Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Man Brings Flowers For Ex-Wife Then Shoots Her Dead, then Himself

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/valentine_horror_in_queens_4QZyO8E8DuD1I2cUi2xM2J

Synopsis:

- Woman falls for a "bad boy" with a prior conviction for murder and other crimes

- They have several kids together then divorce

- Guy does not get access to HIS kids

- Guys loses it and kills ex-wife then himself

Thank god I live in a country where not every random psycho like this can get access to a gun.

Not having access to his kids would have been hard, but still no excuse for this sort of thing.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
So romantic!

Man, you don't need an access to a gun to kill your ex wife. Access to a rock is enough. Just picture how much they both would have suffered if it wasn't for a gun. You're one cruel Australian, no wonder they don't give you guns down under. Fascists.

U

user43770

runner83 said:
Thank god I live in a country where not every random psycho like this can get access to a gun.

Thank this same god that you live in a country where a woman couldn't own a gun to protect herself. Your god knows that guns are the reason people murder each other.

Actually, guns are the great equalizer. A gun will put a 70 year old woman on the same plane as 20 year old man. God forbid that happened more often.

I wish more women were strapped and ready. God bless America.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Hmm ...

Your synopsis is skewed.

- Woman falls for a "bad boy" with a prior conviction for murder and other crimes

- They have several kids together then divorce

- Guy does not get access to HIS kids

- Guys loses it and kills ex-wife then himself
Normal scenario until last part of fourth point.

There are numerous ways to kill somebody, as evidenced by the knife crime epidemic sweeping Australia due to the clampdown on firearms. Once the clampdown on knives is done, there will be an epidemic of crimes with axes and machetes.

You're contaminating your distaste for the event with your distaste for firearms which are two entirely unrelated subjects.

Are you aware that Australia has higher reported rates of armed robbery, home invasion, and violent assault (rape, gang beatings, mugging) than the USA? The higher murder rates in the USA are primarily from the African-American ghettos and Mexican slums.

Would a violent criminal be more afraid of invading your home here in disarmed Australia, or in south Texas?

The statistical evidence supports civilian ownership of firearms with minimal regulations (no access to destructive weapons, restricted access by convicted violent felons).

Of course your politicians would tell you otherwise and your bought-and-paid-for media would trot out every firearms accident/abuse that occurs in the world and ignore every example of firearms being used for non-criminal and defensive purposes.

As an aside, we here in Australia have a very dismal environment for fair journalism, since 4 of 5 journalists is or has been employed by the state. Perhaps your distaste for firearms is unfounded and is based entirely on what you are exposed to in the media and on the swathe of behavior-placement Police Drama shows that is saturating the television in this country.

Homework:

I challenge you to find a nation that has implemented strict firearms controls and achieved a lower violent crime and home invasion rate that one can see a noticeable trend based on the firearms regulations.

If you find such a country, then feel free to give me some homework that challenges my assertion that a law-abiding citizen in a supposed free nation has a right to own firearms. :)

cheers

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Men get phucked daily by not having access to their OWN children . cant say i care too much when you hear about the odd one snapping in all honesty. Some men just react on pure rage when backed into a corner, what ya gonna do , change the laws?..pfft.

runner83 said:
Not having access to his kids would have been hard, but still....
Yeah hard for the fact its so disgustingly criminal. Take away your family and make you feel utterly powerless and lets see if your so quick to label these men "random psychos".

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, what I posted was:

runner83 said:
I never said I had any moral or philosophical objections to law-abiding citizens owning guns to defend themselves, especially in this fvcked up legal system where sentences are a joke.

But the unfortunate reality is that allowing this also allows the occasional psycho like this to use guns for a bad purpose. But also, like you said, when there's a will there's a way. If not guns, then knives or whatever...

It is not the guns, it is the people using them that is the problem.

All of what you said appears spot on (including the comment about state sponsored media here), and from my brief look, I could not find anything to refute it.

I would be interested if you could give me a link to the statistics about other crime rates in various countries.

Here is an example of one thing I found during my brief web search:

... said:
6. Lower murder rates in foreign countries prove that gun control works.

False. This is one of the favorite arguments of gun control proponents, and yet the facts show that there is simply no correlation between gun control laws and murder or suicide rates across a wide spectrum of nations and cultures. In Israel and Switzerland, for example, a license to possess guns is available on demand to every law-abiding adult, and guns are easily obtainable in both nations.

Both countries also allow widespread carrying of concealed firearms, and yet, admits Dr. Arthur Kellerman, one of the foremost medical advocates of gun control, Switzerland and Israel "have rates of homicide that are low despite rates of home firearm ownership that are at least as high as those in the United States." A comparison of crime rates within Europe reveals no correlation between access to guns and crime.
With regards to state sponsored media here, I think we are still lucky in that we have free access to the Internet.

However, with the proposed Internet filter, this will be the first step towards government controlled censorship. Who has the right to decide what should be filtered?

Thankfully introduction has been delayed for now, but if it does come back into the news, all Australians must fight hard to prevent its introduction.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to write a lond and detailed comment but then again I realised that if I had to spend 5 minutes for any liberal/pacifist/PC zealot on the internet I would waste my life.

Just let me tell you that after the fall of the URSS all eastern Europe has been flooded from guns,and it's not even that expensive or hard to get one if you want it but yet there are no shootings or mass murders outside the US.

I mean if the problem were guns,how comes that mass shooting happens in "gun free" zones inteads of shooting range or military base?

Is logic that hard to pacifists/liberals etc? or is it true that theory that their brain resemble to women's one if structurally analized?

This man just probably realised that there was no fvcking way to get some justice because the justice system is screwed and unbalanced therefore his rage drove him crazy,is that because of some stupid leftist/feminist law or because of a piece of iron?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gun laws in this country used to be very lax, you could buy machine guns and have them shipped to your house with no background checks etc, and mass shooting type incidents were rare. The guns aren't the problem, just a convenient scapegoat.

We should focus on why people do things instead of the tools they use to do it, unfortunately that would involve asking some pretty uncomfortable questions.

BTW I used to live in an area with very strict gun laws but the criminals still had guns and the crime rate was very high. Funny how that works.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
We should focus on why people do things instead of the tools they use to do it, unfortunately that would involve asking some pretty uncomfortable questions.
But I don't want to do that. I am comfortable and I like my simple world view based on stereotypes, bullsh*t other people tell me and fairy tales.

( . )( . ) said:
Yeah hard for the fact its so disgustingly criminal. Take away your family and make you feel utterly powerless and lets see if your so quick to label these men "random psychos".
Criminals run the legal system. They just wear suits and talk smart... sometimes.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
@ Strelok,

Conspiracy community has a lot to say about this and other topics, such as why majority of cancer cases happen in the GMO eating west. All you gotta do is join a network like myspace, and find a few friends there that disseminate information on the topic you find interesting.

Now true, guns save lives, as well as take them. But guns also play a much more important role. Let's say people in Soviet Union would have guns during Stalin era. Do you think repressions would have happened? How about Germans in Nazi Germany? Well they had guns, but first thing Hitler did was take them away. United States is considered free because of its guns. Gun rights however has deteriorated in United States steadily since 1980s, and with them freedom as well.

Guns first and foremost serve the people a grantee that their freedom and human rights will not be violated. There is 1st Amendment, freedom of speech, if that fails, as we see it failing these days, there is 2nd, right to bear arms.

Take poor Mexico, people are now allowed to have guns. Only police and drug and human traffickers are allowed to have guns. Many thousand of poor Mexicans have died in the last year, because cops don't help, and they are helpless. But give those people guns and there would be law and order within days, I grantee you.

Guns are for protection of your liberty and property first and foremost. That is why guns are so important.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
Guns are for protection of your liberty and property first and foremost. That is why guns are so important.
So it was okay for the nutcase in the article to own a gun?

U

user43770

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” - Benjamin Franklin

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
nice guys, nice... I'm so glad to see eye to eye with so many of you. You rock!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now true, guns save lives, as well as take them. But guns also play a much more important role. Let's say people in Soviet Union would have guns during Stalin era. Do you think repressions would have happened? How about Germans in Nazi Germany? Well they had guns, but first thing Hitler did was take them away. United States is considered free because of its guns. Gun rights however has deteriorated in United States steadily since 1980s, and with them freedom as well.

Guns first and foremost serve the people a grantee that their freedom and human rights will not be violated. There is 1st Amendment, freedom of speech, if that fails, as we see it failing these days, there is 2nd, right to bear arms.

Take poor Mexico, people are now allowed to have guns. Only police and drug and human traffickers are allowed to have guns. Many thousand of poor Mexicans have died in the last year, because cops don't help, and they are helpless. But give those people guns and there would be law and order within days, I grantee you.
This is the core of the firearms debate in my mind, however I rarely use it in debates since it is too direct and will cause the mind of many to shut down due to a challenge of the core of their 'it couldn't happen to me' reality.

Consider this:

While yes, the murder rate in first world nations tends to taper as a long-term effect of strict firearms control, the level of violent crime and home invasions tends to rise and stay elevated. Personally, if my politicians decide that they'd rather improve the statistical chance of a young woman being brutally and violently raped, while increasing her odds of surviving that rape, in my mind something is wrong. It isn't so much the end result as the living in fear.

One has more to fear when defenseless against one or more armed criminals, even in ones own home which in my mind is absolutely disgusting. To feel afraid even in your place of safety because you are legislated out of your right to legally defend yourself is just a moral tragedy of the highest order.

Indeed, even today I talked to a co-worker whose husband is a farmer. She was telling me out of the blue that probably 90% of farmers--peaceful hardworking law-abiding citizens for the most part--buried their firearms in PVC pipes out in the fields, as soon as the government made clear they were coming for the firearms.

Here are peaceful citizens whose property is being forcefully taken by the government whose primary job it is to protect their rights and freedoms, not remove them because of one wingnut per decade cutting loose on a crowd of already defenseless people.

Thank you runner83 for understanding even if we disagree on some points. I get most of my statistics from government census sites, CIA Factbook, and shadowstats.com (or .org, I forget).

I would rather live in a nation where I am legally allowed to defend myself with firearms, and accept a higher chance of random violence occuring, than live in a nation where I have no legal defense against somebody(s) coming at me with an axe or machete, to which the only defense is a firearm, and home invasions with those tools are becoming frequent in Sydney/Victoria. Such is the way of perpetual fear and dependence, two states of mind I loathe as a citizen in a supposed free nation.

As the icing on the cake, in a disarmed society (Washington D.C. for example), the citizens rely on the police for protection. Meanwhile, the police prove over and over in federal court that they have zero (0) obligation to protect citizens from harm. An example would be the chilling case of Warren v. District of Columbia.

But Drdeee touched on the most important issue. Regardless of murder rates as random acts of violence, more disarmed civilians have been murdered by a machine-like violence that tends to sweep nations once they've been disarmed and make bad political choices based on a rationale of "I'm afraid, protect me."

Funny how anti-firearm supporters cite mass-murderers as a reason to take firearms away from citizens. They conveniently are blind to the real mass-murderers of history, who commit their crimes exclusively against disarmed populations.

And more people have been killed in genocides (preceeded by disarmament 100% of the time) than have been murdered in random acts, at least in the past century.

More than enough reason to disagree with anti-firearms legislation, however it is not a popular opinion to hold in todays "live in a perpetual state of fear" pop-culture mindset.

Sometimes I think the terrorists have won, since apparently they are leading governments across the world to clamp down on the rights and freedoms they were commissioned to protect.

Meh, long-winded again...

56andre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you aware that Australia has higher reported rates of armed robbery, home invasion, and violent assault (rape, gang beatings, mugging) than the USA?
Ahhh sorry man I find this very hard to belive, do you have any links for referents!

As for the rest, I'm pretty much on the same page as you, but have you ever considered that governments invented terrorism as an excuse to violate our freedom (mainly privacy)

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
56andre said:
Ahhh sorry man I find this very hard to belive, do you have any links for referents!

As for the rest, I'm pretty much on the same page as you, but have you ever considered that governments invented terrorism as an excuse to violate our freedom (mainly privacy)
For the year 2005.

Australia - http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/productsbyCatalogue/669C5A997EAED891CA2568A900139405/

USA - http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Home invasion, burglary, property crime:

Australia - In total, 488,200 households were victims of one or more of these selected household crimes, equating to an overall household victimisation prevalence rate of 6.2%.

USA - (10,174,754 incidents / 296,507,061 population) x 100 = 3.43%

Violent (armed robbery, sexual assault, aggravated assault):

Australia - In total 841,500 persons aged 15 years and over were victims of one or more of these selected personal crimes, equating to an overall personal victimisation prevalence rate of 5.3%.

USA - (1,374,005 / 296,507,061) x 100 = 0.46%

(Note how Australian statistics are hard to find and source, leaving generally only one government source that is in coherent form. I have no doubt that even the Australian numbers listed here are 'cooked' a little bit, due to the reporting disqualifiers in recent crime standards guidelines. These new 'standards' came in to effect shortly after the spike in violent crime following the handgun confiscation program of 2002 after the Monash Uni shooting. It does not help to politically lose face, due to the failure of the program and underlying philosophy that law abiding citizens are safer without their firearms, so one must change the way in which crimes are reported to disqualify a certain number of crimes committed for various reasons.)

-----

Regarding your second point, it has happened before and happens all the time, generally in more corrupt nations. Is it possible in America and other western nations? Yes. Has it happened recently? Who knows. Unless those who sanction such acts come out and say "I did it", we'll never know.

Whether or not it is to violate your freedoms or to carry out shady foreign policy under the guise of "end justifies the means", it does have precedence in your government:

Operation Northwoods.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf (Page 8, Section 4)

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
56andre said:
have you ever considered that governments invented terrorism as an excuse to violate our freedom (mainly privacy)

It is a historical fact. Example Adolf Hitler and the Reichstag fire. Check this out

Other historical examples is the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started Vietnam war. United States setup the whole incident and started a war for political reasons.

Another good one is USS Liberty. Israel attacked the ship and killed 34 American crew men. Apparently in order to blame Egypt and get United States involved.