Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Man speak for not interested?

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now i have heard it all.

Last night I made plans to head out with a new guy, who at the time agreed. He said he'd call me when I finished work (tonight at 7) He did not call. I go home, get changed and I called at 8.30pm to see what was going on. I get this-" I'm really sorry, I'm still at work and I can't come(at 8.30pm???Sure). Let me know when you are free next." I say, "i'm tired of doing all the work, you ring me up for a change!!" he says ok, we say goodbye and hang up.
While he's cute, I am not chasing any man all over just to give him an ego stroking, and I think that it's rude to not call at least a few hours beforehand and cancel the date. So three questions:
1)Whats the translation for this man-speak?
2)Should I put him on the Nextville train, and give him a piece of my mind for being an inconsiderate jerk?
OR:
3)Give the poor guy some slack Shorty.....you're being a Dragon Lady.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do (2). Like we recommend to guys, showing someone they got to you doesn't help, especially after the event.

He's probably not interested, or just immature. You've put the ball in his court so now he'll show you with his actions whether he's really interested or not.

I have a question for you though. Imagine he calls you up tonight and says something like "I'm sorry about yesterday Shorty, I should have called to let you know I wouldn't be able to make it. It was inconsiderate of me to leave you hanging like that. Let me make it up to you by taking you out Saturday night." How would you feel about him then? Would you:

a) Be excited and say yes
b) Tell him to sling his hook
c) Be excited but play the game and act unavailable that night, like you no longer cared
d) Some other girl thing I haven't thought of

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have learned about you blokes is that if he doesn't take the initiative to call there is one main reason:
-He has a girlfriend, and wants to keep you as the side dish. Men who like a woman call that woman.(the only reason I called him is because I had a change in my schedule and had some free time) Men who make up bull**** excuses and call you three weeks later because you "were on their mind" are not getting sex from their girlfriends.
I'd say,"no I am busy tonight. So why don't we make it another day?" Then I can judge his interest. If he says " sweet see you on wednesday at 7" I'd be set.
If he baulked, I'd say "look, why waste my time here? I am not going to give you an ego stroking you're after, so if you're not interested say so and stop messing me around."

I think that there is a girlfriend involved. Or a woman of some sort. So I will be moving on from this.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't feel bad Shorty. I had a date with a female at 6:00 p.m (eastern standard time) after confirming the date earlier that afternoon. She stated that it was still on and that she will call me when she got home. Well the call didn't come through and I decided to call myself........no answer.

I took the priviledge of erasing her data out of my system b/c it's not worth it. Two weeks ago, she was on me like flies on boo boo, but apparently it was all a mishaps.......so I feel where ya coming from. People are so artificial(FAKE) these days that they can't even call just for common courtesy.........in which you recieve a call the next day with the indivdual giving you a BS story. :mad:

It's all part of the game.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oooh ow, I did this to several women already in which I cancelled a meet an hour ahead of the time and they never called me back. My interest level in meeting them wasn't that high.. maybe that's why...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, I did counter-offer another meeting time but never got a call back - weird.. I don't think there's anythign wrong about cancelling a date and then rescheduling it days later.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oooh ow, I did this to several women already in which I cancelled a meet an hour ahead of the time and they never called me back. My interest level in meeting them wasn't that high.. maybe that's why...
well, I did counter-offer another meeting time but never got a call back - weird.. I don't think there's anythign wrong about cancelling a date and then rescheduling it days later.
There's noting wrong with cancelling and setting up another time...just don't do it an hour before you're meant to go out!! Height of rudeness right there. Common Courtesy still has a place for everyone,regardless of whether or not you like them.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shorty,

I'd say it all depends on the type of work that he does. Sometimes work can mess you up at the last minute. It would seem, though, that his interest level isn't that high. Or else, he would have called you at least 30 minutes prior to the date. (Assuming something really was going on at work)

If I don't call, it's usually because I got really busy with work and forgot. I'm still kicking myself for the last time it happened! She was such a sweety and she took off work to go out with me. I sent her a dozen roses in apology, she forgave me, sort of. She never said yes again though, and I couldn't fault her for that.

Next him.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it all depends on the type of work that he does. Sometimes work can mess you up at the last minute. It would seem, though, that his interest level isn't that high. Or else, he would have called you at least 30 minutes prior to the date. (Assuming something really was going on at work)
In other words, he was a bulls-hit artist. :)

shorty I have a question....I asked for this one girl's phone number and she gave me her cellphone and home phone but when I called her to ask her out she said she had to work every weekend for the next two months... So I didn't call again and later on when I saw her she was pissed at me for not calling her again???
There is such a thing as Monday to Friday!!!!:p

There are rarities in this world as genuine people, which she probably was and was probably offended that you didn't ring.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guess who rang me last night?

He called, and having nothing better to do, I agreed to see him. However, I started to get a bad feeling about the whole thing about half an hour after we met up. I also had a nasty experience while on holiday which had affected me more than I realised. And a friend in the hospital with a busted neck was not exactly a great mix for being in a good state of mind.
While I tried to explain to him that it had nothing to do with him personally and I just didn't feel good about things he was pretty aggro about not getting what he wanted (despite his remarks to the contrary) and basically threw me out of his car. So it's definetely Nextville for this arsehole.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she's seeing one of us suave guys :D

At least he's got you thinking about him, and that's the first thing for one-itis or love or whatever you call it.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but a DJ wouldn't go off like a little biatch just because things didn't go to his grand plan.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Playing the devils advocate...

Originally posted by ShortyBrown
Yeah but a DJ wouldn't go off like a little biatch just because things didn't go to his grand plan.
But surely you were nexted because you didn't display a high enough IL. :p

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Playing the devils advocate...

Originally posted by B9
But surely you were nexted because you didn't display a high enough IL. :p
Add to that that you may not look that great actually and he might just see you from time to time to not feel like a loser with no friends.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, it was a gut feeling that his girlfriend might be at home wondering where he is.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh :p !
(;) )

I was interested alright-his aggro attitude put me off. He was not entirely to blame though-I thought that going out for a bit would be a welcome distraction, and it had the adverse effect.
I did send him an SMS message yesterday-to let him know that I was sorry for being a space cadet, but he wasn't that great company either, and if he wanted to give it another go, I was willing.
Twas only the second date, but if I get a stronger sniff of a girlfriend-I'm outta there-phuck that.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually guys, unless you're being cokky and funny on purpose, this thread is going nowhere.

The girl wants a nice juicy cokk, how can we now help her? No, I didn't mean you to volunteer as the cokk provider, I meant advice.

Shorty - just forget about the mofo. Remember? Numbers game? Nexting?

And he's probably AFC or gay ;) anyways. Dress up and flirt. Ask him out to lunch and work on dropping the social constraints. You can ask him out.

I guess what I'm saying, don't be afraid to be a slut :D You'll get tons of cokk that way :D haha

That's the best I can do in terms of the constructive advice

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold
Actually guys, unless you're being cokky and funny on purpose, this thread is going nowhere.

The girl wants a nice juicy cokk, how can we now help her? No, I didn't mean you to volunteer as the cokk provider, I meant advice.

Shorty - just forget about the mofo. Remember? Numbers game? Nexting?

And he's probably AFC or gay ;) anyways. Dress up and flirt. Ask him out to lunch and work on dropping the social constraints. You can ask him out.

I guess what I'm saying, don't be afraid to be a slut :D You'll get tons of cokk that way :D haha

That's the best I can do in terms of the constructive advice
You are not listening-I was feeling ****ty, and he behaved in a ****ty manner in return. He gets one last go and that's it. (I know I am very paitent)
and for the record-despite theorising to the contrary around here-I am cute, and if I wanna take a dude to bed, I need only hit a club. But I am not feeling like that.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
and if I wanna take a dude to bed, I need only hit a club
That's basically the case for every girl, u dont even have to be cute... If a guy gets ur number, he's at least interested in shagging u. I guess this guy's interest in u doesn't go beyond this basic level...