Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

making it work when there is not much in common

Canadian Idol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering, I am starting to see this girl that works at my local nightclub and we have been talking for about a week now but it seems like the only thing we have in common is this club. I know that I would like to get to know her and find new things that she may have an interest in but do you find that relationships can work out when there is not much in common? My question is, can a relationship work out if there is not much in common?

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attitude and desire are the most important ingredients in a successful relationship. Even the most amazing initial attraction can be a dud unless both have a feeling of desire and a positive attitude for working to a common goal.

If you are comfortable in her presence and she in yours, then that's half of a relationship right there. It is a firm foundation that both can work to build, but that's the key: both must want to work, which means desire and attitude. Don't do too much different from now on, just observe any attempts on her part to get closer to you. If you see any signs of HER interest, match them but do no more. If she takes a step, you take an equal step, and so on. If after awhile you really and objectively see that she likes you and wants to spend time, then you've got a good possibility of going places.

Until then, keep dating other chicks.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is, can a relationship work out if there is not much in common?
I say NO!!!!! It has been my expereince that women who I have the best sex ever with...ya know where the mattress is on the floor by the end of round 1...I NEVER HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH OTHER THAN FVCKING! This is fine...as long as one realises thats all that is going on!

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on what you & her future goals would be. If your future goals have much in common, you have a good possibility of having a successful relationship with her. However, if your future goals have NOTHING in common, then the two of you will most likely drift apart.

You may also want to take this into consideration: People are immediately attracted to members of the opposite sex who they have things in common with. A person with common interests will stick in your mind a lot better than someone who is only physically attractive. Therefore, there is a much greater chance of someone cheating in a relationship where the two of them don't have much in common. They'll end up meeting someone they click incredibly well with, and find their bf/gf much less attractive.

I'd say date her for experience, but don't expect anything incredibly long term.

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, that's the reason there are so many divorces today.

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having things in common is not as important as having rapport. Rapport can be created out of nothing, even if you share few interests. Inside jokes are a good place to start.