Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Male friends problem

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I seem to have a rather weird problem. I don't have the urge to have close male friends; I'd much rather chill by myself. I do hang out with a certain group of guys on Tuesday nights and I have other male acquaintances but I have just about no desire to have close male friends because with rare exceptions I either don't have a whole lot in common with other guys, or if I do, there's not much I can do. I am almost always the one who asks to hang out, not the other guy... which either means 1) guys usually don't have the incentive to call me, or 2) I'm more alpha than they are. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that guys who have quite a few guy friends do better with the ladies than loners do. I wonder if there's something to this, since I know the DJ stuff well enough but I don't usually have the peer encouragement.

This has been bugging me for years actually, and I don't really know what to do. Do any of you have this problem?

BGMan

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Word biotch.

Personally, I enjoy having guy friends but I much prefer female friends.

I go in cycles though. For months at a time I may just want to be alone and no one can get me to come out with them. They can come over my house and we'll chill but I don't want to go anywhere with friends. Just on my own. Clubs, bars, malls, travelling, wherever...just on my own. When that comes to an end I'll go back into party mode and go out with friends as often as possible and actively make new friends and meet new people wherever I go. After a few months to a year of that I'll go back into hibernation mode, haha. My friends used to hate it but eventually they just came to expect it.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
I seem to have a rather weird problem. I don't have the urge to have close male friends; I'd much rather chill by myself. I do hang out with a certain group of guys on Tuesday nights and I have other male acquaintances but I have just about no desire to have close male friends because with rare exceptions I either don't have a whole lot in common with other guys, or if I do, there's not much I can do. I am almost always the one who asks to hang out, not the other guy... which either means 1) guys usually don't have the incentive to call me, or 2) I'm more alpha than they are. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that guys who have quite a few guy friends do better with the ladies than loners do. I wonder if there's something to this, since I know the DJ stuff well enough but I don't usually have the peer encouragement.

This has been bugging me for years actually, and I don't really know what to do. Do any of you have this problem?

BGMan
I have lots and lots of male friends. I even have a few that I have known since kidergarten. One of my best friends I met when I was 5. Not trying to brag but realistically I think I have more male friends then each one of my male friends. I have several groups of friends where I am friends with all of them but none of them have any friends outside the group (did that make sense) Anyway, for me at least it doesnt coincide with being a ladies man. I have lots of guy friends but I am not that great with the ladies (hit and miss). Most all of my guy friends have girlfriends or date alot even if they dont have many guy friends.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason, the only real 'guy friends' that I have are all marines, firefighters, or hardcore martial artists... I don't really get along with 'average joe' because average joe hates my guts.

Oh well... I much prefer the company of real men and women to that of immature little fools any day of the week.

"Have no friends not equal to yourself."--Confucius