Making things "official"....

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Is anyone else here getting TIRED OF HEARING PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THIS BULLSH!T??

There is NOTHING official in romance...this is one of the first things you should learn. Romance and romantic relationships are constantly growing, changing, evolving, dying, etc...talking about an "official" relationship would be like saying a child isn't "officially" born until the birth certificate is issued.

If you're worried about making something "official," it's most likely because you have a lack of confidence in your girl's commitment to you and your ability to give her what she needs romantically and you're looking for some way to "bind" her into commitment so she doesn't run on you.

This is WEAK. You're the same people who marry a woman because you love her and are trying to stick her down before someone else gets a hold of her. It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. The "DJ game" NEVER ends. EVER. It's not like you "DJ" a girl for a few weeks and then once it becomes "official", you can relax and go back to your chump self because you've "bagged" the hot one.

If you have to ASK how to make a relationship exclusive, it isn't, and saying so won't make it so. Sticking feathers up your azz does NOT make you a chicken...and sticking a "relationship" label on your girl does not make her yours. You will KNOW when she wants to be yours and you want to be hers and you will make it known to each other naturally at that time.

The way you make a relationship "exclusive" is to be the MAN she saw in you that made her fall for you in the first place so that she can't see any reason TO be with anyone else.

Stop trying to define your lives in terms of specific relationships and just BE the person you want to be. If you enjoy being with this woman exclusively and she enjoys being with YOU exclusively, the relationship will take care of itself. You may end up overtly discussing this at some point or it may just become understood between you...that depends on your own PERSONAL style of communicating with this chick. But there is no contract to sign.

Just as soon as you decide to be "exclusive," you could meet someone else who absolutely blows your current girl away, or she could meet someone she likes far more than you, and that little "contract" you thought you had does NOTHING for you except give you an excuse to whine about her being a "cheating b!tch" when you break up.

Love and attraction are powerful natural emotions, not social conventions. They will NEVER be corporate, NEVER be binding, and NEVER be certain. So don't ASK about how to make it "official", because YOU CAN'T!!!

*pant* *pant* *deep breath*

[/SOAPBOX]

finesse

Don Juan
Reaction score
:cool: In my Afc days i told a chick lets make it official........ she flaked
lookig back .. i just make u look desprate.. too many girls outthere , she should be suggesting if you want things to be official

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you think you shall become.

When I find a girl who I love, I say to her after a few months of dating, "I am not dating anyone else and I hope you aren't either, but I want us both to only date each other exclusively".

It's worked for me 2x. 1st time was a one year LTR. The second was a five year LTR.

Do what makes you happy.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Will you marry me"?

lol, nan - I didn't even read your post. I'll get back at you latter.