Mantain eye contact

DamHE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi

This girl I like made eye contact with me like 3 times today.. The first time she looked away.. 2nd and 3rd time I looked away reeeally quick... I couldn't help myself.. How do you mantain eye contact with a girl you like? I can stare down ugly girls and other guys with no problem, and hot girls that I don't like are also no problem.. But she is different... What can I do?

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
you've gotta do it regardless of what you're thinking...you know, seperate your mind from your body..

that's hard to do, though

you probably put them on the pedestal..just find something to criticize them about that'll make you realize it's just a girl

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always end up looking away... how do you keep eye contact without it looking like a stare?

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, I've got it worse than you. I have a hot girl that constantly stares me down at least 50 times this year. I can handle eye contact, but I got morals, I'm not ****ing no ***** slut.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're supposed to stare. But not in a creepy I'm-gonna-follow-you-to-your-car kinda way.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so from a distance stare and smile?
What if I don't smile, and she's staring back?
I need a %%%%ing goal for tomorrow... positively stare down X amount of girls.
I heard they think it's wierd when you stare at them, so theres gotta be a good time boundary for the stare. like 10 seconds a stare, if they look down you hold it for 3 more seconds, then stop. If they stare back, you keep it for longer, maybe double to 20 seconds, try smiling, um facial expressions (I don't know any of this stuff at all)....
Just a guess, like an experiemental explanation. I almost said hi to a cutie today but I didn't notice her until she was like right infront of me (@ her locker), I got like a second of eye contact, then I passed, hiless =( lol.
If girls generally like it when you stare at them, I want to perfect my stare and confidence in looking at people. I usually look down or to the side half of a conversation.
I'm in need of some pre-set goals for me to accomplish or over accomplish.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ "I can stare down ugly chicks no problem"

anyways just dont think about yourself. Thats why I look away. Im thinking "I wonder if i look alright? Is something in my nose?" blah blah blah

Think either positive stuff or dont think at all. Sometimes u look into a chick's eyes and just get locked in and your mind draws a blank

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand Wizzard Alamar said:
Alright, so from a distance stare and smile?
What if I don't smile, and she's staring back?
I need a %%%%ing goal for tomorrow... positively stare down X amount of girls.
I heard they think it's wierd when you stare at them, so theres gotta be a good time boundary for the stare. like 10 seconds a stare, if they look down you hold it for 3 more seconds, then stop. If they stare back, you keep it for longer, maybe double to 20 seconds, try smiling, um facial expressions (I don't know any of this stuff at all)....
Just a guess, like an experiemental explanation. I almost said hi to a cutie today but I didn't notice her until she was like right infront of me (@ her locker), I got like a second of eye contact, then I passed, hiless =( lol.
If girls generally like it when you stare at them, I want to perfect my stare and confidence in looking at people. I usually look down or to the side half of a conversation.
I'm in need of some pre-set goals for me to accomplish or over accomplish.
The key is to smile. Otherwise you're just a creepy or scary guy. Think about it. How many times in your life have complete strangers smiled at you? How did that make you feel?

There's no time limit, as long as you don't break eye contact first.

DJ Axton

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I catch a girl looking at me, this is what I do. I look at back at them by looking directly at the brim of their nose; that makes it looks like ur looking straight into both of their eyes at once. But try not to go cross-eyed, cuz then ull just look weird.

Anyway, I let my eyes follow them for a bit (still looking at the brim of their nose) and they look right back. Here's the tricky part: make sure ur eyes are locked straight on, but DON'T MOVE YOUR HEAD. Make sure that your head is not pointing in the same direction as your eyes are - just let your eyes follow them as they move - then it's not a stare. If they're not moving around, then move yourself a little, but not too much. Whilst doing this smile your best smile.

After about 10 seconds of complete eye-contact, break it. Just move your eyes so you're looking straight ahead of you. This is a simple push/pull thing.

Don't make eye contact again for a while, and then just as either of you needs to leave later, you need to do an approach. Get her number etc. and your golden.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I practice smiling? My smile is creepy...

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Axton said:
After about 10 seconds of complete eye-contact, break it. Just move your eyes so you're looking straight ahead of you. This is a simple push/pull thing.
:rofl: 10 seconds of eye contact? 5 tops, and you have a right to look away. Anything over that if you guys don't know each other is scary. And that's a push/pull thing? You guys are getting a little overboard on techniques and tactics.

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you have confidence in your system you do it perfectly without thinking....practice practice practice

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rememeber, she can look away anytime. If she doesn't the balls in your court.

Don't smile, mouth 'what?' and beckon her over. Then say 'forget it baby, I'm bad news...'

Jack-Torrance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... what you could do, is look slightly lower on her face, and if she is staring you in the eyes still, whilst you do this, you have no worries..

see? If she does look you in the eye, in the words of Nighthawk, the balls in your court mate!

Plus, think about if her pupils are dialated, and concentrate on that... because you are focusing on her pupils and trying to figure something out from it, you will think a lot less about the fact that you are looking directly into her eyes...

happymeal88

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you notice her staring at you, just glance at her real quick, look down like you're doing something and look back at her and look into her eyes. Hold it for a second or two, just smile at her and turn back to whatever you were doing (your notebook, the teacher, your friend, whatever). And then a few minutes later glance over at her and if you make eye contact again just repeat above and after class go up to her and say suavely "I couldn't help but notice you were starring at me" and if she says something like "No" then just cut her off and say something ****y and funny like "it's alright, i sometimes get lost in my own eyes too." Then just carry on a normal conversation (name and number).

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I often just try and stare her down (with a smile on my face of course) if I get eye contact with a girl. Then as soon as she breaks it i'll go over and do some C+F and get the number if i can be bothered otherwise get on with whatever i'm doin.

TheManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand Wizzard Alamar said:
I always end up looking away... how do you keep eye contact without it looking like a stare?
change your facial expression...