. If you try to game these girls while stoned on weed, they won't judge you because they themselves indulge in it. However, I don't recommend gaming these type of girls to begin with.

Then you have the girls who are conservative. If they see that you're stoned or smoke weed, they associate that behavior with being a loser and it is an instant turn off.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I FVCKKKING hate this sh!t so much. Every time we're getting ready to go out, i have to wait 20 mins so that they can blaze, knowing that they aren't going to be able to approach women for like two damn hours. I'm trying to get into a fun, high energy, social mindset, and these guys are just blazing their brains out. Then just roll into the Uber and venue just reeking of the strongest weed ever. Like any drug, it makes them THINK that weed will make them more carefree and social, but it DOESN'T in reality. They just sit there, stoned at the bar, killing my vibe, and i'm probably killing theirs by getting irritated with them, and i'm the only one that is able to approach. They won't even drink and be fun, so rather than establishing a fun, lively vibe at the bar, they/we just sit there until i'm force to just do everything myself. They seem to think that girls will just come to them and that their "chill" attitude will pull all of the girls.

Yes, i'm aware that it's their choice and they can chill how they want, pick your poison and all that, but when these guys go out, their SOLE purpose and goal for the night is to try to get with women, and their happiness is hinged on it. I've smoked plenty before and grown up for YEARS with heavy stoners in college, and have had ample time to analyze how it affects them and also myself. It essentially never helps with game in my experience, except for a small majority of guys that seem to benefit from it.
Ive experienced this almost to a T. Makes me avoid those friends when I’m trying to go out sometimes. They can be my “chill and game/watch sports friends” but not my “wingmen”, so to say