Man's Movie

Bronxtal112

Don Juan
Reaction score
Top Gun. This movie projects a great character of confidence and passion for life and life’s needs. Some scenes to consider in the movie are the following:

Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque.
Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
Maverick: Yes sir.
Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
Viper: I like that in a pilot

Here we have a room filled with the best fighter pilots in the world and Maverick blatantly announces he’s the best one. The confidence here is thru the roof.

Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: Bull****! You can be mine.

This scene is to be interpreted as I hear so many times on this site – YOU’RE the catch. As this relates to women, you must feel that you are the prize and that you are in control of any situation that comes your way.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swingers.
Waiting.
Rocky.
Taxi Driver.
Bullitt.
Cool and Luke.
The Warriors.
Pulp Fiction.
Reservoir Dogs.
Animal House.
Snatch.
Lock Stock & two Smoking Barrels.
City of god.
Training Day.
Scarface.
Fight Club.
Airplane!
Rush Hour 1 & 2
Saturday Night Fever.
Die Hard.
Apocalypse Now

Just a few of my favourites, everyone should know these though. There are more, but I'm going for inspirational/DJ'ing movies.

Old Pink Panther 1 & Shot in the Dark, Goodfellas, 10 Things I hate about you, Godfather 1 & 2, Italian Job (1960s), that's all I can be bothered.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bronxtal112 said:
Top Gun. This movie projects a great character of confidence and passion for life and life’s needs. Some scenes to consider in the movie are the following:

Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque.
Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
Viper: I like that in a pilot

Here we have a room filled with the best fighter pilots in the world and Maverick blatantly announces he’s the best one. The confidence here is thru the roof.

Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: Bull****! You can be mine.

This scene is to be interpreted as I hear so many times on this site – YOU’RE the catch. As this relates to women, you must feel that you are the prize and that you are in control of any situation that comes your way.
OH MY GOD.

You realize that Top Gun is the gayest film of all time, right?

And that both of the quotes prove exactly the opposite of what you want to say? Yes, Maverick is confident, which Viper likes, but Mav learns that overconfidence can be a detraction when he a) follows Jester below the hard deck b) doesn't cover his wingman and c) keeps doing flyby's.

And the "bullsh*t you can be mine" is the two of these guys finally getting over their alpha-fighting and learning to be a TEAM.

The whole movie is about a guy who likes to break all the rules learning how to become a team player for the U.S.A.! He's a ****y guy at the start... but an idiot too. By the end society has made him a good citizen in that he not only follows orders but gets into a monogamous relationship... rather than "playing with the boys".

Sorry to burst your bubble... but Top Gun is a pretty AFC film when you get down to it...

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
how many 'DJ movies' threads do we need?

based on the 5+ threads about this topic.. people believe that top gun, fight club, swingers, alfie, james bond, and hitch are the 'must see movies to be a dj', and that's all you need to know.

study them if you want, but i'm telling you that they won't help. don't learn from movies, learn from the naturals that you hang with.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
realsmoothie said:
OH MY GOD.

You realize that Top Gun is the gayest film of all time, right?
A-fvcking-men!

I think the male leads in Sin City offer some of the best examples of what true men should aspire to be.

Me, I'm a Marv / Dwight hybrid.

Last edited:

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a thought.
Movie World = Ideal and not real
Real World = Real

--Mission

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was so suprised that no one mentioned the Ultimate DJ Movie!!

The Tao Of Steve

Honestly, I learned so much from that film.

Dex: Do you want to have sex with this woman?
Dave: Definitely.
Dex: Okay, then you're violating the first rule of being Steve.
Dave: Who?
Dex: You must learn to eliminate your desire.
Rick: It's Buddhist.
Dex: I think the Taoists said it first.
Rick: Hey, are we gonna have a seminar or are we gonna play golf?
Dex: Just a short seminar on the elimination of desire, okay? If you're out with this girl and even THINKING about getting laid, you're finished, cuz women can smell an agenda like **** on a shoe.
Syd: What do you look for in a woman?
Dex: Uh... Low Standards.
Dex: Look at me. Look at me, okay? Technically, I shouldn't be getting laid, but I do. And do you know why, Dave? Because when I'm hanging out with a woman, that's all I'm doing is hanging out, talking, listening. I'm not sitting there thinking about how to get in bed with her. And this completely confuses them because they're saying "Wait a minute. I'm so much better looking than this guy. Isn't he attracted to me?" The basic principle: We pursue that which retreats from us.
Rick: It's from Heidegger.
Unnamed Guy Playing Poker: Groucho Marks said the same thing. "Act like a woman can't join your club, and she'll do almost anything to get in."
Dex: Doing stuff is overrated. Like Hitler. He did a lot. But don't we all wish he woulda just stayed home and gotten stoned?
Syd: Oh, I see. So you're only options are to get stoned or commit genocide?
Dave: [Paraphrasing the Tao of Steve] "Be desireless. Be excellent. Be gone."
Dex: The Tao of Steve isn't about picking up lots of women. It's about being the best person you can be, and I'm not.

Buck Rogers

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Tao of Steve is the best god damn movie i have ever seen, it got me into double figures.