Male Fukcing Depression

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of you know my background. Apart from post trauma, most men don't suffer depression, women do. When a man has depression/anxiety, he usually can't pin it down to something...WHY?

If a client suffers executive burnout you rarely prescribe bloody Prozac, you actually get them to work out physically very hard. It is re masculizing the man. WHY? Lifting weight increases lean muscle mass, increases testosterone production and increases metabolism, thus reducing middel age spread. The elevated testosterone is what attacks the "free floating" depression.

I have read a few posts regarding depression and anxiety and thought this might be useful to you. Go pump some weights and it should have an effect on that anxiety and depression.

Just trying to help.

Scoiland

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i get depressed from time to time and i found that lifting weights did help

however, when i did it seemed as though i began to lose my hair.... i went on some treatments and stopped and it grew back.....

i really want to start working out again because my body is starting to look like **** ... but i am scared

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Exercise increases the level of dopamine released in the brain and increases the number of dopamine receptors in the brain. Dopamine is a "feel good" chemical, for those who don't know what it is.

The best treatment for depression is exercise.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody says exercise makes you feel good but it never has for me. Every time I've exercised, or when I do anything physically demanding, I get incredibly pissed at everything. It's like I want to destroy the world, but thankfully I'm too tired to do it.

MackToBe

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems depression is becoming more common with men now which is kind of worrying. However my drepression days are gone now, for the first time in my life seriously I feel great and positive about life in general. I try not to let things bother me even what people may say about me and my shyness has pretty much vanished. Exercise I do that too and it (sometimes) does make you feel good but, generally working out can be repetitive and make you feel a bit drained. There have been many times Iv'e wanted to quit and the men out number the women in the gym by a lot so thats annyoying.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay off the pills unless you are so bad off that you think you might commit suicide. Johns Hopkins Univ published a study that attributed most of the benefits of anti-depressants to the placebo effect. People think they are better because they took their "meds." 75% of people on anti-depressants, which is millions in the US alone, are getting only placebo benefits, but all of the side effects, the most noted of which is massive weight gain. We give fat, depressed women pills that make them fatter, and this is supposed to help their depression?

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know it could very well be a dietary problem, or a food allergy/reaction. You should do a search online for types of food that can contribute to altered/depressed mental states, and see if you can cut that stuff out of your diet. If you have a gluton problem, then you may notice hairloss, fatigue and other things in combination with depression.
Try eating a much healthier diet, and see if your mood changes at all. Also, find a life purpose or a long-term goal and stick with it.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypertension

If drugs wont work, the only way to control hypertension (high blood pressure) is to walk. Similarly, Drs prefer to hit you with prozac because people WILL take a pill, but few WILL HIT THE GYM.

The dopamine and rush from working out is short lived, however if you have the CEO of a company crying and in the fetal position on your floor, prozac aint gonna fix it. Similar to WW1 when they feminized then re masculinized men. To this day, if a corporate suffers true burnout, he is asked to take a year out and work hard physically.

Testosterone is mans wonder drug, we produce it naturally, but it depletes if not worked and used. We are not really built to sit at a desk 9 hours a day.

If you can force yourself through the pain barrier and hit the gym, work hard and get that lean mass building, you WILL increase testosterone. It WILL make you sharper, faster, tougher, more decisive and more masculine.

Depression was always a female problem, it is rising in the male population and we are starting to overtake the women. Difference is women can usually pin it to something, most men cant...they cant say it was abuse, or post natal or clinical, its usually a feeling they cant beat and dont understand. In nearly every case is it simply reduced testosterone levels. THIS IS WHAT SOCIETY HAS DONE TO US.