"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Managing hometown girls from college

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hey, I just noticed a problem that I was having, I never really thought about it until i realized how many HB+8 that I was losing when I would go off to college just from a simple lack of interaction. At home during the summer, and my infamously long month and a half christmas break, I acquire quite a rack of new "friends", but when I go to college, 600 miles from home, I'm not quite sure how to keep these girls interest level up high. I guess I could talk on the phone and/or AIM, but i honestly don't like talking on the phone unless I'm setting up a date, and I'm not a big internet chat fan, so what should one do? And if AIM, or phone conversations are the way to go, should I simply talk to them just to stay in their mind, or should i be baiting, and then revealing stuff about myself after dragging things out about them etc.

In other words, how safe is it to try and grow relationships when you aren't in physical closeness?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
C'mon now, I know someone has to have had this same problem in this room. Its a problem I figured at least one of you all would have expertise in.

Please....
 

Kraken

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I honestly wouldn't bother trying to maintain a long distance relationship unless you were already deep into the relationship with the girl.

There's no point trying to maintain the interest of a girl you're just getting to know, another guy back home will sweep her off her feet in notime.
 

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
This is quite true. Do you think then that these girls could be still "cued" up later on when I'm home over the summer or for christmas. I'm just wondering if I could go 5 school months without talking to them, then call them up randomly when I get back home. Wondering how receptive they would be to that, if I hadn't been on their plate in 5 months.
 
Top