Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Male Modeling

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like fun and i can drop a killer pose or two on occasion, thinkin of lookin for an agency or something, any of you gusy do any modeling?

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done some modeling work in the Philippines. There are a lot of talent websites out there that want you to pay money... Don't fall for those. Just go to an agency in person and get hand them a portfolio. Hey you got any pics?

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha gimme a break im not even flexin i could give u swooll if thats what u wanna see

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, did you have an operation of some sort on your chest? That could affect a modeling career. Get a good photographer and start up a portfolio. Usually agencies want photos of pictures of you with a white background.. In sporty clothes.. In casual clothes.. Standing up.. Sitting Down.. Figure out what an agency wants and get a good photographer..

Here is an example picture I have in mine (white background): http://myspace-411.vo.llnwd.net/00379/11/49/379529411_l.jpg

If you're planning on having a portfolio online, get a headshot, that will look good when sized down. When scouts browse, your profile pic is the first thing they see.

Headshot:
http://myspace-348.vo.llnwd.net/00651/84/33/651783348_l.jpg

(not a good example, but I'm not all big on looking for jobs online since I have an agency I am with in Manila, Philippines)

I took that pic myself so it's blurry.. but oh well, who cares.

Clear skin is a big thing too... If you've got some blemishes (acne), it'll seriously hurt your chances.

Just remember, don't pay the money for agencies claiming you got accepted but they would liek to train you. (they just want your money) If an agency is truly interested, they will pay for all the expenses of your training!

Just be careful, lots of scam artists in this line of business bro.

All I can say is... Good luck dude

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PumpingIron13 said:

Well you have the bone structure, thats for sure.:up:

Id advise you to shave your head down to like grade 2 though, ud look better.

That pose when ur standing , lol dude dont do that ahaha!!

Btw i think u have to be 6 ft and over for modelling. Try o get a portfolio done or something. Quite a few guys have done modelling here. off the top of my head i think Jariel is the man to ask , hes done some modelling im pretty sure.

later

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was with an agency 2004/2005 but couldnt get any MORE booking. now i find it difficult getting another agency.

i think you can either

1. send a very,very,very good head shot via email to an agency, dont aim for the top once in newyork yet cuss they too picky.

2. also send a body shot.

3. if you have the guts go see them in person, you got the looks for modelling anyway.
modelling dont mean you have to be very handsome they sometimes need unusual looking guys or guys with the "classic" look.. wat eva that means.
be atleast 5'9 tall. and just because an agency dont acept you , it dont mean you arnt handsome many everyday guys look better than some male models... the only difference is the male models got the height.

im not really a photogenic person so im make sure i get the best pictures taken im still aint content and need more perfect photos myself.

some agencies just need a simple headshotand body shot no much make up and simple clothes, theyll tell you themselves how they wana market you.

by the way get used to being rejected dont take it personal.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was scouted last year for a modelling competition and got hooked up with an agency, but it didn't suit me as I'm very uncomfortable in front of the camera, have no clue how to pose and apparently that all went against me. There's a lot more to it than good looks.

I was told that I had the "right look" - namely high cheekbones, deepset eyes and good jaw structure and looking at your pictures, you have that look (tho hard to tell about the eyes).

Basically get a portfolio together and send it to some agencies. You will get feedback from there. But as Neonbase said don't be fooled by agencies who try to charge you! Legitimate agencies take a cut of your earnings; they do not charge you up front!

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha well Im plannin some more work in the gym then when i get back from summer vacation I'll send some photos to some agencies here in San Diego and see what responses I could get.